• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 10 Thread - (Don't Fear) The Reaper

Mame YO

slings rocks
More smoke coming out about B1G corches meeting, they want meatchicken's head.

The Athletic put out an updated version of their STOP RATE metric and weak competition aside it's starting to look a little suspicious with UM sitting as an extreme outlier at #1 giving up just .58pts/drive and an astonishing 88.9% stop rate compared to #2 Ohio State giving up .91pts/drive (82.5% stop rate) and ranks 2-10 averaging out to 1.23 pts/drive (77.8% stop rate).

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They didn't beat it. Michigan didn't have their signs because they couldn't advance scout them. By the time they knew they would play, there was no game to go to.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They may have been aware but there was also no games for Connor to attend unless he was also a time traveler or fortune teller. Nobody thought TCU would get in at the time.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I’ve heard that TCU was aware of the sign stealing, but had a month to prepare and change up signals.
That was the story was last week. TCU was warned by several coaching staffs they believed Michigan was stealing signs. TCU then changed up their signs but kept the old signs in as dummy signs. It was 21-3 before you could bat an eye.

With this potential for Michigan to be sharing intel to effectively handicap potential opponents to affect playoff selection. I don't know what you do with them besides bring down the pain. It seems to me this is one of the bigger scandals in my lifetime. It affects the play on the field, it affects playoff seedings, it also affects betting lines.

Lightningwar

Administrator
They may have been aware but there was also no games for Connor to attend unless he was also a time traveler or fortune teller. Nobody thought TCU would get in at the time.

That we know of right now, he was sending other people to these games. I have a feeling as this progresses we will find out there were more tickets purchased for a wider selection of teams.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's nice this is an actual football scandal instead of something horrifying like the institutional coverup of child abuse, rape or sexual assaults. The goofs and gaffs are a lot less dark

Not a bit - 100%. Hearing people whine about the integrity of the game is a lot better than hearing about how the football program is full of terrible people.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Maybe the guy making millions of dollars a year and a bunch of professional athletes spending 60+ hours a week on football should be able to figure it out? It's not comparable to whatever sclerotic bureaucracy you deal with at your job.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
this is bad, sure, but what's also bad is that they even need these signs. Can your QB and offense not manage calling 2 plays in the huddle and using audibles? Why do they even need this circus

CJ_24

Ever try to make a basic change at work? Now change your whole system in a week and lmk how that turns out.
Lol, ur not changing the system, ur changing how you name the plays. What's so hard about changing a run call from "rabbit" to "sonny" or something. This shit isn't hard, nfl players do it every week

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon got hosed on the bye weeks (week 5 and 14, so 8 straight games) but at least there’s a couple of cupcakes between Ohio state and meatchicken.
Image-1.jpeg