• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2042 WBL Draft Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Despite yankee's wailing, I am very happy to have 3 firsts in this draft. Will package the 15/16 to move up if anybody wants another one.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Looking to package my 3rd, two 4ths to move into the 2nd most likely. Or could use those + my 2nd (#26) to move up in the 2nd depending on who is left.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

I hope he works out for you, certianly has a higher ceiling than my guy but I had to go with the safer pick. Everything goes as planned I have 4 Aces with Rowe, Campbell, Duarte and Pedro. Even right now Pedro could probably be my #5.

Also Neandtherthal had low work ethic.

Wolfman21

He's WBL above average at three different positions with the potential to hit very well. Maybe he works out, maybe he doesn't. At #2, and with my farm system, I had to go with BPA. He was that.

jdlikewhoa

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He's WBL above average at three different positions with the potential to hit very well. Maybe he works out, maybe he doesn't. At #2, and with my farm system, I had to go with BPA. He was that.
It is a great pick. He can also be a #2 SP if you really wanted to give up that bat. I wouldn't tho

Wolfman21

I just noticed that he had 70 defense at pitcher. I don't even know what his pitching ratings are...I didn't notice it this morning when I made the pick, hahahaha.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I just noticed that he had 70 defense at pitcher. I don't even know what his pitching ratings are...I didn't notice it this morning when I made the pick, hahahaha.

They are good, I can't remember off the top of my head what the scout says.

Gooksta

Well... Called in sick today.. now, work on a new formula for my draft spreadsheet muah ha ha haha

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Rat was the second best player available in my mind, so that wasn't a terrible pick. You just said you needed a bat and then passed on a very good one. Kabul got a great player.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm lolling at people thinking this draft class is terrible, gimme ur picks!

NML

I wonder if you invest as much into amateur scouting as I do.

Send me a PM with some guys you want to move/would consider/an offer. I'm gonna load up the laptop now

NML

I'm also kind of losing interest in the draft because I've become so stats-based. So I can see the star ratings on these guys, but how much does that matter? So even though I don't see a single 4* other than Wolf's pick, does that mean they won't play that well? I think draft based on college/HS stats is a recipe for disaster

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm also kind of losing interest in the draft because I've become so stats-based. So I can see the star ratings on these guys, but how much does that matter? So even though I don't see a single 4* other than Wolf's pick, does that mean they won't play that well? I think draft based on college/HS stats is a recipe for disaster

Stars mean about as much as their height and weight. Stats and how their ratings are built are what matter. All 50 contact guys are not the same, and the prospects usually grow so you can anticipate what ratings might jump as they age.

Anyway when it gets to your pick we can talk

NML

Fair enough. I'll look closer at the class then. Probably talked me out of trading my pick haha

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Fair enough. I'll look closer at the class then. Probably talked me out of trading my pick haha

Good, you should be talked out of it. There are a lot of gems in these drafts but people see stars and think they are terrible. You have to remember some of these players aren't really 55 potential or whatever, they can grow past that.

What I look for is a guy who has at least one good (55/60) attribute. Take Weber from last year, Quale took a chance on a power hitter that couldn't make contact. He's up to a 50 contact now.