• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 WBL Draft Thread

Gooksta

This is a great draft for you to reload with.
Yeah alot of quality pieces out there.. i have my doubts on impact talent, but alot of good quality.. and some sleepers if im right about my theory on certain types of players developing beyond their shown projections

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah alot of quality pieces out there.. i have my doubts on impact talent, but alot of good quality.. and some sleepers if im right about my theory on certain types of players developing beyond their shown projections

Well you won't get a lot of impact talent outside of the top 15, but I'm guessing you'll get 3-4 starters out of this draft when you're back to being competitive. I'm glad you're hording draft picks too, watching your drafts is interesting since you evaluate differently than others.

osick87

Community Liaison
I like this draft. I'm getting a very good player (Likely Razor or White) at 3 and will likely get a good player again at 7. Last year's draft was pretty bad in comparison IMO

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
But what is the hold up? Just a heads up I'm leaving soon so the draft is going to grind to a classic Radford halt for lots of hours.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I like this draft. I'm getting a very good player (Likely Razor or White) at 3 and will likely get a good player again at 7. Last year's draft was pretty bad in comparison IMO

It will be White/Funk, Razor is becoming a Tulip

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Hold the phone. You're trading for the 1-1 overall, and you're taking Razor over Funk?

Yeah I can only go by the website since I don't have the game, Orlando thought I was crazy too. I don't think an extra 10 power is worth him DHing. Plus I have Bump. He is Henny Contrell as an 18 year old.

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah I can only go by the website since I don't have the game, Orlando thought I was crazy too. I don't think an extra 10 power is worth him DHing. Plus I have Bump. He is Henny Contrell as an 18 year old.

Lando thought you were crazy until I said I wanted him too in gchat.

It will be an interesting storyline.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Razor is a complete package.

Razor will hit .1 less than Funk, will hit 5-10 HR less than Funk and will be an all world 2B/LF/CF/RF and possibly an above average SS if he has time to learn them all.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Doyle Bennett is petty low on Razor. There is a huge disparity between OSA and what my scout thinks.

His stats scare me, which is why I wanted to see what John thought. Rad is pushing me though so I'll just see what happens. If he busts I can always tear down my squad and rebuild.

Lloyd Carr

Top is OSA, bottom is my scout. Those are potential ratings. He also has low WE/Int/desire to win. I'd reconsider.

osick87

Community Liaison
He'll hit more 2B and 3Bs though so I would venture to say their SLG will be similar.

osick87

Community Liaison
His stats scare me, which is why I wanted to see what John thought. Rad is pushing me though so I'll just see what happens. If he busts I can always tear down my squad and rebuild.

His 13:7 BB/K ratio is a little promising to the Eye and Avoid K ratings.

Lloyd Carr

Ha, I see Razor signed a minor league contract with Baton Rouge last year, and then was promptly released two months later.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Razor imo is the ultimate risk high upside/high bust potential pick

Which is perfect for a riverboat gambler like myself. Btw my 1-2 from last year (the real 1-2, not Roviva) has bust written all over him. He's dropped 10 points over movement and control.

Gooksta

Which is perfect for a riverboat gambler like myself. Btw my 1-2 from last year (the real 1-2, not Roviva) has bust written all over him. He's dropped 10 points over movement and control.
whats the pitchers name.. i wanna take a look at him

Lloyd Carr

Yeah, for what OU wants, Razor makes the most sense. Funk looks to have the better bat, but he'll be a shit outfielder.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Did not think you were crazy, I just love dat bat.