• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2043 Draft Thread

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
IgU4Y.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I planned on it last year. That team wasn't going anywhere.

I'd bet you'll be near there again before the league dies. Cycles and everything, plus the league looks like it may not die for a while. I'll be 1-1 at some point, but I'm planning on that.

Wolfman21

I'd bet you'll be near there again before the league dies. Cycles and everything, plus the league looks like it may not die for a while. I'll be 1-1 at some point, but I'm planning on that.

Hopefully by the time that happens, we'll forget about all this.

osick87

Community Liaison
quality over quantity. More doesn't equal better

Bold statement there. Having more selection isn't a bad thing. I try not to have more than 25-30 guys in any minor team so when a team gets over that I trim that fat. Too many guys doesn't allow me to get a accurate evaluation of guys. Getting the 100th pick likely isn't great but they are more likely to be a better player than the guy I pick and likely cut from rounds 10-15.

Wolfman21

lol, i must be much more bored this afternoon than you guys. Also shows how little the draft is thought of after the first couple rounds.

osick87

Community Liaison
I was also just trying to be a dick and name drop guys. The 100th draft pick was just a byproduct of that.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Bold statement there. Having more selection isn't a bad thing. I try not to have more than 25-30 guys in any minor team so when a team gets over that I trim that fat. Too many guys doesn't allow me to get a accurate evaluation of guys. Getting the 100th pick likely isn't great but they are more likely to be a better player than the guy I pick and likely cut from rounds 10-15.

It isn't bold it is the truth. Having a full set of minor league rosters are assets, doesn't mean you'll win anything. You need 15 good players and no injuries to contend, that's it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Im just bored and nitpicking today. I got plenty of sleep and am miserably tired at work

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah I believe it's new to 15. Had it happen last draft I think where I took some high school kid late on in the draft or something.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah it's likely a HS kid who has committed to college. Their demand is high, but just meet it.