• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2042 WBL Draft Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Fair enough. I'll look closer at the class then. Probably talked me out of trading my pick haha
Look at the ratings and how they translated to college stats. HS stats are basically worthless. OU explained it really well, a lot of ratings combo together to make a good player.

osick87

Community Liaison
I wouldn't say High School is useless but the competition is never Great so you have to take them with a grain assault. You can get a basis of what type of player they will be.

NML

Look at the ratings and how they translated to college stats. HS stats are basically worthless. OU explained it really well, a lot of ratings combo together to make a good player.

So how do you judge HS players?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

Yeah, some of these 1* players hit .330 against great competition in college, which is why I'd take some of them in the 1st.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

Blind luck. Usually just try my best to gauge their ratings and how they will grow together. Most HS that I pick are either in the 1st round or 4th and later though

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Follow ur dreams on their potential. Normally all you can tell from HS is if they have power or not and even that is hard to tell. Just look at ratings and remember they have a long time to develop an improve as well as a long time to not pan out.

Wolfman21

my first round pick last year is disappointing me. His contact potential has dropped down to a 45 :(. He is also only 19 though, so that has time to go back up.

osick87

Community Liaison

Let's use this guy as an example (He was the first guy who was 18)

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_10923.html

[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|673x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th=colspan:8}BATTING RATINGS (OSA){/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th} {/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th}Overall{/th}
{th}Vs Left{/th}
{th}Vs Right{/th}
{th}Pot.{/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_05.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_12.png
{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}55{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_08.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_15.png
{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Power{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_00.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_00.png
{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_03.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_07.png
{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Avoid K's{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_03.png
{/td}
{td}
rating_bar_18.png
{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}75{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|968x@]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=160x@}Year/Team/League{/th}
{th=30x@}Age{/th}
{th=30x@}G{/th}
{th=35x@}AB{/th}
{th=35x@}H{/th}
{th=30x@}2B{/th}
{th=30x@}3B{/th}
{th=30x@}HR{/th}
{th=35x@}RBI{/th}
{th=35x@}R{/th}
{th=35x@}BB{/th}
{th=30x@}HP{/th}
{th=30x@}SF{/th}
{th=35x@}K{/th}
{th=35x@}SB{/th}
{th=35x@}CS{/th}
{th=38x@}AVG{/th}
{th=38x@}OBP{/th}
{th=38x@}SLG{/th}
{th=38x@}OPS{/th}
{th=38x@}OPS+{/th}
{th=38x@}VORP{/th}
{th}WAR{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}2042 Total - HS{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}102{/td}
{td}51{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}46{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}.500{/td}
{td}.514{/td}
{td}.706{/td}
{td}1.219{/td}
{td}100{/td}
{td}0.0{/td}
{td}0.0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Such a small amount of games will never be able to give you a great stats outlook. The fact that he struck out more than walked makes me think his Eye rating will never be good. 7 Ks in 102 ABS seems pretty good so maybe he does get to 70 but I mean it is against Average at best competition (I think I've seen 1 HSer with good competition) so it's tough to tell. 16 XBHs makes me think the gap potential is definitely there.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts @fignuts

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I PM'd him earlier too, so he should be getting the memo as soon as he logs in

osick87

Community Liaison
[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Ottomans{/td}
{td=right}SP Pedro Ramirez{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Bulls{/td}
{td=right}2B Laoghaire Geeves{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Tutankhamuns{/td}
{td=right}RF Larry Shaffer{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}Saints{/td}
{td=right}CF Besim Inonu*{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}Gauchos{/td}
{td=right}SP Dani Sanchez{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Bomber Bears{/td}
{td=right}Pick due by Thursday at 8:00 pm{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
It was between Sanchez and Woman Beater. Picked the pitcher with 5 potential 55+ pitches. @Rutgers Mike is up.

Found out that the lead singer of Barenaked Ladies was kicked out due to cocaine years ago. Means they didn't play this song

Wolfman21

I love Kenney's fielding and baserunning skills...not enamored with his bat though. Very solid pickup however that will be starter level or at worst, an extremely solid backup infielder. You can never put too high of a price tag on defense though. This guy reminds me of my stud Kuemon Kiyomizu.

Also, @osick87 got the steal of the round so far getting Ping at #5.

Last edited: