• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2041 WBL Draft Thread (8 Hour Time Limit)

jdlikewhoa

@Mr. Radpants

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

osick87

Community Liaison
[xtable=skin1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
Gauchos{/td}
{td=right}C Ryan Wheeler{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}62{/td}
{td}Saints{/td}
{td=right}SS Joe Bryant*{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}63{/td}
{td}Bomber Bears{/td}
{td=right}SS Kirana Alatas*{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}64{/td}
{td}Mules{/td}
{td=right}C Alfie Ericksson*{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}65{/td}
{td}Tulips{/td}
{td=right}SS Mario Cruz{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}66{/td}
{td}Pac Men{/td}
{td=right}Pick due by Saturday at 12:00 pm{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}67{/td}
{td}Tulips{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
and the AI takes every SS I had my eyes on.

@doh

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Damn OU got Williams who I was going to trade my 5th this year and next to whoever would let me move up to get him. A catcher who slugged .500 against great comp as the last pick in the fourth round? LAWD

Lloyd Carr

Can we start making lists and putting it on auto draft if your pick is in the next few and you know you're gonna be away from the computer all day? I mean if you are pick 10 and we are on 1 I can understand. But if you are pick 4 or 5...make a list of the 5 guys you want and in what order and put it on auto until you get to where you can make the pick.

just an opinion that would speed things up

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Can we start making lists and putting it on auto draft if your pick is in the next few and you know you're gonna be away from the computer all day? I mean if you are pick 10 and we are on 1 I can understand. But if you are pick 4 or 5...make a list of the 5 guys you want and in what order and put it on auto until you get to where you can make the pick.

Like I told wolfy, that's a battle you won't win

Lloyd Carr

Ha, I don't care about lists. I was poking fun at Wolfman (my post was a direct copy of his from a page back), since we're waiting on him.

Even if everyone did make a list, Karl is spot on with the fact that you could have a list, but if everyone takes your players, we'll still end up waiting. Just pick when you can, but the faster the better.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ha, I don't care about lists. I was poking fun at Wolfman (my post was a direct copy of his from a page back), since we're waiting on him.

I thought it might have been after I submitted, just woke up from my nap and am groggy

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
This draft is moving pretty well actually. Also helps that we learned how to fix it.

jdlikewhoa

Wolfman21

difference is, you have to wait 2 hours on me, not 8. I never said I minded waiting. If you read the whole post, and all of the posts in that thread from me, I stated that if you know you're gonna be away from the computer all day and not be able to make a pick, then make a list. When I went to bed this morning(I work night shift), we were about 15 picks away from me. But continue bashing. @Karl Hungus

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Wolfman21 people just giving you a hard time. Don't get mad. You get 8 hours to pick. Most people don't take that long, but if you some reason you do it is not the end of the world. Real life man.

osick87

Community Liaison
[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}77{/td}
{td}Gauchos{/td}
{td=right}2B Loeck Hoekstra{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}78{/td}
{td}Saints{/td}
{td=right}SS Dustin Lynch*{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}79{/td}
{td}Bomber Bears{/td}
{td=right}SS Broderick Shaffer*{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}80{/td}
{td}Mules{/td}
{td=right}SS Charles Saeed*{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}81{/td}
{td}Flying Whites{/td}
{td=right}MR Justin Stone{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

@doh

Wolfman21

Oh I'm not mad. Just sticking up for the actual point that I was trying to make. Thats all. As I said...I don't care about waiting an hour, two hours, 3 hours. My original point was that if you know your pick is coming up in the next few picks, and you know you're not going to be around all day to the point that you're gonna miss your pick, more than likely, by alot of time...set up a list and auto draft. I knew today that I would be around and when I fell asleep this morning, there was like 14 or 15 picks until my next pick which if you'll go back and read my original post about this, I said I could understand that. But reading comprehension is a skill that not many posess when they would rather try and make a funny I guess.

Nonetheless, I think the draft, overall, is moving at a good pace. Can't wait for Spring Training to start up tonight and have all of my pitchers with 6.0+ ERA's and my hitters all humping the mendoza line.

Wolfman21

slowly running out of any position players that show any kind of potential. Still a few pitchers that could be useful.

Lloyd Carr

I'll have to check him out in OOTP in the morning to see more in depth information. I made a list before I went out and he was the last guy still on it, and he had better website ratings than the other pitchers available, so I went with him.

I haven't looked at any players on OOTP since my pick in the second round:laughing:

osick87

Community Liaison
He'll get you Ks and won't walk too many if he gets his potential. His problem will be fly balls so hopefully you don't have a band box.

Wolfman21

Yeah...There wasn't really anyone that blew my socks off. I like his website ratings. Not sure what my scout is gonna say. At worst he would be a good pinch runner.

Lloyd Carr

not sure what your scout says, but id have him slotted for relief.

No idea what my scout says either. I am going to bed and dont feel like messing around with logging into OOTP.

I went back and looked and the website gives him 40 stamina which is enough to warrant starting in the minors, but I think youre right. I'll probably see how he pans out as a relief guy.

osick87

Community Liaison
I'd start him. Hypothetically his 45 fastball might be fine with his 70 control. I guess just check his flyball ratio and homerun numbers.