• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2043 WBL Season Thread (TRADE DEADLINE IS SUNDAY NIGHT)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I had a 4.8m bid for Tornado Brown… OU with another fleece of the league by getting him. Watch Brown hit 400 this year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Really was hoping nobody had anything higher than 5 or whatever I gave him. I like him more than Conner so he will be the DH

NML

I got an email about first year player negotiations, but I can't actually do them. Shouldn't be for a couple more sims, correct?

Wolfman21

Yeah, I got the same email @NML. I figured something was amiss because we haven't even finished the draft.

Also, Bart Scott for opening day tonight. Top 5 batters in my lineup all hit >.300 in the spring. A little sad that Volynov will be on the DL to start the season, but that doesn't hamper my excitement for the top 2/3 of my lineup.

NML

We had a decent spring. Ortiz played really well, which will probably decide how our season goes. Clinch and Paco both had under 2 FIPs.

But quite a few people had bad bats, Kim was bad, and we had a couple injuries (nothing serious).

Website predictions had us scoring the next to last amount of runs, but allowing 100 less than anyone else. Excited for the season.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I do too. Especially with brown in the mix as DH. Bought some cheap innings eaters so i didnt have to call up the broke ass pitchers i have in AAA too.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Amsterdam
Helsingborg
Moscow

Buffalo
FB
Austrailia

helsingborg
amsterdam

Buffalo
FB

Amsterdan
FB

Amsterdam

Lloyd Carr

My predictions are pretty similar to Orlando's.

I'd take out Moscow and throw in Istanbul. I'd also have Helsingborg and False Bay in the ship. Rooting for the South and saying False Bay wins it all.

I think Istanbul will get knocked out in the lambship, and I think I'll probably get knocked out in my series (what is it called again?) against False Bay. But I'd say that 2044 = Istanbul vs. Buffalo for the ship. I am calling it now.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think Buffalo is goin to have a break out year, but they won't beat either Austrailia or False Bay in a series.

Amsterdam is weaker, but again if they make the playoffs they win the whole thing.

Lloyd Carr

I think Buffalo is goin to have a break out year, but they won't beat either Austrailia or False Bay in a series.

Amsterdam is weaker, but again if they make the playoffs they win the whole thing.

If everyone stays healthy, I'd agree. I am still a piece or two short of really competing in the playoffs, but I think next year (or 2045) Buffalo will have a good shot.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If everyone stays healthy, I'd agree. I am still a piece or two short of really competing in the playoffs, but I think next year (or 2045) Buffalo will have a good shot.
I could see that. You need some help in the rotation. I don't know about your 2044 prediction though. I think Istanbul could make the playoffs, but the powers in the NL are exactly goin away.

Lloyd Carr

My 2044 rotation, as of now, looks like:

Chaves
Driscoll
Robles
Borrett
Haney/Martinez/Weinstein

On paper that's a solid rotation (not False Bay, Australia, Amsterdam, Helsingborg solid but decent enough to put me in contention) for a decent playoff push.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Amsterdam's isn't that solid at the moment tho. Who knows what Okada/Torres will do. Sophomore years are wacky sometimes.

doh

The Punchy addition to my rotation helps a lot. I also think Challen will bounce back (had a career 3.20 ERA before last year). I need Franco to pitch like he did and another solid year from Shulz. My #5 position I'm starting out with Ebussuud or however you spell it. As the year goes on I might try to upgrade there.

Lloyd Carr

wat?

Nico
Karpet
Okada
Torres
Soto

If you take Karpet out of the CL position and put him back in the rotation, your rotation is top notch. Just have to figure out your closing situation.

doh

Nichols/Kahl are not great ratings but will be great back end guys. Don't want them starting a playoff game but both are great for regular season. I'm shocked no one offered Nichols after how well he pitched for me but people just don't value solid regulars for some reason.

Lloyd Carr

Why would you use Kahl or Nichols instead of Karpet and Soto?

Throw Fabian at CL, Colomo up to setup, and throw Kahl or Nichols in the BP.

Edit: I mean, I guess I can see why you'd do it the way you are, but I'd do it differently.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Why would you use Kahl or Nichols instead of Karpet and Soto?

Throw Fabian at CL, Colomo up to setup, and throw Kahl or Nichols in the BP.

Edit: I mean, I guess I can see why you'd do it the way you are, but I'd do it differently.
Karpet will blow his arm by 30 if i keep starting him, he will break the saves record. He wants to close anyway.

Soto isnt even close to ready. He cant go 4 innings without letting 3 on. Granted i didnt check his last two weeks so maybe he turned it around but i think he and campbell need some more garlic salt before i throw them in the fire

jdlikewhoa

Fly by Night
Twinkle Toes
Rapeley
Shidabeddin
Na or Scotty the Angry Russian

SU - Abbudin
CL - Beanpole

:drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling:

If only I could smoothly get from my rotation to the back end of the pen.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It doesn't matter how "solid" your rotation is if you are a playoff team. You need 2 shut down guys who can win you a series. I don't see that in Buffalo right now.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Karpet will blow his arm by 30 if i keep starting him, he will break the saves record. He wants to close anyway.

Soto isnt even close to ready. He cant go 4 innings without letting 3 on. Granted i didnt check his last two weeks so maybe he turned it around but i think he and campbell need some more garlic salt before i throw them in the fire
Pitching was pretty bad in NL ST for what it's worth. So grain assault.

Lloyd Carr

Yeah, that's fair.

I personally think Soto is ready to be tossed into the WBL situation, but I can also see the argument for giving him a little bit more time. He just turned 21, and you've got other options, so it's not necessary for you to toss him in right away.

And I missed Karpet's stamina when I originally looked at him, as well as his expectation. Was basing my decision on his pitching ratings and his history as a SP in Amsterdam. I can understand the move now.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, that's fair.

I personally think Soto is ready to be tossed into the WBL situation, but I can also see the argument for giving him a little bit more time. He just turned 21, and you've got other options, so it's not necessary for you to toss him in right away.

And I missed Karpet's stamina when I originally looked at him, as well as his expectation. Was basing my decision on his pitching ratings and his history as a SP in Amsterdam. I can understand the move now.
I mean there are a few ways i could go right now, im really hoping he bumps his velocity one more mph tho. He does that and he's a poor man's wazir. I'd like to see him low 4s high 3s in AA before i move him up. He also could be a june or july call up.

Karpet probably wont blow his arm out, but i want dat saves record and he is the really the GOAT closer if he stays healthy. HOF material.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Shit ill give you nico and a bunch of other stuff for twinkle toes

Maybe he can start the auction thread