• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2049-2050 Offseason Thread (FREE AGENCY TIME)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@Orlando, I got both Gut and JARVIS to sign for 5 years. Apparently they'll sign cheap for one year, but if you want them 5 years you have to cough up a lot more. It's the opposite as the earlier versions. JARVIS wanted 1 year for 800k, so I had to pay him 3.6M per year to lock him up. Probably a bad move but I needed to know exactly how much I would have to pay going forward with Zo. Dani wanted 1 year 2.8M, had to pay him 4.6M to sign for 5.

Lloyd Carr

Ill never get contract AI.

$3.6 per year for a closer, while wolfman gets a future all-star SS for $950K per year for 6 years.

How does that make sense?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I got Herc? Wooooo

I think everyone knows the Tony Gonzalez deal is the worst shit ever in this league but who cares so no point in complaining about it Lloyd.

Also, Herc on the block. :trollface:

Lloyd Carr

Speaking of contract AI, I offered Bly $3M for 1 year.

He must really like the craps tables in Vegas in order to bail on Buffalo after 15 years over $190K.

Lloyd Carr

I'm 0-3 in trying to get my guys to retire having only played for the Buffalo/Boston/Bangkok organization.

All that's left is Enquist and Gilleland. One of youll bastards will surely spoil them too.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Orlando, I got both Gut and JARVIS to sign for 5 years. Apparently they'll sign cheap for one year, but if you want them 5 years you have to cough up a lot more. It's the opposite as the earlier versions. JARVIS wanted 1 year for 800k, so I had to pay him 3.6M per year to lock him up. Probably a bad move but I needed to know exactly how much I would have to pay going forward with Zo. Dani wanted 1 year 2.8M, had to pay him 4.6M to sign for 5.
I tried with Harris. I offered him like double. Two years was the longest he would take.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm 0-3 in trying to get my guys to retire having only played for the Buffalo/Boston/Bangkok organization.

All that's left is Enquist and Gilleland. One of youll bastards will surely spoil them too.

This is impossible, @ZackMills paid over a million for Mercier for literally zero reason, we staged an entire trade to have him retire a Distiller.

Thanks for screwing up WBL storylines because you actually read scouting ratings for 40 year old players, Zack.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Ill never get contract AI.

$3.6 per year for a closer, while wolfman gets a future all-star SS for $950K per year for 6 years.

How does that make sense?
Well Wolf broke the not longer than 5-year rule a sim or two ago and claimed ignorance. Now what's his excuse?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I don't think you can see it once they sign.

It just proves my point about how insane pre-arb deals are. If you complain about the economics of the game yet think these deals make sense, I give up.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It's a mystery now, but I'm going to guess that if a 0.2 WAR catcher with the same service time on Wolf's team has a 2.4m arb estimate that Tony Gonzalez's wasn't close to 950k.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Im going to need to think out a consequence for this stuff. Right now people just do it "oh yeah i dont read the faq just take a year off". Fuck off. There's no reason not totry and slip one by, but there will be

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

It just proves my point about how insane pre-arb deals are. If you complain about the economics of the game yet think these deals make sense, I give up.
It's okay, it helps the middle of the road teams so it's fine for the big dogs to make deals like this too.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing: jesus. Wolf is the contract offer (not even final contract) cop too.

@OU11 you can just void these contacts and make people renegotiate them. FWIW, I am seeing his arb estimate at $800k when I delete the extension.

Lloyd Carr

I believe the contract was signed when he had 1 year and 14 days or something like that. I dont know what the arb estimate was so I only critiqued the length since that was the only illegal part I could prove.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@doh signing Farren to a minor league deal when he turned me down for one and it was one of my owner goals :(

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
:laughing: jesus. Wolf is the contract offer (not even final contract) cop too.

@OU11 you can just void these contacts and make people renegotiate them. FWIW, I am seeing his arb estimate at $800k when I delete the extension.

then it is legal (aside from length). I am chopping off the 6th year and next year will cancel the TO

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

I love you like a brother, can we just meet up at a mid Atlantic stadium and work this out in person?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't get how that SS plays so well and wants 800k when Gut was dogshit and had a 3M estimate. FFFFUUUUUU OOTP

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
After this, cancel them all together :laughing:

If anybody signs a arb buyout contract of more than 5 years I'm just going to add $3M to each year. cancelling does nothing since they can just redo the same thing

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't get how that SS plays so well and wants 800k when Gut was dogshit and had a 3M estimate. FFFFUUUUUU OOTP
Maybe this is where greed comes in? Or its based on potential? Roddis is the biggest asshole. He doesnt even play that well, would never sign a multi-year deal and how his arb estimate is up to $10m.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Maybe it's based on Nazi Indy Dev logic stealing our money for a shoddy product. Just thought I would float that as someone that hates anyone trying to run their own business.

Lloyd Carr

Maybe this is where greed comes in? Or its based on potential? Roddis is the biggest asshole. He doesnt even play that well, would never sign a multi-year deal and how his arb estimate is up to $10m.

Cant be greed. guti is very low and Gonzalez is just low.

What happened with Roddis happened to me with Paz. And every year he was granted more than his arb estimate. He has to go to FA after this year.