• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 WBL Draft Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm shopping 9th overall. Want guys to help now or future picks. Maybe even more picks in this draft.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm shopping 9th overall. Want guys to help now or future picks. Maybe even more picks in this draft.

I'd enjoy it, have 3 2nd round picks starting at 17. Have guys that are ready/almost ready. Look my team over and see if something could work

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Damn @OU11 Lopez has a $9M demand. I think he will pan out fine, but thats some cash. Meanwhile, Funk wants slot.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Damn @OU11 Lopez has a $9M demand. I think he will pan out fine, but thats some cash. Meanwhile, Funk wants slot.

I couldn't look at those things and didn't want to hold the draft up. It's better if he busts anyway, I'm almost back even on players. Hopefully I can start wheeling and dealing again soon.

osick87

Community Liaison
After seeing the signing demands, I think I would have valued Kirby higher than Razor. Assuming OU has money though so it isn't a big deal.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
A fair amount I suppose. I don't want to go crazy with spending but $9M won't kill me.

Gooksta

It was between vaughn and the guy i took.. i liked my guys bat more.. but vaughn is a great pick.. good enough bat.. great d and runs well.. great all around player

Wolfman21

Loved Billy. Best arm in the draft and only wants slot. Wolfman gave me the "impossible" to sign, so he was out.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If you made him a MR like Humprey he'd be better no doubt. Wolfman has the potential to be a solid starter too. I get if the impossible thing scared you off.

Wolfman21

Bean pole only has 2 pitches and he does just fine. Billy will be WBL ready in a year, year and a half with 2 70+ pitches. Wolfman could be a bust. I'll take the sure thing right now

osick87

Community Liaison
I probably wouldn't draft a guy who I could only put as a RP that early but I can understand it. Also I think last year had "Impossibles" not even entertain offers from the teams drafting him. That'd be enough to scare me off.

Wolfman21

I've got plenty of bats. I need elite pitching. Billy is that at slot price. I'd love to have wolfman, but he's too much of a risk

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Bean pole only has 2 pitches and he does just fine. Billy will be WBL ready in a year, year and a half with 2 70+ pitches. Wolfman could be a bust. I'll take the sure thing right now
He will do just fine as a reliever, he just doesn't have the upside to be a SP.

Lloyd Carr

Humphrey is a closer. No stamina and only three pitches.

He'll be a great closer though. But you already have Leduc, so I probably would have gone elsewhere. Maybe move Leduc to setup/MR and put Humphrey at CL. That could work.

Lloyd Carr

That's what I meant.

I was thinking three or more pitches = SP and two pitches = reliever, so I got my post mixed up.

Wolfman21

I know he's a closer. There aren't any starting pitchers in this draft. Wolfman COULD be, but 40 stamina is blech. I'm still happy. Back end of my bullpen could be really good in a year or 2