• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 5 Thread - Nutshell

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I think that if Deion wants to have the spotlight on his team because that's what gets him in a zone and he thinks is the best way to have his team perform, that's fine. If he wants to drag other teams into it when they don't want it... that's crossing the line.

Most coaches(and I think to some extent if I was a coach this would be me) don't really care for or need that kind of extra attention. And some probably want to push it back the other way.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Obviously beating a team you’re favored by 21 against isn’t an amazing accomplishment but the media circus in the aftermath of the game has been absolutely bonkers. I’ll let it go now lol.

Lightningwar

Administrator
The shit talking from Colorado is amusing. The week before Travis Hunter was shit talking to CSU pre-game. Then he had his splean ruptured and has to sit out a month. Oregon looked especially motivated to humiliate Colorado last weekend. They came out and played football and just embarrassed that team.

I get the feeling other quality teams will also send a message.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I think that if Deion wants to have the spotlight on his team because that's what gets him in a zone and he thinks is the best way to have his team perform, that's fine. If he wants to drag other teams into it when they don't want it... that's crossing the line.

Most coaches(and I think to some extent if I was a coach this would be me) don't really care for or need that kind of extra attention. And some probably want to push it back the other way.
Yes the purveyors of BOBOARDS don't want extra attention lol

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Also, there's a difference between putting up billboards and not so subtly saying that the only reason people don't like you is because you're black. One of those is to sway voters, the other is a whole different can of worms.

coogrfan

We chase misprinted lies
We face the path of time
And yet I fight
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

The last week of September has arrived and we're heading into Week 5 as GAMEDAY for the first time ever is heading to Durham as Duke hosts Notre Dame. The Ryder Cup starts Thursday as the event will be held in Rome. How about Utah going to Corvallis on Friday night? TGIF indeed, bros. Keep on rocking in the free world.

Notable matchups:
#10 Utah at #19 Oregon State, 6:00 PT - FS1 (Friday)
#8 Southern California at Colorado, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
#6 Penn State at Northwestern, 9:00 AM PT - BIG TEN NET
#22 Florida at Kentucky, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN
#1 Georgia at Auburn, 12:30 PT - CBS
#2 Michigan at Nebraska, 12:30 PT - FOX
#24 Kansas at #3 Texas, 12:30 PT - ABC
#13 LSU at #20 Ole Miss, 3:00 PT - ESPN
#9 Oregon at Stanford, 3:30 PT - PAC-12 NET
Iowa State at #14 Oklahoma, 4:00 PT - FS1
#11 Notre Dame at Duke, 4:30 PT - ABC
South Carolina at #21 Tennessee, 4:30 PT - SEC NET
Michigan State at Iowa, 4:30 PT - NBC
#7 Washington at Arizona, 7:00 PT - PAC-12 NET

Jacksonville State at Sam Houston, 5:00 PT - ESPNU (Thursday)

Mame YO

slings rocks
I really like this dude that makes these. If you had told me before the season that Oregon would have one of the better pass defenses in the nation through 4 weeks while still having a shitty run defense I wouldn’t believe you. The offensive profile looks more or less right though.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
“I honestly felt that Notre Dame was a better football team and more physical, and I’m sorry that Coach Day was offended by it, and I hope he goes on and has a wonderful year,” Holtz said. “I don’t think they’ll be a great football team. I really don’t. I felt Notre Dame won the football game.”

Lou Holtz on Ryan Day's postgame comments: 'I don’t think they’re a great football team, and he can go after me all he wants'

baseballyankeefans.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
there's no way a student wears those rural rapist sunglasses

CJ_24

Surprising no one, this is actually the wrong answer.
If you had an opportunity to play Torrey Pines for the first time, you'd pick the North Course instead of the course that's hosted multiple US Opens? I know architect aficionados have issues with the South course layout, but why would you choose to not play the course that's hosted multiple majors?