• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 12 Thread - Blink Wave

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
He played the first half lol.

3ZcSY8z.png

3Ts089F.gif

Brick

nix should not be playing past the 1Q in a game where an RB throwing passes was a big part of the game plan. they stat pad in every game possible. i was at the lolorado game where they had him pass, catch, run for a TD just for the box score.

this isnt a normal year. jayden has been the best offensive player by a very wide fucking margin.

Mame YO

slings rocks
nix should not be playing past the 1Q in a game where an RB throwing passes was a big part of the game plan. they stat pad in every game possible. i was at the lolorado game where they had him pass, catch, run for a TD just for the box score.

this isnt a normal year. jayden has been the best offensive player by a very wide fucking margin.
Again, you might not want to hear it but realistically speaking the award most likely goes to the winner of the pac12 championship game. Do you disagree with that statement?

Brick

Again, you might not want to hear it but realistically speaking the award most likely goes to the winner of the pac12 championship game. Do you disagree with that statement?
oh i am not debating they are gonna make a dumb decision.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
CHIP and Mariota Oregon were appointment viewing. Then they hired solely trog corches and I grew up and found out all their fans are obnoxious, delusional bit confuseds with massive inferiority complexes

Mame YO

slings rocks
I’ve honestly never heard so much about a national title that nobody else on the planet recognizes more than the one that UW fans claim from 1991 that everyone else recognizes as a Miami title.

They even hung a banner with a college football playoff trophy on it lol.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't know what we're yelling about, but if JAYDEN doesn't win the heisman it will be a crime

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Yeah, but playing 4 quarters against Georgia state to pad stats lol cmon. Fwiw I get that Daniels actually needed to play a lot of 4 quarter games because his defense is bad but most of the other candidates are sitting on the bench halfway through the 3rd most nights.

I get it though, if da heisman is “who can put up da vidya game numbers” or “who means da most to their team” he’s the guy.

The main thing that’s going to hold him back is the fact that LSU has 3 losses and also that won’t be playing in a conference championship game. We’ll see I guess, the SEC propaganda machine is starting to get going on his behalf. I personally think it’s more likely that the winner of the pac12 championship decides the award between penix and nix and you can call me a homer for that but to me to me that’s how it usually plays out. :dunno:

As I understand it, Oregon still had Nix out there throwing up 42-0, meaning that Nix and Daniels both left the game up by the same margin.

Cherry picking some of the bigger blowout matchups, Daniels accounted for ~585 total yards and 8 TDs earlier in the season against Grambling and Army, on a combined 49 total rush and pass attempts against those teams. That seems pretty on par with Nix’s combined 550 yards and 6 TDs on 56 combined attempts against Portland State and Hawai'i.

If Daniels falls short of the Heisman this year, it is (as you suggest) because of the team performance keeping us out of the playoff picture since the Alabama game, and not because of his individual performance this season. I get that the "video game numbers" argument is meant to imply that he's putting up bigger stats purely because of volume and usage - but he leads the country in passing yards per attempt and passing efficiency rating, while being #2 in the country in terms of rushing yards per attempt. The argument makes even less sense given the context that Daniels has put up his stats against a schedule that includes 5 Top 50 defenses, while Nix (as the closest competitor) has played 1 Top 50 defense.

Mame YO

slings rocks
The main point I’ve made consistently is that his team’s lack of success will hold him back in the voting. The secondary argument is that ya’ll are bringing this up after he was throwing 40 yard TD passes late in the 4th quarter against Georgia state in November lol. Ya’ll would be pulling out the guillotine for me if I came in here stumping for my dude like that.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I’ve actually said for a few weeks that he has pretty clearly pulled away but that I don’t think it’ll matter because LSU has 3 losses.

If they beat bama the heisman race would be over already.

Mame YO

slings rocks
UW and Wazzu agree to keep the apple cup going for at least 5 years. With the previous news that the civil war is probably also going to continue, that seems good. Although if the pac2 doesn’t figure something out soon these will be permanent cupcake games within a few years.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I’ve honestly never heard so much about a national title that nobody else on the planet recognizes more than the one that UW fans claim from 1991 that everyone else recognizes as a Miami title.

They even hung a banner with a college football playoff trophy on it lol.

This coming from guy saying the COVID year PAC-12 championship was legit, lol that's too much.... To me, that was a legitimate split championship year, to me. It's perfectly reasonable to claim for both teams as the both went undefeated and were selected by multiple legitimate polls with a split between AP/Coaches.

1700426799018.png

To me, any team that goes undefeated should be able to have a claim, IMO - not their fault the sport has always been so confused that you can win all your games and not have a title shot. But still, imagine being like Oklahoma State and claiming a war era 1945 National Championship because the BLUE RIBBON COMMISION - some precursor to the coaches poll selected you #1 and then in 2016 the American Football Coaches Association decided to retroactively recognize that as the coaches poll? lol. Then you got bama in there claiming another title, as usual.

1700427317517.png

Brick

if anyone putting up vidya numbers it BACK FOOT BO with the 99% completion percentage YAC cheese.

Brick

This coming from guy saying the COVID year PAC-12 championship was legit, lol that's too much.... To me, that was a legitimate split championship year, to me. It's perfectly reasonable to claim for both teams as the both went undefeated and were selected by multiple legitimate polls with a split between AP/Coaches.

