• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 12 Thread - Blink Wave

bruin

Hey, you said
I’m sorry but I just got filled with dread
I’m haunted by the voice inside my head
And on and on
This broken heart will carry on

How are we doing, bros? I'm sitting here just after that thrilling 4-4 match between City and Chelsea. Another wasted year for UCLA Football. Story of my life. Anyway, GAMEDAY is heading to JAMES Madison with a live performance from The Jonas Bros. I know, I can't tell you who they are playing either. How's it not in Corvallis? It's mid November, College Hoops is here and many people are having their FRIENDSgivings. We continue to rock on in the free world.

Notable matchups:
Toledo at Bowling Green, 4:00 PT - ESPN 2 (Tuesday)
Boston College at Pitt, 4:00 PT - ESPN (Thursday)
Colorado at Washington State, 7:30 PT - FS1 (Friday)
Michigan at Maryland, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
Louisville at Miami, 9:00 AM PT - ABC
Georgia at Tennessee, 12:30 PT - CBS
UCLA at USC, 12:30 PT - ABC
Oregon at Arizona State, 1:00 PT - FOX
Minnesota at Ohio State, 1:00 PT - BIG TEN NETWORK
Cal at Stanford, 3:30 PT - PAC 12 NET
Kansas State at Kansas, 4:00 PT - FS1
Washington at Oregon State, 4:30 PT - ABC
Texas at Iowa State, 5:00 PT - FOX

1699816259793.jpeg
r28094_1296x729_16-9.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

F9ISsF3boAAlWte.jpg

BsstGVyCcAAs_pM.jpg:large

a989a87c-bc2b-4206-bb12-bfb59d1987ef-101122_Apple_Holidays_Festive_Family_Fare_Big_Image_04_big_image_post.jpg.large.jpg

1785825.jpg

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
This whole incident is even worse than I remembered. None of the people involved should ever be allowed to coach or work with kids ever again (they all are).

Mame YO

slings rocks
gotta raise those boys in eugene at all costs. lol
1000% one of the biggest downsides to UO is that it’s in Eugene rofl. The campus is beautiful, facilities are nice, money is no problem… but it’s fucking Eugene.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Pac12 shampionship game could be set this weekend with the following:

UW beats OSU
Utah beats Arizona
Oregon beats ASU

Mame YO

slings rocks
OSU and Arizona both have 2 losses, so for either of them to get in the championship game Oregon would obviously need to lose and then they’d need tiebreakers. Arizona holds the tiebreaker over OSU.

If Arizona loses to Utah they’re out (duh), but their last game of the year is ASU so they’re well positioned depending on other tiebreakers which we will get to.

OSU would need to beat UW and Oregon back to back, and Utah would need to beat Arizona. They would then face UW again. Lol.

If OSU were to beat Oregon and Arizona finished with 2 losses, since they don’t play each other, here are the next tiebreakers:

1. Record against the next highest placed common opponent in the conference (based on the record in all conference games), proceeding through the conference
  2. Record in common conference games
  3. Highest ranking in the SportSource Analytics poll following the final weekend of regular season games
  4. Team with the most wins in school history
The highest ranked common opponent is UW which both teams lost to. Is “next highest” meaning the highest ranked team below them that they both faced? That’d probably be OSU and in this scenario Oregon would have to lose to OSU or it wouldn’t be a question. Arizona would go to the shampionship game. Wild!

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
OSU currently a 1.5pt favorite over UW
Utah currently a 1.5pt favorite over Arizona

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
oddsmakers really do not respect warshington but based on that line Oregon is probably only a TDish favorite at home vs OSU.

Time to PANIC

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Pulling quotes is always definitive

this shit is like the bigfoot truthers. Always have some convincing tale they heard from a guy. Oh this is true because someone told you? ok. case closed

bruin

this shit is like the bigfoot truthers. Always have some convincing tale they heard from a guy. Oh this is true because someone told you? ok. case closed

SCHEER the Arizona PREHM says Jonathan Smith is UCLA’s number one GUY…

bruin

Pretty surprised UCLA is only 6 point dogs on Saturday. This is a team that have scored 17 points the last two weeks against the Arizona schools. Unless Chase Griffin becomes John Barnes @BasinBictory or Dante Moore gets like Cade McNown from ‘95 as a true freshman at the Coliseum, SC should just be about fine.

