• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 10 Thread - (Don't Fear) The Reaper

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
So, I was wondering who this Dillon Johnson guy for the Huskies was and was wondering why I hadn't heard of this sure-fire 1st-round draft pick before. So I figured I'd look at his season stats:

Prior to playing USC here are Johnson’s numbers.

Boise State 7 carries 12 yards
Michigan State 8 carries 71 yards
California 10 carries 66 yards
Arizona 16 carries 91 yards
Oregon 20 carries 100 yards
Arizona State 8 carries 6 yards
Stanford 18 carries 84 yards

Total 87 carries 430 yards

Enter Grinch….

26 carries 256 yards

Instead of just being summarily fired as the defensive coordinator,, Grinch should be hired as the running backs coach. He sure knows how to get the most out of them!

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Should've been heckling a piccolo player or something, not a beefy guy who lugs around a 40-pound sousaphone, while wearing a woolen band uniform in the Texas heat!

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Now I wait for OSU to get upset (lol at saying this after S.Alabama) by Houston or some shit and get knocked out of the title game.

Or they win all 4 and get left out of the playoffs because of S.Alabama which is just as much schtick at this point.

To be fair I'd leave them out too, they are not that great aside from OLLIE. Idk how they've done what they've done.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
So, I was wondering who this Dillon Johnson guy for the Huskies was and was wondering why I hadn't heard of this sure-fire 1st-round draft pick before. So I figured I'd look at his season stats:

Prior to playing USC here are Johnson’s numbers.

Boise State 7 carries 12 yards
Michigan State 8 carries 71 yards
California 10 carries 66 yards
Arizona 16 carries 91 yards
Oregon 20 carries 100 yards
Arizona State 8 carries 6 yards
Stanford 18 carries 84 yards

Total 87 carries 430 yards

Enter Grinch….

26 carries 256 yards

Instead of just being summarily fired as the defensive coordinator,, Grinch should be hired as the running backs coach. He sure knows how to get the most out of them!

Absolutely crazy that our fan base was eager to get Lincoln Riley and had to settle for Brian Kelly, when ultimately we’re fielding practically identical teams in Year 2. I’m not sure which coaching hire from that cycle is performing any better also, Napier is struggling at UF so far.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

I think the real beauty of this is that Iowa's one touchdown comes on my favorite old time goal line trog offense play that everyone in the stadium should know is coming! The classic play action bootleg with the pass going to the TE who came back across the formation looking like he was blocking for split zone. Northwestern was ready for play action in general because all the other receivers are covered, but you just lose track of that guy coming back across behind the line. The play is only good for 2 yards, but damn is it good for 2 yards, lol.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Was at THE BAR last night and walked in from the patio to see CHIP getting his shit rocked by JEDDDDDD. Should've hired JEDD instead of this fat fucking fraud, his offense with CHOSEN was FUN

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Deboer and Lanning are also in year 2 so you’ll definitely got the short stick.

I know nothing of Washington and Deboer, but I wouldn’t really say that Lanning is in the same situation as any of those teams, given that he took over CRISTOBUM’s progrum that had finished 10-4 and won its division in the previous year.

Mame YO

slings rocks
2nd best margin of victory in the nation behind the cheaters (and just ahead of Georgia), one of the best offenses in the country, good defense, and the best recruiting classes on the west coast by a wide margin. It’s getting harder and harder for you to say that Oregon is a bad progrum lol.

Contrast that with Deboer who is also a good corch and probably a better game day corch so far but has not built the same foundation for his program and is likely to take a big step back next year. Michigan gon’ offer him a bag if harbaugh flees.

Mame YO

slings rocks
If you listen to Washington fans, you’d think they were USC lol. A couple good seasons recently and they’re back to bragging about claimed national titles from 50 years ago.

Mame YO

slings rocks
it’s increasingly likely that UW and UO will play again this year, but regardless of if they do or not, you’re going to see a divergence in performance between these programs next year. Sorry to break it to you.

