• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050-2051 OFF SEASON THREAD (GET YOUR WBL ROSTERS DOWN TO 25 MEN)

NML

In the chance that figs does want to hand off the tuts or when someone inevitably quits, does anyone have an extra key so I can mess around with 16 for a bit?

jdlikewhoa

Megaman up to 37m/year... do I go scouting/devo to 0 and start with his first year at $65m? @jdlikewhoa
Lol. Do what you gotta do. Can't wait to open the game in the morn and check out the situation.

This just confirms that I should've bugged Wendell more at the deadline.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
riggers got the whole SL shook...

JD spending like $100M/year on 2 pitchers
Wolfman dismantling his team to avoid embarassment
Lloyd set dev budget to $0 to increase his payroll to compete with Douglass Tagg.
fignuts won't even log in.

I think it is time for the FIRST SHALL BE LAST AND THE LAST SHALL BE FIRST. LRM/SF/Riggers/KW playoffs by 2052!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
When I joined the league, the botttom 4 in the SL was SF LRM NDR and KW. KW and NDR already set the world on fire last season and I predict FRED to lead a resurgent SF. Once @bruin228 figures out how to sign draft picks, he too will be formidable.

jdlikewhoa

riggers got the whole SL shook...

JD spending like $100M/year on 2 pitchers
Wolfman dismantling his team to avoid embarassment
Lloyd set dev budget to $0 to increase his payroll to compete with Douglass Tagg.
fignuts won't even log in.

I think it is time for the FIRST SHALL BE LAST AND THE LAST SHALL BE FIRST. LRM/SF/Riggers/KW playoffs by 2052!
Lol. You clearly know nothing of my history. I like spending money in FA. Bidding wars are the only thing that increase my IMMERSION.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It's more the process and how long it drags. I got a few guys that I wanted last year, still didn't like the process.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I won't. You bid them up too high.

Oh, all my trades come with me paying for the rest of that season's salary! :thumbsup:

And GTFO with bidding them up too high. Rex Rowe wanted $1.5M a year and is up to $7M. I had no part in that. Saw some Hammer offers in there though. Pitching is crazy expensive this off-season.

Lloyd Carr

I sign them. You give me prospects when you trade for them in a few weeks. You think I signed Seguin to win?
I won't. You bid them up too high.

Exactly.

I don't know why people think it's a good idea to sign a FA to an exorbitant contract, and then try and auction them off later.

If the Haves could afford those FA, they would have outbid you. The reason you win is because the people who can use those players, don't have the funds to pay for the contracts you're willing to shell out.

If the manager is willing to pay for the salary, that's probably a better idea. But you've got to have the cash on hand to fulfill that obligation. How many people have that much cash? Does Zack have enough cash to cover all the salaries for the players he wants to sell?

ZackMills

Have mercy
Talking bout all these relievers.

I've signed one reliever to a modest two year deal and have two offers on current FAs below what they were asking for :dunno: JD is the one that has priced me out of a few.
I'm willing to sign good relievers, probably to money more than most, because I'm not spending any money on SP and need good relievers to know if my pitching strategy will work.

If the manager is willing to pay for the salary, that's probably a better idea. But you've got to have the cash on hand to fulfill that obligation. How many people have that much cash? Does Zack have enough cash to cover all the salaries for the players he wants to sell?

I've still got $9M to offer FAs.

And for the record, I've never signed anyone to a deal I'm not willing to keep the rest of the year. I'd rather have a Seguin playing 3B and trying to win 75 games than some shithead @Reel had on the roster when I took over and losing 100 games every year.

Lloyd Carr

I've still got $9M to offer FAs.

Yeah, but if you are looking to flip the FA you signed, and pay for their contracts, you need the cash to do so. Most managers have $10M in cash. Seguin's contract is $10M. So if you have $10M cash, the only player you can trade, and cover their contract, is Seguin. Or you can flip a few cheaper FA, but still be stuck with the other handful of guys you signed with the intent to flip.

Otherwise, if you want to flip FA, the managers you're trying to flip to have to have the budget space to cover the contract (or have a contract dump to send back to you). If they had the budget space to begin with, they'd have signed the FA in the first place.

Lloyd Carr

If you signed the FA with the intent to flip them, and cover their contract in order to do so, then you've likely made a huge mistake.

If you signed the FA with the intent to compete (or at least not suck), then you're probably fine.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Signing guys to flip them was just a shtick. I'm trying to win 75 games. Let me piddle in mediocrity in peace.

giphy.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Plus if you can sign a few popular guys/win 78-80 games, you'll get a very nice bump in budget for next year.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Plus if you can sign a few popular guys/win 78-80 games, you'll get a very nice bump in budget for next year.

Winning doesn't seem to matter all that much, lol. My fan interest bumped like 2 points for finishing 3rd instead of the predicted 7th and I ended up with a smaller budget because I increased my ticket prices by $2, which was apparently too much given dropping oil prices.

Fan interest dynamics in this game seem pretty dumb to me.

doh

Winning doesn't seem to matter all that much, lol. My fan interest bumped like 2 points for finishing 3rd instead of the predicted 7th and I ended up with a smaller budget because I increased my ticket prices by $2, which was apparently too much given dropping oil prices.

Fan interest dynamics in this game seem pretty dumb to me.
Last year I went from 79 to 100 when I started winning games. I mean you won 84 games... you probably have to win more to get a bump.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
All I'm saying is that if that was the Rockies fighting for the playoffs after a 5 year post season drought, they'd have sold out every game in August and September. My attendance didn't even budge.

@doh Your team's fans are dumb anyway, 100 interest despite being playoff disappointments yet again... They should be pissed about POST SEASON CHOKES.

Orlando wins the Series but lets Juarez walk in free agency and drops to 94 interest? LMAO.

Win 20 more games than projected and make the playoffs +2 fan interest. Sign one player +8 fan interest. Lol.

doh

All I'm saying is that if that was the Rockies fighting for the playoffs after a 5 year post season drought, they'd have sold out every game in August and September. My attendance didn't even budge.

@doh Your team's fans are dumb anyway, 100 interest despite being playoff disappointments yet again... They should be pissed about POST SEASON CHOKES.

Orlando wins the Series but lets Juarez walk in free agency and drops to 94 interest? LMAO.

Win 20 more games than projected and make the playoffs +2 fan interest. Sign one player +8 fan interest. Lol.
Well yes fan interest is dumb... you don't need to make a chart to prove it. No one has ever denied it.

And yes it sucks playing in the reel playoffs as opposed to the consolation bracket.

doh

We were at 90 or 92 fan interest. I don't get it
Yeah I'm at 100 but I'm going to go down once Izo, Farid and Harris sign I bet. It's so dumb that I don't lose the points until they sign. I wish I'd lose the points when they become FAs so the Naka/Rep/McHeshi extensions would make up for it.

doh

I guess the way to "game it" (and I've done this) is to wait t out until after the off-season and get the extensions signed after I lose the points. The main problem with that is I want 100 FI during the off-season now because of season tickets.

I could get 100 FI if the god damn game would just let me lose the points once those guys file for FA though.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I guess the way to "game it" (and I've done this) is to wait t out until after the off-season and get the extensions signed after I lose the points. The main problem with that is I want 100 FI during the off-season now because of season tickets.

I could get 100 FI if the god damn game would just let me lose the points once those guys file for FA though.
I think fan interest can go over 100, so I'm not sure it matters.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I was thinking about that... maybe it does. A "season score" is out of 100 and can go over it.
Yeah 120 is a perfect season score. I'm pretty sure fan interest can go higher than 100 too.