• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2043 WBL Season Thread (TRADE DEADLINE IS SUNDAY NIGHT)

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
If you think you don't need top end pitching help, you will end up in 4th or 5th again.

Kahl is filler. OU paid him $5.5m, not $4m. You can find someone serviceable on minimum.
$4m when he was a FA.

Wong led the league in ERA most of the year. Franco had a 2.98 or something last year in his first year as a SP. He had better peripherals this year. Schulz had a 3.27 this year. Romero had a 3.96 as a 20-year old who isn't close to filing out his potential. My problems right now are not rotation related.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You dont need great pitching. You need to give up less than 4 before your closer comes in and he needs to be a lights out game over type

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah it was genius to move Karpet to the bullpen and get Colomo and make him a RP too... I am hoping in a lesser sense to do that with Punchy Wong, Eric Sutton and maybe another guy converting them to RP. Sutton I think gave up 2 ER in 20 IP as a RP or something last time I checked. I was hoping last year to have Romero in the bullpen for a year but injuries forced him into the rotation.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Have one ace, one guy who hangs out on the DL and two average SPs. Where are my aces?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm comparing them to you, if I didn't have Karpet we wouldn't have been 4-1. He had 4 saves I think, so your team was pretty average pitching wise last year with Kasib having a monster year. You had a great pen though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Hell you don't even need average pitching.

Playoff SPs
Okada - 6, 6, 2, 1
Rat - 4, 4, 5
Kahl - 4, 7
Schmitt - 4, 3

So I had two, maybe 3 good performances through the playoffs if you count Schmitt going 6.1 with 3 ER

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
ERA+ of 100 is average. I think you need above average pitching, but not 4 aces unless you have a bad lineup or a great lineup. OU has a great lineup, so he doesn't need much more than Okada plus 4 warm bodies.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I really wish we would have stretched out playoffs over say 3 days instead of 1 day. I wanted to enjoy my wildcard series for a day. :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Likewise if you have a good lineup you only need above average pitching. There is a sliding scale. I need below average SP but a shut down closer to finish it out. That is why Borg is the best team on paper right now, they have 4 ace types (two legit HOFers) and a stacked lineup.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think you got lucky a bit this year, but Okada won't suck like that again. Rat and Scmidt are above average to me. Your lineup though probably doesn't need more than average pitching because they produce. My lineup on the other hand...

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think you got lucky a bit this year, but Okada won't suck like that again. Rat and Scmidt are above average to me. Your lineup though probably doesn't need more than average pitching because they produce. My lineup on the other hand...

I did get lucky, going my route means there is a lot of risk (also a big reason why wolf had no idea what he was typing last night).

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If you stay healthy it won't matter. You will have good pitching. You had te best pitching in the league in the regular season. Okada, Torres, Rat and Schmitt are about as good a 1-4 as you can get.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah Rat is really good. I'd rather have your 4, we can trade rotations if you want.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If he stays healthy, two long term injuries means he could come back fragile. I'm not saying that I will always rely on shit pitching and a great lineup, but that is what I had this year and it worked. I think a shit lineup with dominant pitching would work as well. I actually think that would be more fun.

Gooksta

When i played.. my teams weakness was the 4th starter.. my team could hang .. bit i always lost the game my 4th starter was in.. sucked..

Gooksta

U need 2 out of 3 imo

Great pitching
Great hitting
Great defense

Been proven that great pitching and defense makes it the easiest combo to win though

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah over the long haul hitting rules, but in a 5 or 7 game series they can go cold and you're boned