Brick

If you listen to Washington fans, you’d think they were USC lol. A couple good seasons recently and they’re back to bragging about claimed national titles from 50 years ago.
and since herbert and won the rose bowl by hiseelf all oregon has in the CROOT ERA that fake covid shampship.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If you listen to Oregon fans, you’d think they were Washington lol. A corch with zero wins against their rivals and whose crowning achievement is a Holiday Bowl win and they’re back to bragging about seasons that haven't happened yet.

Brick

went from 4TH AN PLAYOFF to 5th in the pac last year. gonna be a long home drive this weekend mame.

Mame YO

slings rocks
You’ll like to make fun of recruiting but the preseason top 15 was 83-2 heading into this weekend when favored by 10. Both losses were Clemson.

If you compare recruiting to the final rankings every season, there is a strong correlation.

It isn’t perfect but like I keep saying, recruiting is basically BMI. Recruiting matters lol.

UW can’t rely on finding Michael Penix and Rome Odunze every season that just isn’t a recipe for sustained success. Sorry.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I've never heard you say recruiting is basically BMI
This is me from the week 7 thread
I mean, depending on the source they have one of the most talented rosters in the nation, and aside from USC nobody else in the pac12 is close. Recruiting rankings are kind of like BMI in that they don’t tell individual stories very well, but in general they’re more or less predictive taken more broadly.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Sometimes I regret giving up footbaw, I know that I really would have enjoyed a day like yesterday. The last time I was REALLY into an Oklahoma State was when I was engaged in never-ending forum debates with OU/TEXAS/Texas Tech fans about whatever 3-way tie happened that year that Okie State got fucked on. The rules as to whether the BEST LOSS or BEST WIN was a more valuable tie breaker were a shifting target and Okie State was never going to win that battle, lol. I remember using the phrase A PRIORI a lot because I was proud of being self smarted. Very occasionally it was all worth it, and yesterday would have been one of them days.

My last legitimately good college footbaw memory was the 2012 Fiesta Bowl between Oklahoma State and Stanford. I was watching with my family and several spontaneous events occurred that created the funniest shared belief/superstition moments I've ever been part of. My cousin bought some Stoli Vodka for making secret holiday drinks because you have to be loaded to hang out with my Oklahoma family and/or watch Oklahoma State in a big game. Things started bad for OSU going down 14-0 and my cousin said something like "AT LEAST WE HAVE MOTHER RUSSIA!" and we snuck into the kitchen and he poured shots for me and him. I don't take shots, but... when in Atoka... Suddenly Oklahoma State scores in like two plays. Hmmm, that's curious timing. So a few minutes later we sneak back into the kitchen. "For mother Russia?" Another TD on the ensuing drive. 14-14, interesting. It's important to note that these weren't really "shots" because there aren't any shot glasses at meemaw's house. We're just pouring glugs of vodka into our Yeti tumblers. The Yeti tumblers were the best possible Christmas gift because we all have plausible deniability for what is in our cups.

As the night went on the game was going back and forth and it became clear that these vodka shots were the only thing keeping OSU in the game. What really convinced us was when I said "look man, I'm going to need to do a half shot on the next one" and then Oklahoma State only scored a field goal on the next drive. Somewhere during the third quarter when things started to look bad again, my brother-in-law and cousin-in-law notice this sneaking into the kitchen maneuver We honestly haven't done a great job of inviting these guys into the family, but in this case one of them is an OSU grad so it made sense that he would join as a comrade! More shots were poured and Oklahoma State pulled even at 31-31. It's important to remember that we'd already spent an entire day with family, so we'd all been raiding grandma's pantry for the secret stash of Jim Beam that never seems to run dry. That bottle is like Jesus' miracle with loaves and fishes. So we're all starting to get pretty rowdy at this point and my dad, uncle and Grandpa are like "ya'll need to settle down." Being drunk at family gatherings is unacceptable if you're expressing joy at the same time, in this family you're supposed to sit in sullen silence before you go get a DUI at 9am.

