• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050 WBL Draft Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Haswell can give 0-162 seasons? I want him back now

avon-barksdale-waving-finger.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
bruin completely wrong about the Haswell curse. Based on this season, my guess is that you play well all season long, only to miss the playoffs in the last sim. This assures you the worst possible draft pick with no playoff revenue.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
bruin completely wrong about the Haswell curse. Based on this season, my guess is that you play well all season long, only to miss the playoffs in the last sim. This assures you the worst possible draft pick with no playoff revenue.

He has different curses for different teams, that's what makes him so special.

Wolfman21

the FAQ thread says there is a 12 hour limit for the first couple rounds but I don't think we've ever done that. Not to my memory atleast. I could be wrong. Would be a nice rule to implement

jdlikewhoa

the FAQ thread says there is a 12 hour limit for the first couple rounds but I don't think we've ever done that. Not to my memory atleast. I could be wrong. Would be a nice rule to implement
The UBL used to do it. It's gone the way of the dodo in the WBL

jdlikewhoa

Utopians do love ratings doe, stats be damned. @bruin228 saw them shiny Adrián Gutiérrez ratings and bit hard.
Thank God. I should gift him some picks just for taking that contract off my hands. On a semi related note, I'm loving the budget flexibility I set up over the next two years. Should be fun for FA and IFA

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ah yes, the origination of the Zach Mills rule @OU11

If only you actually knew where it came from. Wasn't Zack.

Also, again, sometimes a guy gets hurt for a long period of time and goes to the DL through the end of the feeder season. The way that the game operates at the end of the season is it fills up the feeders with freshmen to get to the 25 player limit. So when the guy on the DL recovers he has no where to go and he never gets back on the field until he's drafted. It doesn't mean anything that he didn't play except.. well I guess that's @Mr. Radpants schtick.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
My shtick is that Zach's bitching created the no off-the-field injury rule back in the UBL. This was accidental pseudohistory but seems to bother you so I keep referencing it as the @ZackMills rule whenever a simulation baseball player slips in the tub.

Really Zach's whining resulted in the unprecedented third rounder award via bdub selig, which is often joked about as well whenever anything goes wrong.

This shtick is now over as I have had to take the time to explain it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
My shtick is that Zach's bitching created the no off-the-field injury rule back in the UBL. This was accidental pseudohistory but seems to bother you so I keep referencing it as the @ZackMills rule whenever a simulation baseball player slips in the tub.

Really Zach's whining resulted in the unprecedented third rounder award via bdub selig, which is often joked about as well whenever anything goes wrong.

This shtick is now over as I have had to take the time to explain it.
The schtick was in reference to the indie devs, calm down.

It was gator's star pitching prospect who was the first to be reversed. Zack mills was when bdub gave him a 3rd

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I actually read your post, i didnt know you knew zack's situation didnt have anything to do with injuries being reversed or not longer than two weeks. I really thought you were remembering either of those two things having something to do with zack.

Wolfman21

He responded to my PM and said PMs are the only way he gets notifications. So after Mike picks, just make sure to PM him.

Wolfman21

I PM'd him. He stated he was pretty bogged down with work earlier though, so he may have already turned in for the night.

Wolfman21

if hes on the east coast its not. Its almost 11:30 here. I Know on nights where i work the next day i'm usually passed out by 10 or 1030

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
The draft brings out the funniest and worse things out of you guys :laughing: