• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Week 8 Thread - Spiderwebs

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Some of y’all with revisionist history in here though I think. 18 months ago errybody saying how tennessee isn’t even a top half of the SEC jerb after 3-7 and 35 players transferring out and getting spurned by every corch they went after.

“Tennessee should just take schiano and be happy. Tn should be happy anybody wants that jerb” Pepperidge farm remembers.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Some of y’all with revisionist history in here though I think. 18 months ago errybody saying how tennessee isn’t even a top half of the SEC jerb after 3-7 and 35 players transferring out and getting spurned by every corch they went after.

“Tennessee should just take schiano and be happy. Tn should be happy anybody wants that jerb” Pepperidge farm remembers.

That's why I added the qualifier that they had a real shot at CFP every year. Bad Tennessee isn't a good job, good Tennessee is.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Idk if I was an SEC corch that had a good year or two, but Bama and Georgia show no signs of slowing down… I take a similar jerb in a lesser conference for more money. USC will need a new corch in a couple years. FSU maybe.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That's why I added the qualifier that they had a real shot at CFP every year. Bad Tennessee isn't a good job, good Tennessee is.
Apparently bad tn is still a good jerb because you get paid millions to do nothing other than be an intern on saban’s staff.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Apparently bad tn is still a good jerb because you get paid millions to do nothing other than be an intern on saban’s staff.
Well it's a stepping stone progrum. It's like any other P5 school in that whether or not it works depends on continued success. The difference is it's not Kentucky, it's Tennessee. There are only a handful of progrums like Tennessee and he's already at one. If you're already winning somewhere like that idk what would make a lateral move worth it unless it's your alma mater but Stoops fucked that up.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Well it's a stepping stone progrum. It's like any other P5 school in that whether or not it works depends on continued success. The difference is it's not Kentucky, it's Tennessee. There are only a handful of progrums like Tennessee and he's already at one. If you're already winning somewhere like that idk what would make a lateral move worth it unless it's your alma mater but Stoops fucked that up.
Yeah I agree with this and it’s pretty much what I said I think. There are 6-10 jobs that are more prestigious and easier to keep rolling.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
First, no to aTm. Idk what made you write that but it offends everyone.

Easier to keep rolling part of this? Because Florida/LSU maybe but SEC to SEC seems sketch. Texas can't win in the Big XII much less SEC, we'll see how OU does but they are out for now because of stoops. Bama definitely not because he'd be going post saban and going from UT to Bama seems like a stretch. Georgia probably unless we're realistic in saying it's 5-10 years down the road because KIRBY isn't leaving and if UT has continued success at that point they are on Georgia's level. Auburn no, definitely not. FSU no.

So OSU/Meatchicken/USC basically because the BIG is easier to win in?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Those schools lack of success currently just shows you how poorly they have been mismanaged. The same way tn was.

Now look at the corches they hired while they sucked and look at the corches tn hired while they sucked. Tn couldnt sniff Jimbo, Lincoln Riley, got spurned by Mullen who chose Florida, couldn’t sniff Brian Kelly. Tn had to hire Dooley, Pruitt, bitch jones dude. Don’t blow smoke up muh bum now, homie.

Edit

Also I’m not saying all of those schools Heupel would leave for. Just that they are considered more prestigious and/or easier to win at.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Those schools lack of success currently just shows you how poorly they have been mismanaged. The same way tn was.

Now look at the corches they hired while they sucked and look at the corches tn hired while they sucked. Tn couldnt sniff Jimbo, Lincoln Riley, got spurned by Mullen who chose Florida, couldn’t sniff Brian Kelly. Tn had to hire Dooley, Pruitt, bitch jones dude. Don’t blow smoke up muh bum now, homie.

