• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2049-2050 Offseason Thread (FREE AGENCY TIME)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Maybe this is where greed comes in? Or its based on potential? Roddis is the biggest asshole. He doesnt even play that well, would never sign a multi-year deal and how his arb estimate is up to $10m.

I thought arb was based on an arbitrator gauging his price, which means it has nothing to do with greed. I'm not talking about what they want, I'm talking about an arb guy looking at gut's numbers and saying he deserves 3M when this SS outplayed him by a large margin deserves 800k

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I thought arb was based on an arbitrator gauging his price, which means it has nothing to do with greed. I'm not talking about what they want, I'm talking about an arb guy looking at gut's numbers and saying he deserves 3M when this SS outplayed him by a large margin deserves 800k
Gut has very low greed too. I honestly don't know how this stuff works but I feel like deals like Guti's should be the norm when using common sense rather than gonzalez's. No star prospect takes less than a million a year when they could easily make 6-7 in arb per year, I don't care how generous you are.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I dumbed. It doesn't make sense. Thats the problem with arb estimates that early. I think they are based on potential.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Dumb MLB analogies aside, whatever Wolfwatever21. My post that you're referencing wasn't a complaint about the league, just annoyance at how my offseason had turned out. One of those situations where you put a lot of planning in and nothing turns out in any good way despite best efforts. And in that post I was lamenting about F/A targets, not IFA.

In F/A, my "A" plan that I was referring to wasn't an A plan like someone that you, as a competitive team, would target. They were realistic, hopefully under the radar signings that would help the Distillers get a few more wins or build in the right direction. Grade on the loser curve if it helps you.

It just so happens that when I targeted these guys someone like the Tanners would scoop up my plan "B" that sim, and someone like Seoul or Berlin would beat me for guy "A". It happened a bunch this offseason with different guys that weren't unrealistic for me to sign and my end result was nothing like the goal that I set out for. Example: Upgrade RF

In no capacity did I propose rule changes either.

You basically took a post from me about the Distillers' offseason, combined it with Yankee's opinions on league trends, imagined some rule change proposals and argued it for some reason.
Comparing this to real life also loses the fact that if a "option A" FA doesn't sign with you that you can pick up the phone and call "plan B". In this game Plan B-Z could sign that same sim.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That doesn't make that much sense either, Guti is only slightly higher in STARZZ potential which is what the game would use. Maybe he's just being a dick to OU because his budget is so high, idk.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Gut has very low greed too. I honestly don't know how this stuff works but I feel like deals like Guti's should be the norm when using common sense rather than gonzalez's. No star prospect takes less than a million a year when they could easily make 6-7 in arb per year, I don't care how generous you are.
From what I've seen, the game just has zero clue with how to deal with guys before they hit arb.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It's probably based on WAR tbh, since Guti was pushing 2 and Gonzalez was negative. Still seems asinine when using common sense but whatever, I'm sure it's fair and balanced.

I'm going to make Redbeard on a pitch count of 10 per game this year so his arb estimate is 800k, all his arb years for 1m gonna feel so good.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That doesn't make that much sense either, Guti is only slightly higher in STARZZ potential which is what the game would use. Maybe he's just being a dick to OU because his budget is so high, idk.
Tony Gonzalez is 3 stars, Guti is 5. Thats a pretty big difference. Guti has insane potential. I don't see perennial All-Star in Gonzalez like some of you do, but that's just me.

Lloyd Carr

Maybe I'll just put whoever does it at -10M cash

Ive fucked up some TO buyouts (forgot to set them) in the past and I know I did so again this offseason accidentally (forgot again). I also released a guy who didnt have a TO buyout this year (I did so knowingly, hoping no one would notice).

I need my money, so hold off on the pentalty rule until next year. Thanks.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I dumbed. It doesn't make sense. Thats the problem with arb estimates that early. I think they are based on potential.

There are 28 days separating them, I know guti is a lot better according to potential but I still don't understand why that SS was so low.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ive fucked up some TO buyouts (forgot to set them) in the past and I know I did so again this offseason (forgot again). I also released a guy who didnt have a TO buyout (I did so knowingly, hoping no one would notice).

I need my money, so hold off on the pentalties until next year. Thanks.

If there is no buyout for TOs that year just becomes guaranteed. That's always been the penalty for that.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
There are 28 days separating them, I know guti is a lot better according to potential but I still don't understand why that SS was so low.
Right, so they dont have much to base it on yet other than a season's worth of WAR and potential. Some of those fringe players will have 750k arb estimates for a long time. Craig Decker was like that too.

Gooksta

toy-story-popcorn.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yildi might actually start for me, would you like a 4th outfielder from my system, @Yankee151?

We could negotiate a fair trade and then a pact between our nations and this day 4/something/2050 could be a mutual holiday between our nations. Suggested custom: flood the subforum with celebratory gifs on the anniversary of this great day.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Make ur time, let me check in game in the morning, I think we can get this done.

Snow always performed, I let him down as a GM.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So...

Dublin gets:
Yildi

Istanbul gets:
Snow

Borg gets:
4th from Dublin
3rd from Istanbul

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Make it my 1st and we might have a deal

I like your post for it's comedic value but refuse to actually like it in case I end up with a missing 2nd round pick.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I only accept the gif posting custom if it's in other subforums, not this one. Preferably the ones kella and pavel frequent the most.