View attachment 30481

To me, any team that goes undefeated should be able to have a claim, IMO - not their fault the sport has always been so confused that you can win all your games and not have a title shot. But still, imagine being like Oklahoma State and claiming a war era 1945 National Championship because the BLUE RIBBON COMMISION - some precursor to the coaches poll selected you #1 and then in 2016 the American Football Coaches Association decided to retroactively recognize that as the coaches poll? lol. Then you got bama in there claiming another title, as usual.

View attachment 30482

had to double check that this was tavaris
i-want-you-to-get-the-word-out-there-that-we-back-up-the-wire.gif

Mame YO

slings rocks
I’m team miami as far as that ‘91 title goes, but regardless of how you slice it conflating claimed titles with won titles by hanging a banner with a modern CFP era trophy on it is cringe af. And then trying to lord over other teams despite doing almost nothing relevant as a program since the early 90s is just the cherry on top to me to me. UW fans trying to claim big brother over Oregon despite Oregon being the most successful program of the pac12 era with Washington being like the 4th/5th best program in the conference during that span rofl.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I’m team miami as far as that ‘91 title goes, but regardless of how you slice it conflating claimed titles with won titles by hanging a banner with a modern CFP era trophy on it is cringe af. And then trying to lord over other teams despite doing almost nothing relevant as a program since the early 90s is just the cherry on top to me to me. UW fans trying to claim big brother over Oregon despite Oregon being the most successful program of the pac12 era with Washington being like the 4th/5th best program in the conference during that span rofl.
Even when Washington is irrelevant, they’re relevant

Mame YO

slings rocks
UW being ranked 5th all season below FSU, ya’ll missed out on that mess. UW fans been DISRESPECTED all year. They beat Oregon and two weeks later everyone had Oregon favored over UW like the game never happened lol. Ya’ll definitely haven’t met any UW fans.

Brick

oregon just shook UW and them trending in the opposite direction since CROOT CORCHES took over the squad, outside of that stupid JIMMY croot corch blip which they quickly corrected.

Mame YO

slings rocks
oregon just shook UW and them trending in the opposite direction since CROOT CORCHES took over the squad, outside of that stupid JIMMY croot corch blip which they quickly corrected.
This couldn’t possibly be more wrong lol. Once penix and Odunze leave what does UW have? That’s assuming they keep their corch. Meanwhile, Oregon not only has significantly better CROOTS coming in but also has freshman/sophomores all over the depth chart already. Short of winning the transfer portal they’re going to regress pretty hard after this season.

Brick

UW being ranked 5th all season below FSU, ya’ll missed out on that mess. UW fans been DISRESPECTED all year. They beat Oregon and two weeks later everyone had Oregon favored over UW like the game never happened lol. Ya’ll definitely haven’t met any UW fans.
oregon state and UW are 4-0 against oregon the last two years and oregon has to beat both of them to have a chance at the playoff. and you in this thread are bragging about oregon being favorites over UW in vegas. look in a mirror.

Mame YO

slings rocks
3-0 by a combined 10 points.

That isn’t what we’re discussing though. You said the programs are moving different directions - next year UW is taking a huge step back. They just don’t have the players to do anything resembling a reload and if you think otherwise you’re delusional.

To be clear, Oregon is probably a 3 loss team next year unless they hit on some key transfer spots but the difference between Oregon and UW is that they’re loaded with young talent while UW is a poo poo platter that’s being held up by a good QB/WR core that is about to leave. Oregon is just set up better for medium/long term success.

Brick

4-0 in last 4, what the fuck ever.

didnt i get called a BULLY for calling you delusional? lol

UW was 4-8 two years ago and deboer is 101-11 as a head coach. fresno was 4-8 when he took over too. his worst record as a head coach is 9-3 outside of covid year.

he wont have a problem reloading on offense and 4 STAR senior CROOT morris will be fine if they dont land a portal qb.

ur argument for oregon is still DEPTH CHART and CROOTS. no one but PREHM is convinced.

plus depth chart means nothing when the portal window opens. oregon has all these entitled CROOTS that are gonna run fast, just like last year.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Have you even watched any of Oregon’s young players lol? They aren’t just shiny 5* CROOTS a bunch of them are already playing and making an impact. Oregon’s DL is losing all of their starters and I’m not worried at all because they play 8-9 guys per game on the best defensive line unit in the pac12 lol.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Seriously though, UW is 94th in total defense and 47th in scoring defense this season with a veteran defense. What happens when they lose 3/4 of their defensive personnel and they don’t have Penix and Odunze to bail them out?

Mame YO

slings rocks
Because I’m telling you right now that if you’re expecting them to improve defensively, you need to lay off the pipe.

Brick

i have never heard of a veteran defense losing players and getting better. ur probably right.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I mean, I think it’s perfectly logical that losing all of their best players and not having any meaningful recruiting base to replace them puts them at a disadvantage compared to Oregon. And again, it’s not just CROOT BRAIN. Oregon is already playing a lot of these young guys. UW has one young WR that they’re excited about. Everyone else on their roster is older and on their way out.

Brick

oregons whole receiving corps outside of franklin wasnt on the roster last year. what is your point.