• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2042 Hot Stove

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
@OU11 Uhh, I thought I'd have a day to resign people after the season ended. I checked in yesterday and it was the playoffs.

Just set Dublin to available, I can't keep up with this pace with work and life going on.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Actually @OU11 set it to CPU controlled and I'll check in in 2 weeks or so once work has calmed down a little.

I don't think I've exported in over a week so yeah. Can't deal with an offseason.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@OU11 Uhh, I thought I'd have a day to resign people after the season ended. I checked in yesterday and it was the playoffs.

Just set Dublin to available, I can't keep up with this pace with work and life going on.
That is today fool, thats why i @ you saying today is that day

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I literally don't think I can because of my budget. He wants 17 mil a year and I can't clear that in the first three years.

osick87

Community Liaison
What are the rules about extending a certain 18 yr old who may or may not be my best middle infielder?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
ARB CONTRACTS

All pre-arbitration extensions must be at least 80% of the player's arbitration estimate at the time of signing.

Example:
Player's arbitration estimate for 2023: $5 milliom
Correctly structured contract extension: 2023 $4m, 2024 $4m, 2025 $4m or 2023 $3m, 2024 $4m, 2025 $5m
Incorrectly structured contract extension: 2023 $1m, 2024 $1m, 2025 $1m

Contracts will be reviewed and altered to meet the minimum 80%

If a player has gone through an arbitration hearing, the buyout of each future arbitration eligible year must be equal to or greater than the amount awarded to the player.

Example:
Player was awarded $7 million in arbitration in 2022
Correctly structured contract extension: 2023 $7m, 2024 $7m, 2025 $7m
Incorrectly structured contract extension: 2023 $6m, 2024 $7m, 2025 $8m or 2023 $4m, 2024 $5m, 2025 $6m

Contracts will be reviewed and altered to equal arbitration award

osick87

Community Liaison
So bring him up and see what he was going to get in Arbitration?

My owner gave me 35 million for extensions. I don't have anybody worth extending that I haven't already.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I dont know how it would work with Garce. You may have a hard time signing him to a deal you like.

I have like $75m for extensions :laughing:

osick87

Community Liaison
I am trying to sign a few guys so I don't have to bring him up.

Plummer may end up getting called up. How'd Brun do for you @Orlando.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He didn't pitch much but he didn't give up any runs. He had more walks than Ks though. Unfortunately I had to let him walk because he was out of options and I didn't want to spend the $2.5m he was going to get in arb. I don't like a fringe guy on my roster not to have options left.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Be cool to see how Plummer's ugly mug does though. He has enough bat for a WBL roster I think.

Wolfman21

yea, neither of them are that great. Last year was much better overall in both.

Seems like almost every player has a flaw that makes you pump the brakes before getting excited about them. There were multiple guys last year that were easy to fall in love with.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Owner wouldn't approve the Rapley stuff.

What's interesting is I tried to do some ridiculously structured contracts that probably would have been voided anyway like 4-4-25-30-30 and my owner told me to restructure them to be more evenly distributed.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Young catcher Rudi Weigl is available. He could turn out to be decent.

I'm also looking to offload Merklein. I'm not sure what his deal is- the talent is there, he has decent intangibles, but just hasn't performed for me. Maybe it's the ballpark? Who knows, but if he takes off for someone he could be a reel player.

I'm looking for infield backups, middling relief pitching, and someone who can play cf for a season.

NML

We doing two days at a time? It seemed to move slow last time, if I remember correctly