• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2041 WBL Draft Thread (8 Hour Time Limit)

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
OU already day drunk

I also liked Bell more than the guy OU took, but not by much.

osick87

Community Liaison
I liked Bell more because he was a cheaper signing and I thought he may possibly fall to me

osick87

Community Liaison
They were both equal to me but Haamid has 20 more potential contact for my scout. Also Haamid is demanding 3 mil more

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The two most important things for me are contact and power from the DH. Haamid fills that better, but if you're using them as catchers scotty2hotty might be a tad better

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Bell with the tendency to have a higher BABIP over Haamid.

Side bar question: Will we introduce feeder leagues (college/HS) once switching to 15?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Bell with the tendency to have a higher BABIP over Haamid.

Side bar question: Will we introduce feeder leagues (college/HS) once switching to 15?

Probably not unless file size is okay. Probably will need to do some testing

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also yeah with his high Ks that means his BABIP will be much lower than Haamid's. Haamid will have a much higher one because he doesn't have avoid K's propping up his contact rating.

osick87

Community Liaison
That's probably the biggest personal preference when it comes to hitter ratings.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's probably the biggest personal preference when it comes to hitter ratings.

I actually usually go the other way. When testing offline I've found BABIP is the rating that rises the most as players develop, you either have the others or you dont. I'm hoping Haamid's keeps going up and he ends up hitting .330 while belting out 45+

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think my scout had Haamid at about 50 contact and 65 Power. Eye and Ks were really low. My scout hates this draft for the most part though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think my scout had Haamid at about 50 contact and 65 Power. Eye and Ks were really low. My scout hates this draft for the most part though.
He is 65/65 for me. He sucks at everything else tho haha

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Thats not what it means in the game if he reaches potential. It means he will hit for average like DLS and hit 40-45 HRs

osick87

Community Liaison
[xtable=462x85]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Contact{/td}
{td}Gap{/td}
{td}HR{/td}
{td}Eye{/td}
{td}K's{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}40/65{/td}
{td}35/50{/td}
{td}30/70{/td}
{td}30/50{/td}
{td}20/40{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Wolfman21

for me, Hamid was 65/55/65/40/40

Dudes gonna strikeout a shit ton and not walk much. I expect him to be a .300 with like a .330 OBP hitting 35-40 homers. .900-.950 OPS as ceiling.

osick87

Community Liaison
High Avoid K is basically Edwin Encarnacion (few K's, lower BABIP) vs Chris Davis

Lloyd Carr

Thats OSA scouting. If you go by their stuff, Haamid looks alot better than what my scout says.

You're right, good call. I thought I was looking at my scout's report.

My scout has him at 60/45/60/45/45 and projecting him to "go places" as a .310 hitter.

osick87

Community Liaison
Project what my guy will be...ol Chekomasov. What do you think is his ceiling?

He can play a lot of places and has a above average bat. His Pot eye Power combo are what made me want him. He is young so you can make those positions average or better by the time he hits the big club. That's what I was going to do with him. He's slow but has good IF range. He was probably going to 3B or 2B if his SS Defence was really bad. At 6 feet, he's more suited for 3B.

Can't really think of a guy like that. Maybe less defensive better offensive Zobrist

osick87

Community Liaison
I scouted a lot last night and made notes on guys. Took Fridays off during the summer.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Is Chavez good? Lloyd prob should have gotten the package for just a first, but it's not an awful deal.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Why not sim now?
KRISTEN_STEWART_YES.gif