• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 11 Thread - Self Esteem

Mame YO

slings rocks
Is Michigan’s strategy seriously going to just be to fight any potential punishment in da courts like they’re the Donald or something? I mean, it’s plain as day that they broke the rules there really is no viable argument that they didn’t. Threatening LEGAL ACTION against the B1G for punishing them is clown behavior.

CJ_24

Is Michigan’s strategy seriously going to just be to fight any potential punishment in da courts like they’re the Donald or something? I mean, it’s plain as day that they broke the rules there really is no viable argument that they didn’t. Threatening LEGAL ACTION against the B1G for punishing them is clown behavior.
Oregon wanted B1G, U got B1G

GR8 2 B FL G8R

You may be familiar with the arguing prowess of some Michigan Law grads

Lightningwar

Administrator

They will argue lack of due process. But they are part of a league, the league sets due process. If what has been said is true Michigan should be slapped hard for this scandal. Stripped of wins, scholarships, and Harbaugh sent to the NFL ala Pete Carroll. What will actually happen? Probably not much on a timeline that will be satisfying. NCAA will conclude their investigation in 2025. And who knows, probably screw it up like Miami and basically have to walk from it.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
No the NCAA report says Harbaugh didn't know about it lol

Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh is not being implicated by the NCAA in the alleged sign-stealing scandal at Michigan.
According to Ross Dellenger and Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, "The NCAA's findings do not connect the in-person scouting and recording of opponents' sidelines to Harbaugh, sources say, an absence of evidence essential to a potential lawsuit from the school and coach against the league."

Mame YO

slings rocks
This ain’t a criminal trial I can’t imagine that the standard is “beyond reasonable doubt”. To me to me somebody was funding Stallions, and everybody on the sidelines was happy to take his intel on game day including harbaugh. He either knew directly and is trying to play the plausible deniability game or he should’ve known and it’s lack of institutional control imo.

digs

sun of nothing

I am unsure what he is saying about ASU? That we're bad? That we're bad but should have more than 2 wins?

It's been a tough year :herm:anos, but atleast there seems to be a bright future, compared to mediocrity that was only going to sink further and further to the depths! :herm:

Mame YO

slings rocks
I think he is referencing that ASU fans can never find their team on the graph

IMO he needs to do some formatting changes because the logos on top of logos thing drives me crazy also

Mame YO

slings rocks
like, it almost looks like he has KSU circled as a contender on there but if you look closely da A is underneath the KSU and Tejas logos

digs

sun of nothing
I think he is referencing that ASU fans can never find their team on the graph

IMO he needs to do some formatting changes because the logos on top of logos thing drives me crazy also
oh yea ok that tracks, I've had a hard time most weeks lol

Mame YO

slings rocks
I like to imagine the celebrity death match is still a thing except it’s just JP and @Brick fighting about Oregon being #2 in da JP POLL
IMG_1590.jpeg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
7 8 9 10 is pure comedy

Mame YO

slings rocks
Idk I’d like to see LSU vs UW on a neutral field although we all know SEC travels better. Probably like -3.5 LSU

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Idk I’d like to see LSU vs UW on a neutral field although we all know SEC travels better. Probably like -3.5 LSU

We’ve lost to every other top 10 team we’ve played, and by two scores to FSU and Alabama. It’s clear that the defense is way too bad to expect us to win.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I had a chance to go back and JP says da MODEL only seperates by ~3pts from ~8-15 or so. He also says da Model would favor Oregon over UW by 8.5 if they played on a neutral field today. So his power ranking probably has a pretty tight t1 with the top 5-7 or so and then a tight t2 with the remaining top 15. That actually seems kind of reasonable imo.

UW and OU fans hate this dude though.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
1. Washington - They got the best resume
2. Georgia - They gonna win it all again
3. Ohio State - They beat Notre Dame when Notre Dame was ranked so it counts for more than it would if they beat them today
4. Florida State - Probs should be higher but I forgot about them until I got to #9 so I had to find a place and here looks good
5. Michigan - They pass the eye test but ain't played no one yet pawl
6. Oregon - They got the best loss
7. Bammer - Bama in the playoff is inevitable
8. Texas - No it doesn't make sense to put them below Bammer
9. Ole Miss - Meh
10. Penn State - Sure why not

Mame YO

slings rocks
If Oregon Bama and Texas each have one loss, who gets left out (assuming B1G champ and FSU take the other spots)?

It seems like it’s going to be Texas imo.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Probably Oregon, Bama ain't getting left out if they win the SEC. Texas probably won't because they are SEC adjacent and got the bigger brand and the CFP committee Jacks off at the alter of the brand.

which would be a shame. To me the Pac-12 has been the best & funnest conference to watch this year

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Oregon. The PNW is just a backwater to the people that vote on these things. This is why there is so much little brother energy from that region-becuase deep down, they know it too

Mame YO

slings rocks
The reason I think Texas gets left out is because they’re currently set up as the odd man out with no clear path to jump Oregon based on current playoff rankings and remaining schedule. Remaining schedule is TCU ISU TTU then their conference championship. Oregon plays USC ASU OSU and their conference championship.

I also don’t think anybody outside of the state of Texas believes that Texas is better than Oregon so there’s always EYE TEST.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
The reason I think Texas gets left out is because they’re currently set up as the odd man out with no clear path to jump Oregon based on current playoff rankings and remaining schedule. Remaining schedule is TCU ISU TTU then their conference championship. Oregon plays USC ASU OSU and their conference championship.

I also don’t think anybody outside of the state of Texas believes that Texas is better than Oregon so there’s always EYE TEST.

Dude if Texas has even the most faintly plausible case to make the paloff I can guarantee you that the committee wouldn't think twice about brushing Oregon aside to get them in there.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
We need a COPIUM react

COPIUM-600x600.png

@digs

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Dude if Texas has even the most faintly plausible case to make the paloff I can guarantee you that the committee wouldn't think twice about brushing Oregon aside to get them in there.
Plus in mame’s scenario they will be bama’s only loss, in Tuscaloosa

Mame YO

slings rocks
Plus in mame’s scenario they will be bama’s only loss, in Tuscaloosa
Sure, but also in my scenario Oregon avenges their only loss.

Fwiw my argument isn’t just me being a homer it does line up with current AP/CFP polling, power rankings, etc.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It would be really interesting but unsurprising to see the entire national media backtrack on the whole “the pac 12 is deeper than ever!” Stuff to let tejas in. But to me to me that would 100% be about branding.