Okay but in this scenario UT continues this success (a big if, granted) and is in position to contend every year. Why would he go to Texas/Florida/LSU when they are not winning? What do those schools offer that a winning Tennessee can't? I can see an argument to go to the BIG because it's an easier slate but if he keeps UT rolling no other SEC school is any better because the two that are make no sense to go to.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I'm asking what schools are better than a winning Tennessee and there are very few. Hell any consistently winning SEC progrum goes straight to the top. Any SEC team is hard to win at so that doesn't change by going to Bama, Saban is just a football god. So like I said I can understand an arugment for BIG teams because it's an easier schedule, but going SEC to SEC seems lateral if you're already winning there. I still don't understand why LSU and Florida would be easier to keep rolling than UT though. If Heupel has another couple of years like this he'll be drowning in all the CROOTS he could ever dream of.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Even when tn was good, they hired lane kiffin. They didn’t roll out some proven bad ass corch. The two best corches in history are former players who grew up in TN. It’s part of why I love the program, but they can’t just hire anyone they want.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
They can if Heupel wins for another 2-3 years and jets for the NFL as long as he leaves the CUPBOARD FULL

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They can hopefully do better than recent history, but they still couldn’t poach from another high profile school like those others did.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If Heupel is actually legit and this continues they can if they put the money down. They won't steal anyone from the top 5 progrums because that's unrealistic but they could probably pick whoever they want from the rest.

I think your view depends on Heupel regressing to the mean and dropping 3-4 games every year which is fair. I'm saying if they are CFP contenders every year depending on how Bama/Georgia games go, they are in a much better position than you think they are.

Mame YO

slings rocks
@bruin @bruin228 whichever one of you cares… tell me about ur guys what does ur team suck at?

Oregon D struggles in pass defense. Our OLBs can’t pressure and they can’t contain. They’re slow to respond to short outside passes. The nickel guy gives up big plays every game too. Our D line is good. Sewell is good but sometimes over runs the play.

Oregon O has a poor success rate on 3rd & long but is otherwise borderline elite. They are definitely elite running the ball. The offensive line rarely misses their assignments in the run or the pass. If you’ll get 3rd and long and sit back in coverage, we might see some BO PIX. If you commit too many to the pass rush Bo is gonna kill you’ll.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I mean, tbh the corners just aren’t that good in general. Force out the dime package and you’ll will dink and dunk all over the field.

Last edited:

Lightningwar

Administrator
FSU wont fire Norvell until after the 2023 season at the earliest due to Taggarts buyout being done in Jan 2024.. I think he would get through 2024 if they continue to win 5ish games. With that said they have shown good progress and have a legit shot at 8 wins this year. Many may not realize the triple whammy of Fisher letting the program rot from within due to infighting with administration and boosters, the administration being completely incompetent(Stan Wilcox, James Thrasher combo), and then the cherry on top of Willie Taggarts mismangement for just how bad a position FSU was in 2019. Then just for fun COVID hits with a new coach trying to clean it up without spring ball and the ability to recruit face to face. They look middle of the road this year which is light years from bottom of the ditch 2 years ago.

coogrfan

obama-wtf.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
@bruin @bruin228 whichever one of you cares… tell me about ur guys what does ur team suck at?

Oregon D struggles in pass defense. Our OLBs can’t pressure and they can’t contain. They’re slow to respond to short outside passes. The nickel guy gives up big plays every game too. Our D line is good. Sewell is good but sometimes over runs the play.

Oregon O has a poor success rate on 3rd & long but is otherwise borderline elite. They are definitely elite running the ball. The offensive line rarely misses their assignments in the run or the pass. If you’ll get 3rd and long and sit back in coverage, we might see some BO PIX. If you commit too many to the pass rush Bo is gonna kill you’ll.

Everything

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
In KNOXVEGAS wearing some Very Sad! and very Chinese made CHOKIES gear at the Tennessee Taproom. Smoking hot black chick pulled up in this blasting Hank Williams Jr’s “Whisky Bent and Hellbound”. Have her the thumbs up to the custom work and she told me she hopes the CHOKIES lose by 100. Somebody send my cats herre because this is heaven babby!
98AA6774-523F-46C6-8E5B-B23923C80557.jpegA07A99AA-7C61-45A0-9B0E-F84C03DB93DA.jpeg

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
That “SEC: it just means more” line really needs an addition of “and we just weigh more too”. Haven’t seen this many LAND WHALES surviving on Big Pharma and government largess in one place since last month when I got stuck at Hartsfield for a layover flying commercial like you lol P00rz. How these fats manage to also reproduce additional future quarter tonners is a real testament to the wonder of the human body.