• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Bowl Thread - Lucky Man

Mame YO

slings rocks
We had a running back in HS that was built like LaGarrette Blount but he smoked it all, unfortunately. He holds basically every school record possible in Football doe.

Brick

Michigan is better but Washington picked a bad game to play like shit. that looked like mid-season Washington in between the oregon games. they played so well on offense against oregon and Texas and penix was in rhythm. credit to UM for getting to penix a lot though. he missed a handful of throws that were not due to pressure.

Michigan seemed better prepared THANKS STALLIONS. washington lost the game in the 1Q just getting out schemed in the run game.

if I were a UW fan I'd be more let down than if it was a closer game because they just left so much on the table.

weakest champ we have had in a long time but happy it wasn't clemson, bama, Georgia.

Michigan's players and coaches all sound like liberty. it's a Harbaugh cult. GOD SQUAD doin work.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
True, but you can change your signs up. You can more or less figure out an offense from film, that’s allowed. These schools have unlimited GAs charting film, they’ve charted everything you’ve done going back years.

(Again, this isn’t meant as a full throated defense of Michigan, I just think it’s worth mentioning)
You still have to teach it to the players and their time is limited

Skeeter

Uber felon
Easy no sweat cover. Michigan never got close to giving up the -4.5. Even when the game turned into a punt fest it never felt like the line was in danger. If someone has a decided schematic advantage (through blatant cheating). Bet that team.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Yeah, my friends live in Downers Grove and the husband does the in-game stats for Downers Grove South. The wife's dad used to do scouting for Tom Lemming and his HS scouting service back in the 70s and 80s.

People don't realize how big the gap really is from D1 athlete to the average HS player. Hell, I see it in the field hockey games I officiate. The future D1 athletes just make average HS players look silly. Then there is gap, in football, with high D1 school players and those players going to schools like UMess. These top tier recruits are just genetic and physical freaks.
Yeah on a whim I looked dup top QB prospects in Illinois and most are committed to schools I have never heard of except for one who is at NDSU.

I know Gumino took an official visit to Illinois though.

digs

sun of nothing
Terrell Suggs played for a cross town rival HS when I played high school football. He played RB as well as defense and ran for 500+yards and I think 8 touchdowns vs us. There were 3 future D1 starters on my HS football team, but even they looked like children compared to TSuggs. The gap at each level is so pronounced, its crazy

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F906ef17a-5e9d-4fb8-80be-3b3f41f2f46b_900x600.jpeg

I know @DeadMan gave me the elk steak, but I'm actually pretty okay with Harbaugh and this Michigan team getting the title. You'll may not remember, and maybe I didn't post much about it, but back when I still cared about CTEBAW, I remember being worried when Michigan brought him in. I figured that was the end of Notre Dame having any chance to win those rivalry games consistently, and I felt like Harbaugh was likely to get them a championship. Well pin the trog tail on me now because Notre Dame would rather play Wake Forest and Duke instead of Little Brother and Purdon't, and they traded in the crushing losses to Harbaugh for getting pantsed by DABO. Kill me, Pete.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I know @DeadMan gave me the elk steak, but I'm actually pretty okay with Harbaugh and this Michigan team getting the title. You'll may not remember, and maybe I didn't post much about it, but back when I still cared about CTEBAW, I remember being worried when Michigan brought him in. I figured that was the end of Notre Dame having any chance to win those rivalry games consistently, and I felt like Harbaugh was likely to get them a championship. Well pin the trog tail on me now because Notre Dame would rather play Wake Forest and Duke instead of Little Brother and Purdon't, and they traded in the crushing losses to Harbaugh for getting pantsed by DABO. Kill me, Pete.
they took the QB FROM wake forest to do it this year!

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
LANE has been a piece of shit with his hires to be honest. He had Briles at FAU (and I think Art Briles was at practices), and now he has Briles' son-in-law and Durkin at Ole Piss.

