• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 12 Thread - Blink Wave

Mame YO

slings rocks
This goes back to my analogy of recruiting as being like BMI. On a broad scale it’s predictive. Your argument seems to be that DeBoer is going to find diamonds in the rough and DEVELOP 3* guys forever but that just isn’t a sustainable model. You can close a small gap doing that but over a long enough time frame CROOT CORCH is going to have better players. That’s why Georgia is so dominant. Kirby gets like 20 5* players every year lol. You can’t say that doesn’t matter.

and sure you can rely on transfer portal to an extent but there aren’t enough offensive linemen in the portal, for example. You can get athletes like that but you need to recruit and develop the core of your lines.

Brick

oregon isnt georgia and never will be. oregon was a lot better than they are now for like 10 years and they did a fine developing lower star receivers and basically lived off JUCO rbs until they got jstew. u have crootin brain.

Mame YO

slings rocks
if you think the Lanning led ducks is the same as cristobal’s teams, ur wrong.

And yes Washington has access to the portal but as I just explained you can’t rely on the portal for your lines. OL is the scarcest position in the transfer portal. Ask corch PRIME.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It’s also wierd to me that Washington is undefeated and has basically zero hype from CROOTS anyway. Their current class is ranked 39th. Worse than CHIP’s classes

Brick

And yes Washington has access to the portal but as I just explained you can’t rely on the portal for your lines. OL is the scarcest position in the transfer portal. Ask corch PRIME.
oh yeah, a team that was historically gutted from top to bottom is a great comparison

Brick

It’s also wierd to me that Washington is undefeated and has basically zero hype from CROOTS anyway. Their current class is ranked 39th. Worse than CHIP’s classes
you mean that classes that finished in the actual top 10 for 7 consecutive seasons? and you think this is an insult? lmao

Mame YO

slings rocks
Idk man I just think it’s wild that you look at those two depth charts, incoming classes and go “UW set up better long term” that has to be the most contrarian take of all time. Me being an Oregon homer aside it’s just way out of pocket imo. Lots of hoping and wishing.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Again, I’m not just looking at shiny stars. A bunch of those kids are already playing lol. Matteo is a future 1st round draft pick. For UW you’re basically just hoping they land a bunch of transfers, hit on most of them, and that most of their young guys develop beyond what they’re forecasted to do. I mean, sure, it’s entirely possible but that’s a bold strategy to rely on that as your forecast.

Brick

deboer took over a 4-8 team and has won 18 straight games with two great players and a roster of shit. ur words. he has never had a full season worse than 9-3 as head coach. he won three national championships.

if u want to project the future of the programs based on your eye test and crootin stars, coached by a guy who is younger than you, who is 0-3 in rivalry games and doesn't have a single significant win to his name, by all means, go fucking nuts.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Every corch on the planet agrees that you need CROOTS the only person that doesn’t understand that is you lol

Mame YO

slings rocks
I used to shit on Sark all the time, he goes to Tejas and gets some croots, beats bama, etc.

I think you’ve overcorrected for the CROOT corches and are missing a key point about the importance of players. I don’t really think we’re that far off tbh. If you’re betting on corches to win with BARE CUPBOARD every year you’re gon’ be disappointed over the long term. That’s what I’m saying. I think Lanning has shown a lot of promise as a corch and also a recruiter. He’s laid a foundation. DeBoer is a good corch but he has not laid a foundation.

Brick

you strike out with each subsequent example. lmao. sark has coached at washington, usc, and texas and has a career 69-48 record. he will never be successful. lmao

Mame YO

slings rocks
I mean, it’s in my rational self interest to shit on Texas right now and there is a lot of ammo to do that with but there they are, 1 loss with a win over bama.

Brick

blind squirrel, nut. he has a terrible record at schools who can handpick their roster and the big xii is fucking awful. the best team he ever coached finished fucking 20th.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I think there is something to be said about some of these corches actually improving in general but also, top 5-6-7 recruiting classes help A LOT which is why Sark works for my argument. Texas gets talent and this dude that we have all made fun of for years is winning. Yes his conference blows. I agree with all the criticisms. Can’t deny the results though.

