• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: Championship Week Thread- I've Seen All Good People

Mame YO

slings rocks
I just explained the playoff to my wife and she said two things: “Washington is undefeated?” And on FSU getting left out “that’s scandalous”

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
there's a massive difference between those, where the team who got their shit kicked in was at full strength, than there is serving up a team that can't pass for more than 60 yards in a game with either remaining QB and giving good defenses a month to plan for it.

On the other hand, Alabama needed a miracle muffed punt/4th and 31 combo to beat Auburn. The same inept Auburn that put up 200 total yards in a 21 point loss to New Mexico State the previous week.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'll happily eat crow if FSU comes out in their bowl game and puts up 34 points and wins.

fried rice

CFP insanity notwithstanding, I’ve seen LSU projected to play NC State in the Gator Bowl, or Iowa in the Citrus Bowl. I hope I don’t prompt a “come hard and come pissed” style rant @Wuf, but NC State would be kind of a bummer compared to the LSU vs. Iowa stoppable force/moveable object showdown.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Half the teams in the SBC would be competitive in the ACC. It's the softest P5 there is.

The problem is that Alabama beat Georgia in a CCG and FSU beat...Louisville lol.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Committee is a bunch of lizard boomers who want fireworks, not some 13-6 snoozefest. If you give them any discretion this is what happens. If the PALOFF was expanded to allow auto qualifiers plus a few at large this kind of situation wouldn't happen. We'd have other drama/scandals but the top would be inarguable.

:alwayshasbeen:

fried rice

Is the ACC really a power conference at this point? I think the takeaway is that FSU and Clemson will need to jump to the SEC or B1G to reliably compete for a title. Within 3 years there will be two super conferences breaking away to do their own thing. 6 SEC vs. 6 B1G with division champs + wild card spots.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, FSU went unbeaten and scheduled two of the better SEC programs. It's not their fault that Florida's corch is a bit confused and the ACC had a down year. This is just a message from ESPN to join the NEW MINOR LEAGUES or get fucked. Sport will be NASHNUL lite in 5-6 years

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I knew this year would be amazing, but an undefeated P5 getting left out is so good. @Mame YO - you still think Oregon would have been selected if they won? Texas and Bama got the most BLUE CHIPS and that's all that ever mattered! Logically Bama should have been left out

Bama winning set the following impenetrable trog trap.

1. You have to include Bama as the SEC champ...
2. The SEC champ lost at home to 1-loss Texass so you have to include them...

So you leave out FSU because they "aren't the best right now" because of injuries? hahahahahahah. Then why not include Georgia? They are BETTER on paper and EYEBALL test than any of the teams.

Brick

didnt even realize they put georgia behid flazzu. lmao

member last year non big 12 champ that struggled to win like half their games got in.

this was about texas and bama BRAND, nothing else

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
excited for one of the also rans to draw Liberty in a NY6, have all their best players opt out, and lose

fried rice

All u BCS haters looking like fools rn. At least the BCS made no pretense about letting it play out on the field. It was a much better system to dilute the opinions of the deplorable olds with computer rankings than to yield all power to a more concentrated group of olds. We could even have blockchain and chatGPT involved at this point.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
All u BCS haters looking like fools rn. At least the BCS made no pretense about letting it play out on the field. It was a much better system to dilute the opinions of the deplorable olds with computer rankings than to yield all power to a more concentrated group of olds. We could even have blockchain and chatGPT involved at this point.

Nobody here thinks the CFP is any better than the BCS at this point. We tombout this last year and the year before. Maybe even 3 years ago when they put the CFP games on New Years eve lol. This is a bad strawman.

You know what rules? The FCS playoffs. March Madness. The Champions League. The World Cup.

It either needs to be a larger field/format or go away. Or we keep getting ESPN picking teams for the ratings.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Is the ACC really a power conference at this point? I think the takeaway is that FSU and Clemson will need to jump to the SEC or B1G to reliably compete for a title. Within 3 years there will be two super conferences breaking away to do their own thing. 6 SEC vs. 6 B1G with division champs + wild card spots.
Basically what they said was the ACC is not a P5 conference. I hope FSU jumps to the B1G, fuck ESPN, I don't want them profiting off FSU.

digs

sun of nothing
just make a permanent playoff of 8 teams

Michigan
Texas
Bama
Flazzu
Georgia
Oklahoma
USC
tOSU

if u wanna play for a title u get CROOTED to one of these schools. No matter the record they are in the playoff

let the rest of us play for bowl games and AP/corches poll #1

Lightningwar

Administrator
I knew this year would be amazing, but an undefeated P5 getting left out is so good. @Mame YO - you still think Oregon would have been selected if they won? Texas and Bama got the most BLUE CHIPS and that's all that ever mattered! Logically Bama should have been left out

Bama winning set the following impenetrable trog trap.

1. You have to include Bama as the SEC champ...
2. The SEC champ lost at home to 1-loss Texass so you have to include them...

So you leave out FSU because they "aren't the best right now" because of injuries? hahahahahahah. Then why not include Georgia? They are BETTER on paper and EYEBALL test than any of the teams.

Exactly if field results dont matter through the regular season and it is eyeball test after championship weekend, why is FSU at #5 and not like #9 or #10? Why is UGA not in the playoff?

digs

sun of nothing
CFP where everything is made up and the points don't matter.

I wouldn't argue that FSU has any serious contention to win a title with the injuries but gotta let them lose on the field if the regular season matters, and if it doesn't lets drop the pretext and just award playoff spots to blue bloods/big $$ draws

digs

sun of nothing
it does make me happy to be an ASU fan, there is never any threat of heartbreak of being left out of the playoffs, well never be contending for a SHIP so let me just enjoy a 10 win season a few times a decade please

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
it does make me happy to be an ASU fan, there is never any threat of heartbreak of being left out of the playoffs, well never be contending for a SHIP so let me just enjoy a 10 win season a few times a decade please
Yeah I would believe that 2019 Minnesota was probably more FUN for me than any non championship season for BLUE BLOOD fans. Being randomly good once every fifty years is much more exciting than expecting it every year.

Lightningwar

Administrator
It's honestly a little surprising they took Texas instead of UGA

My conspiracy, allowed them to add an SEC team without directly adding an SEC and making this a total shitshow. Putting Bama and UGA in there instead of Tejas and FSU would make it way too obvious. But Texas is essentially SEC now anyways so let them play!