• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2042 Hot Stove

NML

Looking for an ace, but I'll probably hold off until free agency since there will be a handful. Need to rebuild the bullpen - including an elite closer. And need a RF who smashes lefties.

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Hope you guys are careful signing morreno, not everybody ages like caine

NML

I was definitely interested in brining Caine back, even though he'll be 40 next year. He was a workhorse at the top of the rotation. Unfortunately he wanted 3/69, and I wasn't going to do more than 1+TM and try and stay under $20m. Maybe I should've made an offer, but I'd prefer to get a younger guy in here.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think kim is really the only guy id go after out there as a good SP. He's young enough a 4 year deal wont kill you but for maybe one year. Caine could loosen up his request after the long advance tho so you could bring him back

NML

Plenty of guys are pitching well into their late 30s. Killian was 43 this year I think and had like a 3.5.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Plenty of guys are pitching well into their late 30s. Killian was 43 this year I think and had like a 3.5.
Yeah nobody remembers the guys who fall off. Like i said i hope he's a caine

Its just not in my philosophy to take risks like that tho. Id trade for a younger guy and im not saying this cause im dealing dino and wong

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Looking for an ace, but I'll probably hold off until free agency since there will be a handful. Need to rebuild the bullpen - including an elite closer. And need a RF who smashes righties.
Gomes? Dude kills righties.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Holy shit, gooksta refuses to win a trade or even sniff victory.

Sim schedule is tonight we go to FA/IFA.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I thought we jumped forward further in one sim last time. Whenever they FAs are more realistic on their demands haha.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Website is up.... for me at least.

Cut everybody you don't want on your team on minimums.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
3B is easily the thinnest position in the league. I'd probably move doodles if anyone is interested.

NML

I've had Skates and Birdal under big contracts since I took over the team, I think they both finally expire this year, but they are coming off solid years.

Might have to actually look at other players for the left side of the infield.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
The trade values in this league always amaze me. A league average SP making $6m needs a 3rd rounder attached to get moved.

As I was saying in this thread (or another) earlier the place to exploit the market is getting league average or above average players.

doh

3rd rounder for 6M? Next time you need to dump I'll do it for a 4th
Plus the guy is usesful too. He isn't like some dude you can't use. He's a great #5 SP who gives you a chance to win every fifth turn.

Hidden fleeces like this are what build teams long term…

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Gooksta goes from wanting me to trade Gomes for him to giving him away and attaching a draft pick. The value is all tied to each specific person.

doh

Gooksta goes from wanting me to trade Gomes for him to giving him away and attaching a draft pick. The value is all tied to each specific person.
Yes of course but there is a league wide baseline for this specific type of trade IMO in terms of you want to dump X amount of salary then you must attach X type of pick. The thing I'm saying is usually the guys who you attach a pick with are useless and just salary (i.e. Oort trade for me this year although I got Lee back who I value).

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
What is the baseline? I haven't seen one. Salary dumps are all over the place.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yes of course but there is a league wide baseline for this specific type of trade IMO in terms of you want to dump X amount of salary then you must attach X type of pick. The thing I'm saying is usually the guys who you attach a pick with are useless and just salary (i.e. Oort trade for me this year although I got Lee back who I value).

There is no baseline, there are 15 different ideas of what salary dumps should be valued at. This is what I keep trying to knock into you guys who keep bitching about the market. There is no single market and if you are trying to create one in your head you will pull your hair out. An ace is only worth as much as a single owner is willing to pay.

Wong is worth zero dollars right now. In a few days when the SPs are picked clean the havenots will want him more.

NML

Gook has been offering Farias around for quite a while and, I'm guessing, no one answered the call. It's easy to say now "oh what a fleece" but this offer was available to everyone for a while and he couldn't move him. I happen to have a ton of cap space so it was easy for me to take him - plus a third isn't a big asset, I don't value them much at all.

NML

But I agree with Lando and OU

As I mentioned in the other thread, I got Ryan Conner (7th best WAR last year) for a 2nd last year and Henry Brown (3rd best WAR) and Bob Nichols (solid 3rd starter) for nothing the year before. But then you've got Lando getting two first and a catcher prospect for a similar level player. You just never know how bad people need to move $$$

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Gook has been offering Farias around for quite a while and, I'm guessing, no one answered the call. It's easy to say now "oh what a fleece" but this offer was available to everyone for a while and he couldn't move him. I happen to have a ton of cap space so it was easy for me to take him - plus a third isn't a big asset, I don't value them much at all.

Yeah it is my fault I didn't get a 4th instead of you getting a 3rd. I didn't check in on it fast enough

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
But I agree with Lando and OU

As I mentioned in the other thread, I got Ryan Conner (7th best WAR last year) for a 2nd last year and Henry Brown (3rd best WAR) and Bob Nichols (solid 3rd starter) for nothing the year before. But then you've got Lando getting two first and a catcher prospect for a similar level player. You just never know how bad people need to move $$$

I was surprised he did so well this year-that big drop off in avg spooked me. I also wanted that $17,000,000 off the books with Carrier coming up.

NML

I was surprised he did so well this year-that big drop off in avg spooked me. I also wanted that $17,000,000 off the books with Carrier coming up.

Me too. I figured I was getting an above average first baseman who wouldn't miss a game and was solid in the field. He improved his walks and homers a lot from the previous year, even if the average didn't come back.

doh

I was very interested in him but wanted to see how the FA market shook out first.