Brick

he has coached for 10 years at powerhouse programs only and has never had a good team. what the fuck are you talking about.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Leech was at TT, WSU, MSU are you still talkin’ sark

Washington was not a top progrum when he was corching there. He was at usc for 2 years and had two really good classes but I just looked and I literally don’t know who any of those kids are lol. I guess getting a #1 CROOT class and getting fired that same year doesn’t really help much does it?

Mame YO

slings rocks
that is the point. he wouldnt get hired, because he has a reputation of NOT CROOTIN. that is the entire point.
I mean, you asked for good corches that didn’t get croots

There are a lot of them!

DeBoer is either about to be one of them, or he is going to take the aTm jerb. I don’t want to SOURCEZ at you but there are some credible rumors about that.

Brick

you gave me kiffin and sark who are the exact opposite and havent won anything in a combined like 20 years of coaching.

deboer has already accomplished more than them in year 2 at UW.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Kiffin is an improved corch that has hit a wall because he corches ole miss in the same conference as Saban and Smart who have loaded rosters. Sark has had good classes but never got to actually do anything with them as a head corch previously.

There are corches like CHIP who don’t like to CROOT who would crush it a place like Florida (@GR8 2 B FL G8R ).

When Kirby beat Lanning he said they have better players. When Kirby beat kiffin kiffin said they needed better players. Everybody knows it except you @Brick

Mame YO

slings rocks
All of this to say: DeBoer is an excellent corch. He really is. Tons of experience. Elite game day guy. But if he can’t get a talent pipeline to UW he is not going to succeed long term. Maybe if they’re willing to take some bad years with the good he will be one of those guys that has rebuilding years and then some runs, but generally you don’t get that in modern college football.

From that perspective, Lanning is better positioned. He has built an actual foundation of talent that isn’t literally just a QB and a few NFL WRs. That’s just going to be more sustainable long term. Idk why this is so controversial lol, it’s considered more or less conventional wisdom outside of utopia.

Brick

hugh freeze had no problem beating bama and uga. kiffin just sucks.

you are pimping for coaches with 20 years of experience at major programs who have never done anything because they HIT A WALL. maybe they just arent good coaches.

Brick

All of this to say: DeBoer is an excellent corch. He really is. Tons of experience. Elite game day guy. But if he can’t get a talent pipeline to UW he is not going to succeed long term. Maybe if they’re willing to take some bad years with the good he will be one of those guys that has rebuilding years and then some runs, but generally you don’t get that in modern college football.
based on what precedent

Mame YO

slings rocks
based on what precedent
it’s okay, we have time.

Based on what precedent? Every team thinks they should be winning 10 games annually or they fire their corch. Even teams that only ever have a history of winning 7-8 games a year like UCLA.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
hugh freeze had no problem beating bama and uga. kiffin just sucks.

you are pimping for coaches with 20 years of experience at major programs who have never done anything because they HIT A WALL. maybe they just arent good coaches.
Now, Freeze can't beat Jerry Kill and NMSU.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Idk man when I watch ball it’s pretty clear usually if there is a talent imbalance. If you can’t *see* that when you’re watching what are you watching

Brick

it’s okay, we have time.

Based on what precedent? Every team thinks they should be winning 10 games annually or they fire their corch. Even teams that only ever have a history of winning 7-8 games a year like UCLA.
what about 10 wins once every 10 years. because that is sark.

Mame YO

slings rocks
He’s only been a head corch at two schools doe before tejas and one of them was mostly just happy if they got a bowl game (Washington lol). USC was the only school that fits the label you’re putting on him and he only had 2 years to CROOT before he got canned. Idk I’m not really interested in getting backed into defending the guy but maybe he could’ve done something with those two classes if he got to stay long enough to, you know, actually use those players.