• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: Championship Week Thread- I've Seen All Good People

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Since games won doesn't matter... the 5-7 Illinois Fightin' Illini are you resteemed 2023 NCAA Champions!!

Brick

yeah also think about how many teams have choked to teams equiv or worse than florida/lousiville to end seasons with like heisman contender qbs. can prolly pick one out every year.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Why is ESPN responsible for this? Like I know all the talking points about money and them being SEC next year etc, but like how did they actually sway the committee? Errybody on their little pregame panel was saying it should be FSU except the idiot who ran out the back of the end zone.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
3Ts089F.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Your coach Cristobum, whatever happened there?

Lightningwar

Administrator
Why is ESPN responsible for this? Like I know all the talking points about money and them being SEC next year etc, but like how did they actually sway the committee? Errybody on their little pregame panel was saying it should be FSU except the idiot who ran out the back of the end zone.
They have been pushing for FSU to be left out since the Miami game. And I mean every show was discussing it. JT going down only allowed them more ammunition. They ramped it up all week before the conference championship games. To be fair Fox Sports was doing the same. At the end of the day ESPN and Fox Sports had a financial interest in getting their teams into the playoff. Michigan + Washington = B1G, Texas and Bama = SEC. The public narrative was set a month ago and they pushed it hard. Back channels were surely used as well. The idea of leaving out the SEC was unfathomable, they used JTs injury as the scapegoat.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
If Georgia wins though, Texas doesn’t replace fsu, right? I highly doubt there was a plan months in advance when Georgia was all but a lock.

And except for a 4th and 31 bammer isn’t in and if they beat Georgia, fsu is still in.

It sucks and people want someone to blame. The answer is blame the entire system. Of which espn is surely a part of but they didn’t have some big conspiracy to fuck fsu I don’t believe.

Lightningwar

Administrator
If Georgia wine though, Texas doesn’t replace fsu, right? I highly doubt there was a plan months in advance when Georgia was all but a lock.

And except for a 4th and 31 bammer isn’t in and if they beat Georgia, fsu is still in.

It sucks and people want someone to blame. The answer is blame the entire system. Of which espn is surely a part of but they didn’t have some big conspiracy to fuck fsu I don’t believe.

I have my doubts FSU is in and Tejas is out. They didnt want FSU starting at the end of Oct. it was a months long media blitz to keep an undefeated team out of the playoffs for two one loss teams. And while they used the Florida game as evidence FSU needed to be left out as you noted, Alabama was a miracle play away from losing to an Auburn team that got boatraced at home by New Mexico State. Does style points matter or not? Does winning the games matter or not? Depending on how to keep FSU out they will interchange them.

People blaming ESPN are blaming the system. We have a sport controlled by two media networks that own the rights to conferences and have a vested interest in making sure their teams are in. They script the narrative to make it happen. This has turned into a reality TV show. Yes I understand ESPN owns the ACC rights but their primary product and money maker is the SEC. The ACC was imo a defensive play to keep them away from Fox sports. And since signing the GOR 11 years ago ESPN has done everything in their power to keep the ACC second fiddle, including keeping their undefeated champion out of the fucking playoffs.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
So I had no idea that Boo Corrigan (anyone who willingly goes by "Boo" as an adult needs to be kicked in the nads, BTW) is the NC State AD. He's going to have his own athletic staff and fourteen other universities' be very pissed at him.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think it's funny that people tombout how they "don't want another TCU" blowout type game... when TCU had to beat Michigan in the semifinal, lol.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I think it's funny that people tombout how they "don't want another TCU" blowout type game... when TCU had to beat Michigan in the semifinal, lol.
Facts are minor inconveniences. It isnt like Bama wasnt blown out by Clemson in a championship game once. And TCU example doesnt even apply, they were a one loss without a conf championship. These shitbags will use whatever example at the time to excuse this travesty. This sport was supposed to be all about the regular season and every game counts. That every game count was suspect before but clearly bullshit today when a TV network needs it product on the field.