• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2050-2051 OFF SEASON THREAD (GET YOUR WBL ROSTERS DOWN TO 25 MEN)

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Let me rephrase: He should top out at a minimum of 60 at that position based on his individual fielding stats, so he should still have room to grow with experience even though he's played a lot of minor league innings there. He could also hit 65, but those last 5 position points, if they come at all, usually take a lot more time for a player to earn (like possibly multiple seasons) and they may never reach it before they start declining due to age.

I know it sounds weird, but my tool predicts a player's minimum "max" positional rating based on their composite fielding ratings.

My bet is he hits 60 in ST and then might hit 65 if played there for a season or more.
Interestingly enough. Rep is the only player in the WBL and minors with 60/65/75/65 infield ratings. I was trying to find an exact comp, but one doesn't exist.

There is one player that fits a comp of:
Range less than 65
Error less than 70
Arm less than 80
Turn DP less than 70
SS rating at least 60

That player is Roberto Rocha and he looks to have topped out at 60. He has a lesser arm and maybe that takes Rep to 65, but I think the Turn DP and Error need to be higher than 65 to make up for the range being lower.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I actually think that the McBride contract is completely realistic and should be legal, but sorry for your lots. The @doh rules say no way.
Uh I did a similar deal with Colon that was BANT. I think those deals are very realistic.

YOU were the one arguing against it.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think everyone is smart enough to tell a realistic deal from cheating the system except for Wolfrulesarerules21, which is why we have to baby the entire league and make 5 year limits.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think everytime Doh, Rad, or I get baited into discussing contract rules, the baiter should get a prize. Maybe a free pick in the Hunger Games.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Thanks for telling me something I already knew, Orlando and I had a 10 post discussion on it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Dani's is legal apparently. They both will get chopped to 5, I just submitted them to see if they'd actually work after tinkering with them. I always forget and export after I change my minors and never fixed it.

I think yankee even liked my "I wanted to cheat" post.

doh

Nice with Bogers signing I have 9 pitchers. I might have enough to field a team this year.

doh

Y'all are some sons of bitches driving up these prices
I need Bish to make up his god damn mind already. If he doesn't pick me, I'm going to have $50m in space to do nothing.

This is the first time in 20 or whatever WBL/UBL off-seasons I've got into a legitimate bidding war. Fuck it at this point I just want him to say I won the war.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Thanks for telling me something I already knew, Orlando and I had a 10 post discussion on it.

I thought this was two sims ago that you had a nebulous discussion on 10/5, maybe I'm making progress breaking the space time.

Last edited:

ZackMills

Have mercy
I accidentally clicked 'offer minor league contract' instead of 'offer contract.' Looks like that overrode my previous contract I offered a FA. How do I undo that? Do I have to delete the WBL2.lg file and redownload?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
This is where I open the save on my other computer and write over the bad export.

I guess you need to re-download the file.

Schauwn

Anyone else confirm that is definitely what I need to do? I'll remember the task manager trick next time.

You just have to delete one file, and then you'll be able to download the file as though it were new.

@OU11 posted it a few pages back. I'll update this post when I find the file name.

EDIT: online_league_file_time.dat in the settings folder, in the WBL2 folder, wherever your game saves.

ZackMills

Have mercy
You just have to delete one file, and then you'll be able to download the file as though it were new.

@OU11 posted it a few pages back. I'll update this post when I find the file name.

EDIT: online_league_file_time.dat in the settings folder, in the WBL2 folder, wherever your game saves.

Thanks, looks like it worked.

I just thought it was funny you scanned around the room asking, "Anyone else?"

Deleting the entire save just seemed too extreme.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I need Bish to make up his god damn mind already. If he doesn't pick me, I'm going to have $50m in space to do nothing.

This is the first time in 20 or whatever WBL/UBL off-seasons I've got into a legitimate bidding war. Fuck it at this point I just want him to say I won the war.
He won't sign until opening day probably.