• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 10 Thread - (Don't Fear) The Reaper

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Herbstreit has always low key been an Oregon homer despite being an Ohio state alumni doe. Might as well be Prehm.
History is weird like that. As bad as Illinois has been, we never lost to Herbie.

Also never lost to Tom Brady ironically....

Also fun fact... Illinois missed out on Tom Brady and pulled a scholarship from Aaron Rodgers.

bruin

HERBY just got in the Rose Bowl HOF. Inductee. Will Tie KEITH JACKSON this RB calling 16?!? Of them.

Remember when he was a pugy, smash mouth colored hairdo youngin on GAMEDAY. We old bros…

Mame YO

slings rocks
if they’re going to be consistent with the RESUME MATTERS stuff Michigan should be 5 and UW should be in the top 4. What I don’t like about this is that it implies that a 1 loss pac champ could get left out.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Apparently the B1G office is reviewing the end of the Wisconsin Illinois game. Originally thought that #93 who caught the winning TD was a DLineman but it was a OLineman who should have had to report as eligible and the refs would announce it.

Game is fucked.

CJ_24

HERBY just got in the Rose Bowl HOF. Inductee. Will Tie KEITH JACKSON this RB calling 16?!? Of them.

Remember when he was a pugy, smash mouth colored hairdo youngin on GAMEDAY. We old bros…
Between that and how the BCS/playoff destroyed the Rose Bowl tradition, it's a SHAME how they RUINED the Granddaddy of Them All

Mame YO

slings rocks
I was today years old when I realized that the first round of the new playoff is played at the home stadium of the 5-8 seed.

The ducks get Ohio State at home next year and I was strongly considering getting tickets for that game but now I’m thinking I’ll hold out and see if they get a 5-8 seed. That’s pretty optimistic, I know! Who knows, maybe they’re a 10 seed and I fly to Timbuktu to see a game. This arrangement seems FUN

Mame YO

slings rocks
The Athletic did a survey of corches about Michigan sign stealing and 92% of them think UM’s scheme is worth 10+ points on the field. Almost the same figure says UM should be punished and wants coach to player tech.

1/3rd of corches surveyed admitted that they have some kind of sign stealer.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
I go back and forth on the severity. My hesitation is what is the advantage they get scouting in person that can't be gleaned on an All-22 game film?

Dr. Shats Basoon

If they could do that on all-22 tape I don't think we'd be tom bout this, but idk either
True. In that case I would put it at a 4 or a 5. A coach in that athletic article summed it up pretty nicely, if you are 75-85% positive a team is running to the right on 3rd down and 2 it is a lot easier to get that stop. I imagine the outcome here is Michigan and Harbaugh get a slap on the wrist after the season is over and the NCAA allows teams to use headsets to call in plays like in the pros

Mame YO

slings rocks
I will believe it without questioning
I can’t find the thread but the people discussing it were showing screenshots of actual all 22 footage and you could see feet in some of them but I didn’t see anything that was useable.

One point that was made is that if you tried hard enough you could probably get some information from TV broadcasts but that seems like a crapshoot.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Can you see the sideline in all-22?

No, that is the issue and why Michigan hired an idiot to run their spying dept. It gave a clear advantage to Michigan. Many of those coaches think it is 10-21 points per game advantage. That is massive. Outside of the game itself, think of the betting lines in Vegas this affects. The ultimate story would be this investigation connects Harbaugh to organized crime and a point shaving\fixing scheme.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I can’t find the thread but the people discussing it were showing screenshots of actual all 22 footage and you could see feet in some of them but I didn’t see anything that was useable.

One point that was made is that if you tried hard enough you could probably get some information from TV broadcasts but that seems like a crapshoot.
Didn’t someone run some memes on their signs and ABC or ESPN showed them a lot and the school got mad? It could be a memory I’m manifesting but it would have been like 5+ years ago

Mame YO

slings rocks
They used to show Oregon’s signs on TV all the time so I’m sure they do it all the time. That’s a lot of sifting through garbage to get an advantage but I guess that’s what GAs are for?

Lightningwar

Administrator

I used to study game film at NDSU, never see the sidelines enough to make out signs. In game broadcasts may have a sign here or there, not enough to build anything. If Michigan could look at the sent film or the public broadcast, they wouldnt had needed to orchestrate such a system to gather signs in the first place.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
They used to show Oregon’s signs on TV all the time so I’m sure they do it all the time. That’s a lot of sifting through garbage to get an advantage but I guess that’s what GAs are for?
The game I remember had the broadcaster (think it was KIRK) actually figuring it out towards the end of the game saying something similar to "there's that meme there again, wonder if they're going to pass". I have no idea how to even search for something like that so I'll just assume I was incepted.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Is harbaugh in bed with the Sicilians?

th

Brick

UNDERCUFFLER PUTS THE ZIPS AHEAD

WHAT A MIRACULOUS 4TH QUARTER COMEBACK

MACTION MACTION MACTION

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
it truly is an amazing blessing that two 1-7 teams from what I feel like is the same 8 square mile radius of sorta northeast ohio (which isn't notable even ignoring "sorta") can give us this on a random Wednesday night

Mame YO

slings rocks
Going back through that Athletic article is kind of crazy. A bunch of corches are quoted (anonymously) as saying that michigan needs to fire harbaugh, the ncaa needs to do a postseason ban THIS SEASON, the B1G should step in and ban them from the conference championship… 35/50 polled corches said there should be punishment with 9 unsure and only 6 saying no.

And this isn’t just butthurt B1G corches either, here’s a snippet:

“I think you should be fired for that stuff,” one Conference USA head coach said. “Doing stuff like that where you violate all the ethics of sportsmanship, that’s horrible.”

Few coaches went that far, but several did say they believe a postseason ban should be on the table. “Everyone is watching this,” one Mountain West defensive coordinator said. “A slap on the wrist and everyone will be doing it.”

DRAMAAAAAA

Dr. Shats Basoon

If this is true, I don't even know what to say, but wow. It would explain how all of a sudden shitty Rattler turned into an All American for two games against Tennessee and Clemson.

Yeah stuff like this and some of the in-game highlights that continue to come out makes me think Michigan might be toast. How long until it comes out that some players from Michigan were putting bets in on their own games?