Then Oklahoma State goes down with only 4 minutes left and it became clear that the only way we would see victory is to convince my dad, uncle, and Grandpa to join the comrades. My Grandpa was a deacon in the Baptist church and allegedly hadn't had a single sip since 1952 when he prayed to God that he'd get sober so he wouldn't fuck things up with my meemaw. My dad allegedly hadn't had a sip since 1989 because of health issues and medical interactions. I say allegedly in both cases, because I notice a lot of trips to meemaw's pantry with their new Yeti Tumblers! My uncle joined us for the final drive, the comrades openly slamming shots in the living room. That was enough to make believers of my dad and Grandpa and they each downed a half shot before the game winning field goal. We all screamed "FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!!!" and the kick went in.

Brick

CROOTIN RANKINS and oregon success have an inverse correlation so guess they have the BMI of a skinny fat cuck covering up their gut with THE GEAR.

Mame YO

slings rocks
and since herbert and won the rose bowl by hiseelf all oregon has in the CROOT ERA that fake covid shampship.
Btw oregon has 2/4 of the last pac 12 championships and the most conference wins during that timespan. Oregon has the most conference championships and the most championship appearances of the pac12 era.

Brick

anyone who counts the covid title cant be taken seriously.

every title but one was from bellotti/chip era.

Brick

kills me u always chirpin about GOOD FAITH and bring up a 4-3 "championship" season when oregon lost to combined 1-8 cal and osu and got embrassed in a bowl game they had no bidness playing in

Mame YO

slings rocks
That’s such a strange thing to say lol. Every sport has an asterisk for that season. You can’t just wave it away and say it doesn’t count. They won the title under the same circumstances as every other team.

And I never said that was a particularly great team or anything. I simply chose that 4 year timeframe to point out that Oregon is the winningest team in the conference during that time, while winning half of the available conference titles. That’s a successful program!

To my point about the roster and recruiting - I know you like to point to the taggart/cristobal eras but only 6 players are still on the roster from the final 2021 cristobal recruiting class. The rest are Lanning guys. There are 1&2 year players all up and down the roster. Players like Matayo Uiagelelei, Josh Conerly Jr, Jordan James. That’s why I asked if you have even looked at the roster. Most of the players that were on Cristobal’s last roster and class are gone.

Brick

That’s such a strange thing to say lol. Every sport has an asterisk for that season. You can’t just wave it away and say it doesn’t count. They won the title under the same circumstances as every other team.
you dont believe this

Brick

People constantly bring up the nba bubble season as an anomaly too.
many teams played well. oregon was not one of those teams. they sucked and their performance that year lends nothing to an argument about them doing well in the conference. half of their games were embarassing losses. take the L.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Because apparently Oklahoma State won the big game for like the third time in my life and I missed it!
Do you ever think about the fact that you’ve had BLAKE as your avatar for like six years because you bet he wouldn’t surpass the NASHNUL accomplishments of Tebow

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Do you ever think about the fact that you’ve had BLAKE as your avatar for like six years because you bet he wouldn’t surpass the NASHNUL accomplishments of Tebow

Sometimes I forget who it is and legitimately think that's what I look like. Then I'm surprised when I look in the mirror and see EAGLES FEET looking back at me.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I’ve never heard of someone saying that the Covid season doesn’t count and frankly to me it sounds like something that you’d make fun of me for saying if the roles were reversed right now lol.

They won the title. Idk what else you want me to say. Even excluding that season they are the winningest team in the conference recently.

Mame YO

slings rocks
And focusing on that season misses for the forest for the trees - Oregon is a good progrum, actually! The only other teams they’ve been close in the pac12 era are Stanford in the early half and Utah in the latter half. Utah has the second most wins during that 4 year time period. UW is a distant 3rd.