• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 11 Thread - Self Esteem

bruin

We make plans to go out at night
I wait 'til 2 then I turn out the light
This rejection's got me so low
If she keeps it up I just might tell her so

I'm back bros. This hangover, the mediocrity of UCLA Football and the time change ain't going to keep me down. I have a duty and it is to bring you the weekly game THREADS. GAMEDAY is heading to Athens as Georgia welcomes Ole Miss. The Texas Rangers are World Champs, Thanksgiving is a mere 2 weeks away and something called the NBA IN SEASON TOURNAMENT is happening. But, we keep rocking and rolling on in the free world, bros.

Notable Matchups:
Ohio at Buffalo, 4:30 PT - ESPN 2 (Tuesday)
Akron at Miami (OH) , 4:00 PT - ESPN U (Wednesday)
Virginia at Louisville, 4:30 PT - ESPN (Thursday)
Wyoming at UNLV, 7:45 PT - FS1 (Friday)
Ole Miss at Georgia, 9:00 AM PT - TBD
Miami at Florida State, TBD - ABC
Texas at TCU, - TBD
Tennessee at Missouri, TBD
Michigan at Penn State, 9:00 AM PT - FOX
Alabama at Kentucky, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN
Texas Tech at Kansas, 9:00 AM PT - FS1
Utah at Washington, 12:30 PT - FOX
Michigan State at Ohio State, 4:30 PT - NBC
USC at Oregon, 7:30 PT - FOX

9028296.jpeg

MICHIGAN-ST-OHIO-ST.JPG

rangers-win-world-series-110123-2-ad0fd03560384e3d989b74ce4abeca74.jpg

MV5BZGJkMDUwZWQtYTMzMS00NTg5LWE1ZTYtOTVhMDI4NGI1YjMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

18_Uga_IX.jpg

zUsFA5Nz_400x400.jpg

ei_178334_sb019_p013020-2-1.jpg

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I feel like the Mizzou thing is to lose out and finish 7-5, hopefully not though since they’re pretty FUN this year

Mame YO

slings rocks
USC has some defensive personnel that can be dangerous. They’re disruptive up front and they always recruit DBs well. They’re undersized and generally lack discipline in gap control so they’re going to continue to get ran on but, yeah, they should’ve never been as bad as they have been on D.

Mame YO

slings rocks
College footbaw is weird though. You know how it goes - random backup QB comes out and passes for 400 yards and 3 TDs. Coordinator gets fired and half the tendencies you prepare for just aren’t there and it takes half the game to figure out what they’re doing.

USC won’t fix their defense in 6 days but all of the sudden there is uncertainty because there is less data to go off of.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
USC has some defensive personnel that can be dangerous. They’re disruptive up front and they always recruit DBs well. They’re undersized and generally lack discipline in gap control so they’re going to continue to get ran on but, yeah, they should’ve never been as bad as they have been on D.

Yes, they over-recruit the small quick guys in the back, but haven't had NFL-quality front 7 guys in large quantities since the Carroll days. Plus, I haven't seen player regression on this scale since the Paul Hackett era. Guys who came in with such great fanfare and 5-star, blue-chip, all-Everything credentials look so utterly ordinary in college. Guys like Korey Foreman and Domani Jackson (who was beat and torched time and time and time again yesterday) tells me their coaching in college is horrendous. Then I look at the linebackers and wonder if the basketball team did some funny prank where they swapped identities with the football team's linebacking corps. A lot of height and length, not much girth and ass, and it shows in their inability to plug gaps or stop the run.

Now that Grinch is officially gone, word is that Shawn Nua and Brian Odom (D-line and LB coaches, respectively) will be co-DCs. Not sure what they can do with two games left - this firing should have been done after Colorado, but at least the pile of shit is gone. The odor, however, will linger for some time.

coogrfan

USC may not have the personnel to be a great defense, but I know they can be a better D.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Versatile defensive backs are all the rage. Our defense last year(aside from Witherspoon) was guys who could play all over the field. Quan Martin, Sydney Brown, etc.

The scheme is so fucking simple that your players can play fast and instinctual. Bring 5 rushers, play man 1 with a deep FS. These like, soft zone schemes with no intensity up front seem so suspect.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Please let it be the LA Rams. I want to hate-watch my team as long as they're wearing those hideous uniforms they have now.
My dad graduated high school in fossil Oregon. I tell you this because he tells people that he graduated in LA. He is a Rams fan and he won’t shut up about the relocation dynasty that franchise has gone through. Please let this happen so I can watch him suffer. I mean this in the most loving way possible.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
My dad graduated high school in fossil Oregon. I tell you this because he tells people that he graduated in LA. He is a Rams fan and he won’t shut up about the relocation dynasty that franchise has gone through. Please let this happen so I can watch him suffer. I mean this in the most loving way possible.

I don't get why he'd tell folx he graduated in LA? The Rams have moved exactly 3 times in their history. They started as the Cleveland Rams, moved to LA in 1951, then moved to St. Louis in 1994, then back to Los Angeles in 2015. So, no more than franchises like the Chicago/St. Louis/Arizona Cardinals or the Oakland/Los Angeles/Las Vegas Raiders.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I don't get why he'd tell folx he graduated in LA? The Rams have moved exactly 3 times in their history. They started as the Cleveland Rams, moved to LA in 1951, then moved to St. Louis in 1994, then back to Los Angeles in 2015. So, no more than franchises like the Chicago/St. Louis/Arizona Cardinals or the Oakland/Los Angeles/Las Vegas Raiders.
My grandma said his graduating class was like 25 people so maybe he was embarrassed idk

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
We have shit tie breakers, need to win out and Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Iowa need to lose.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
We have shit tie breakers, need to win out and Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Iowa need to lose.

Nebraska is definitely going to drop 1 more at least. I think they find one more and get to a bowl but the offense is so terrible and injury ridden that 5 might be the ceiling this year. Wisconsin just lost to Indiana so they could lose to anyone left on the schedule. Rutgers beating Iowa would go along ways towards making BERT a reality

bruin

Bruins are down to Schlee and Chase Griffin (looked good in 2 games in covid season ) at QB. Moore head injury and Garbers out with a ankle

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
perfect for chip to implement run da baw shield trog shit!