Honestly, with the combination of him and Ole Piss, they're gonna have Art Briles, Mangino, Durkin, and the New Hitler guy on staff in like three years.
Disappointed this didn't come to pass, but Charlie Weis's son is there, so maybe he can get his dad to still have cupcakes serve their purpose

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I mean Harbaugh is a weird culty mfer but his talent evaluation is way above average. He tries to portray his best "everyman" character in TV but he is a elitely talented coach and almost no one should try to emulate him. He's just unique in that way.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
weakest champ we have had in a long time but happy it wasn't clemson, bama, Georgia.

Eh, you only think that because Michigan didn't have an offense that could put up 50 points on anybody. Michigan went 15-0, is number 1 in essentially all of the advanced metrics, beat 3 teams that finished in the top 10, and according to SP+, had the second-best defense since 2000 (although I'm little suspect on this one, because the top 10 defenses since 2000 included this years' PSU and OSU teams...). They definitely aren't Georgia or Bama at the top of their powers, but they aren't far off.

Last edited:

Skeeter

Uber felon
Eh, you only think that because Michigan didn't have an offense that could put up 50 points on anybody. Michigan went 15-0, is number 1 in essentially all of the advanced metrics, beat 3 teams that finished in the top 10, and according to SP+, had the second-best defense since 2000 (although I'm little suspect on this one, because the top 10 defenses since 2000 included this years' PSU and OSU teams...). They definitely aren't Georgia or Bama at the top of their powers, but they aren't far off.
And all they had to do accomplish this, was to cheat with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind.

Really makes you think....

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Fun counterfactual - what if OSU waited until today to leak sign gate?

Of course, they didn't, because they're (a) dumb as rocks and (b) truly believe that the only reason Michigan has been so good for 3 years is stealing signs. Instead, Michigan beat PSU and OSU without their head coach, and then won the playoff, all without Stallions helping anymore. Good job, good effort.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Top 10-15 CROOTS isn’t bad lol it isn’t like they rolled in there with a talent composite outside the top 25. Rank 7-15ish is pretty close on the composite, within 50 points. The next handful of spots drop 100 points. UW is 26, that’s including many of their key pieces being veterans from the 2019/2020 classes that were built as Peterson was on his way out. They're in trouble for the future.

One thing with the transfer portal era and NIL is that we should see a bit more talent spread out from just the top few teams. Bama and Georgia will still have a big advantage but the 12 team playoff should capture the 8-10 teams that realistically have a shot every year, should be FUN.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Fun counterfactual - what if OSU waited until today to leak sign gate?

Of course, they didn't, because they're (a) dumb as rocks and (b) truly believe that the only reason Michigan has been so good for 3 years is stealing signs. Instead, Michigan beat PSU and OSU without their head coach, and then won the playoff, all without Stallions helping anymore. Good job, good effort.

I guess they just threw all of wyld stallionz work in the trash when he was let go. Weird he was at the rose bowl game with winovich and in Houston for the championship. I wonder what he could've been doing there.

Probably a coincidence right?

You can try to spin it or use alternative facts all you want, fact is you only won because your coach who was about to be fired decided to start cheating his ass off. He will bail shortly and leave the program in shambles with a vacated *title.

Cool victory lap doe. Lol.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Nice try. I am enjoying the cope, though. I look forward to the new excuses at the end of this year.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Sure, buddy.

Pro tip - if you want to stop sounding like a moron, talk about things before everything broke. Not the games where everybody knew about sign gate. Buying into some OSU board fueled fantasy about Stallions feeding information to coaches after being fired is just getting high on your own supply. Hell, there's still a bunch of shady shit out there that nobody understands - why did Stallions and Corum own some Wyoming company together? Of course you latch onto the dumbest scenario instead! (I know reading subtext is hard for you, so I'll help you out. I'm saying you're dumb.)

Actually, thinking about it more, better tip - if you want to stop sounding like a moron, stop posting.