• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: Championship Week Thread- I've Seen All Good People

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah but they say the best 4. Not most deserving. That’s my point.
Here is the issue that isn't there with the rest, an undefeated P5 will absolutely claim a national title and if they are left out and win most people will recognize it. You don't need to be the best team in the country to be a national champion in college football, we've long established that. The whole thing with the playoff is to get out of that so they have to sacrifice FSU to Michigan.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
FSU was better than BAMMER this year, as shown by the fact they didn't lose any games and Bama lost to TEXASS . As such they are the best team.

Now because of injuries they suck but once you get into including off field reasons you can really justify anything. I don't think Washington deserves to be in because their flight would be too long, better put Georgia in instead!

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Here is the issue that isn't there with the rest, an undefeated P5 will absolutely claim a national title and if they are left out and win most people will recognize it. You don't need to be the best team in the country to be a national champion in college football, we've long established that. The whole thing with the playoff is to get out of that so they have to sacrifice FSU to Michigan.
That’s not gonna matter. Teams have always done that. That’s part of college football

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That’s not gonna matter. Teams have always done that. That’s part of college football
You don't think that would bother the playoff committee that they couldn't pick the national champion in a playoff?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The champion would be the winner of the playoff. The team on the outside claiming something would just hang their sad banner. It wouldn’t be official.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The champion would be the winner of the playoff. The team on the outside claiming something would just hang their sad banner. It wouldn’t be official.
In this case it definitely would though, they need to lose or they will be 2023 national champions

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
And if by chance Bama/Texas wins then FSU will be the sole claimants and Bama/Texas would have to hang their sad banner. Do you think Bama/Texas would mind doing that? FSU won't either

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Yeah going through the acc and beating Louisville and fucking ole miss or somebody in the cotton bowl is sure ship worthy.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I’m only debating your claim that a team claiming their fake ship is a deterrent. It isn’t.
Well it would be a real one no matter what, and even more so if Michigan/Warshington doesn't win the playoff. FSU didn't lose so in the worst case if they win a bowl game they are co-champions. I think if Bama/Texas win the playoff they'd still have one loss, but I may be mistaken

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Well it would be a real one no matter what, and even more so if Michigan/Warshington doesn't win the playoff. FSU didn't lose so in the worst case if they win a bowl game they are co-champions. I think if Bama/Texas win the playoff they'd still have one loss, but I may be mistaken
But this isn’t the bowls anymore. The champion is the winner of the playoff. Am I wrong? Isn’t that what they’ve said?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
But this isn’t the bowls anymore. The champion is the winner of the playoff. Am I wrong? Isn’t that what they’ve said?
Not if they leave out an undefeated P5 team that wins their bowl. Especially if a 1 loss team wins the playoff. They haven't done that before. I think if the 4 team playoff was continuing they might say "fuck it, we'll have Bama" but they only have this year to not fuck it up. You're leaving out a 1 loss SEC shamp who lost to the only 1 loss that gets in.

They may still have Bama jump FSU, but it's a very easy decision not to unless SEC

If they leave FSU out they're getting Georgia to make sure they don't win

Skeeter

Uber felon
If I'm Texas, bammer, and UGA I'm on every TV and radio station stumping that Michigan should be left out because they cheated and will be vacating any wins they get this season anyway.

I'm rather shocked nobody has taken that approach.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I think we will end up missing this shit once it ends up in nfl style playoffs with auto bids. This drama is exciting.

I can see it eventually being sec East and west with 16 teams on each side and big east and west with 16 on each side. 16 team playoff.

Brick

why do people keep bringing this up it has literally never been true in the history of the paloff lol. its as empty as any BIDNESS mission and vision.

they arent leaving out an undefeated SEC champ.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
FSU should get in 100. I think the argument is between Texas and Bammer and there’s a H2H to make that decision easy. I don’t see them leaving out an SEC team though so I’m guessing we will get some bs about how they are a different team now

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
why do people keep bringing this up it has literally never been true in the history of the paloff lol. its as empty as any BIDNESS mission and vision.

they arent leaving out an undefeated SEC champ.
I don’t know if it has or hasn’t. I’m just saying it because that’s literally what their bylaws say.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Not if they leave out an undefeated P5 team that wins their bowl. Especially if a 1 loss team wins the playoff. They haven't done that before. I think if the 4 team playoff was continuing they might say "fuck it, we'll have Bama" but they only have this year to not fuck it up. You're leaving out a 1 loss SEC shamp who lost to the only 1 loss that gets in.

They may still have Bama jump FSU, but it's a very easy decision not to unless SEC

If they leave FSU out they're getting Georgia to make sure they don't win

Does anyone consider 2004 Auburn a national champion?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
In the end if Bama jumps FSU I won't complain from a viewing standpoint, I'd much rather get Michigan Bama than Michigan FSU. If they jump Texas and FSU stays in it's going to be insane though.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I feel like the 4-team CFP will be a failure if it’s anyone other than Michigan/Washington/FSU/Texas. Three one-loss teams - can’t put Georgia over Bama due to HtH, can’t put Bama over Texas due to HtH. Should be obvious.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Next year they should scrap conference championship games and just make everyone play 10 conference games instead.

Sure, if you win the conference championship game you’re probably in the top 4 and get a bye week but if you don’t play in the conference championship you get a week off anyway and get a 5-12 match up instead that’s arguably just as good if not better than the bye. Plus with the 5-12 you’d get a home game instead of neutral site.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Imagine

Michigan undefeated
Ohio state 1 loss to Michigan
Oregon and Washington each with 1 loss (say, Oregon to Michigan, Washington to Oregon for argument’s sake)

Ohio state-Michigan conference championship
Ohio state loses

Michigan, Oregon, Washington make the 12 team playoff. Ohio state left out.

Mame YO

slings rocks
As is there will be too many B1G members that don’t play each other. The clusterfuck of multiple 0-1 loss teams lol. How do you decide who goes to the shampionship game? And then the teams that miss the shampionship game go to the playoff anyway?