UCLA’s defense is good, but they don’t have the firepower to hang with this SC team. Something like 27-13 in a very uneventful crosstown showdown..

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Pretty surprised UCLA is only 6 point dogs on Saturday. This is a team that have scored 17 points the last two weeks against the Arizona schools. Unless Chase Griffin becomes John Barnes @BasinBictory or Dante Moore gets like Cade McNown from ‘95 as a true freshman at the Coliseum, SC should just be about fine.

UCLA’s defense is good, but they don’t have the firepower to hang with this SC team. Something like 27-13 in a very uneventful crosstown showdown..

Grinch may be gone, but his stink is still all over this defense. They were hardly any better against Oregon, registering only one defensive stop, and I doubt they get any better against UCLA. The Bruin offense has been underwhelming, but the USC defense has made a habit of making average or even bad offenses look like the '95 Cornhuskers.

2023 Caleb Williams is not quite the same as he was a year ago - he seems like he's holding the ball longer, trying to make homerun plays every single play, and he's less explosive with his legs. He's also missed on a lot of throws he was making easily last year. Against defenses that are good (like UCLA's) he and the offense struggle, which of course puts the horrendous defense on their heels (even more) and leads to easy scores for the opposition.

I might feel different come game day, but this USC-UCLA match up is one I honestly haven't put much emotion or caring into. I will of course be happy if they win, but considering the high hopes this season started with, it will feel like a consolation prize. If they lose, I'll of course be bummed, but not surprised given the trajectory of this season. Normally I'm very nervous before the UCLA game (early trauma caused by John Barnes and Wayne Cook) but this time around, all I'm feeling is a big blah.

CJ_24

https://www.yalejreg.com/nc/sign-stealing-and-the-antitrust-laws/
But the “cheating” question goes to the core of the antitrust issue. As already mentioned, there apparently isn’t any rule about gathering intelligence on an opponent’s signs. If a school can do that by reading lips from a TV screen, more power to them. The relevant rule isn’t about the integrity of the game like 11 men on the field or ineligible receivers. According to MLive, the rule was adopted in 1994 “as a cost-cutting measure designed to promote equity for programs that couldn’t afford to send scouts to other games.” In other words, if Michigan has cheated, it has cheated on a financial rule rather than one concerning the game itself.
. . . .
To the extent that Bylaw 11.6.1 is intended to prevent schools from competing economically by determining how much to spend on their athletic programs, it runs squarely into Alston, O’Bannon, and Board of Regents. The NCAA or Big 10 might have a shot at justifying the rule as equalizing economic expenditures among member schools in order to promote competitive balance. The NCAA has made such arguments in the past, and in O’Bannon the Ninth Circuit accepted that promoting competitive balance may be a legitimate procompetitive justification in theory. The problem is that the courts have rejected the competitive balance justification in practice. See, Alston, 141 S. Ct. at 2152 (observing that NCAA had unsuccessfully attempted to justify its player compensation rules as promoting competitive balance); O’Bannon, 802 F.3d at 1072 (“We [] accept the district court’s factual findings that the compensation rules do not promote competitive balance.”). Anyone trying to justify Bylaw 11.6.1 as promoting competitive balance will have an uphill climb
Is da NCAA violating Michigan's statutory rights by trying to punish them for sign-stealin'?

bruin

bruin’s Top 6
November 14th.

1. Buckeyes
2. Huskies
3. UGa
4. Florida State
——
5. Michigan
6. Oregon

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The B1G NBC package is, basically, the prime-time game that used to be on BTN. 90% of the time, it's a shit game.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I *think* the PAC2 ruling is that OSU/WSU won control but it seems heavily implied that if they used that control to take all the money and run that the other 10 schools would have grounds to sue them since they’re entitled to that money contractually. OSU/WSU lawyers tried to sidestep the issue. Why are we even doing this if that’s the outcome lol someone explain to me like I’m 5