• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 Season: Week 8 Thread - Spiderwebs

Mame YO

slings rocks
like I said, I was mostly making a throwaway comment about RANKED AT THE TIME and then somehow found ma'self defending my argument as it was interpreted in various ways as somehow ragging on TN, or being a homer for Oregon. lol

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Mame whenever he sees the chance to start an argument about pointless bullshit on this dying vine

58f5c8affcb93430de0fb8f12fab85fa.jpg

Brick

oregon will lose at least 3 and has no shot at the playoffs. what we talking about here.

even if they were 12-1, which they won't be, georgia loss was an absolute undressing where oregon didn't score a TD and georgia literally scored a TD on every possession but their last (backups in, and they even scored a TD with backups the drive before). it was an absolute no-show.

Mame YO

slings rocks
why are we talking about the ducks lol

If you must though, I have Oregon losing to UCLA and then running the table on the remainder of the regular season, headed to the PAC shampionship against USC or UCLA. It's hard to lose to the same team twice in the same year but they probably lose to UCLA again unless they find some DBs between the seat cushions.

Brick

UCLA fans talking shit heading into this week is so adorable.

this guy the most sensitive oregon chud. blocked BAKERSDADDY a long time ago when i was ribbing him about CRISTOBUM having the SOCAL OL pipeline MARKET CORNERED.

Brick

tennessee really lucky to have scheduled ut martin this week and not a potential letdown game. dont the SEC programs usually schedule their BUM OOC opponent like week 12? works out well.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I do think people are being a bit harsh on Oregon for losing to Georgia with a completely new corching staff, offensive and defensive systems and a bunch of transfers though. Haters gon' hate

Brick

I do think people are being a bit harsh on Oregon for losing to Georgia with a completely new corching staff, offensive and defensive systems and a bunch of transfers though. Haters gon' hate
they didn't just lose to georgia. they looked like an FCS team that literally could not stop georgia or score on georgia at all. plus they had a corch that knew everything about UGA and couldn't even pull a single trick out of his hat. that is the problem.

bruin

Looks like UCLA is getting the "And hold on, we've got No. [Top 15 ranking] UCLA still to come later tonight at 7 pm" treatment.

Mame YO

slings rocks
they didn't just lose to georgia. they looked like an FCS team that literally could not stop georgia or score on georgia at all. plus they had a corch that knew everything about UGA and couldn't even pull a single trick out of his hat. that is the problem.
Again, I think people are being harsh about that loss given the circumstances. I don't think I'm being unreasonable or being too much of a homer when I withhold judgement. Oregon is a good team. They're good and running the ball and stopping the run, and the offense is doing really well in general. They have some good players. The roster overall is young. I'm not trying to be a LANNING IS MY GUY homer, but I don't think that one game should define his tenure or Oregon's season. They have a solid shot at winning the PAC (again) and a good bowl. I continue to be pessimistic with their chances this weekend because of their porous passing D, but I also wasn't calling for the NATTY this season either.

Brick

oregon isn't playing a bunch of transfers. tell me why people should be lenient when they literally could not have played worse on defense with the former UGA DC who knew everything about the personnel and coaches on UGA's offense.

your argument may hold water if it was even 49-22 or something. they looked like dogshit.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I’m not trying to build Oregon up as a world beater either, I’m just saying that they aren’t trash as how they’ve been portrayed this season. I gave some stats, they’re a good team on paper. They had a really bad loss in their first game of the season with an all new staff, systems, etc.

The way you guys talk, they’re the worst team in the top 25. I actually think their current ranking is close to accurate. They’re likely to finish top 15 imo.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator

Looks like UCLA is getting the "And hold on, we've got No. [Top 15 ranking] UCLA still to come later tonight at 7 pm" treatment.

Prehm too stupid to realize that’s when people actually watch the pac 10 games. Nobody watching Oregon vs Stanford when lsu Florida and Penn st and Ohio st are on at the same time.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon fans are a bit sensitive about USC because every year Oregon is in contention for the conference shampionship and nobody really cares, but USC goes 3-0 once every few years and THEY’RE BACK BABBY.

Mame YO

slings rocks
So it’s just the name brand corch taking over the name brand progrum and CROOTS click?

I mean, they looked like ass vs da beavs and lost to Utah. I keep turning on their games and keep seeing their ass. 6-1 in which their only ranked opponent beat them and they needed a 14 point 4th quarter comeback to beat the Beavs (in a game they won 17-14 lol)? All this hype happening despite zero on the field success and even as the same people are trashing Oregon for losing to UGA lol. See what I mean about Oregon fans being sensitive about this topic lol?

@Brick you might remember, in Oregon we have the Californians always going around lording their teams. It’s all ERRRRZZZZZ and SC BABBY over here, kill me pete.

Dye is a beast doe, it would’ve been pretty sweet if Oregon was able to keep him.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
So it’s just the name brand corch taking over the name brand progrum and CROOTS click?

I mean, they looked like ass vs da beavs and lost to Utah. I keep turning on their games and keep seeing their ass. 6-1 in which their only ranked opponent beat them and they needed a 14 point 4th quarter comeback to beat the Beavs (in a game they won 17-14 lol)? All this hype happening despite zero on the field success and even as the same people are trashing Oregon for losing to UGA lol. See what I mean about Oregon fans being sensitive about this topic lol?

@Brick you might remember, in Oregon we have the Californians always going around lording their teams. It’s all ERRRRZZZZZ and SC BABBY over here, kill me pete.

Dye is a beast doe, it would’ve been pretty sweet if Oregon was able to keep him.

Could have had more to do with Caleb Williams and the Biletnikoff winner that transferred from Pitt (pre-injury), just maybe.

Brick

ur done mame. saying dye is one of the two reasons they were hyped is the opinion of a complete homer or someone who is not paying attention at all.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I was also just sad that Dye left more than anything. Although whenever I turn on one of their games he is just conveniently crushing it again lol.

Brick

oregon went from being consistently underrated before the disaster taggart hire to consistently overrated in the CROOTS CLICK CRISTOBUM era. no room to talk about empty hype. number below are +/- based on poll finish vs. preseason ranking.
oregon has won 1 pac12 title (2020 does not count they were awful) since helfrich was fired. same as USC. UW has 2. they can stfu.

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
Why are we using the Helfrich firing specifically? Because of your underrated to overrated thesis re: Oregon? My argument is basically dependent on looking at USC as a complete picture since Pete Carroll left.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I see why you would go that route and it’s been a bit rough! Oregon has been a stepping stone for a few least coast corches.

In order for my “usc is always back babby” thesis to make sense though I need the multiple cycles of corches getting hyped after a decent season, hyped for most of the following season, and then getting fired after losing in the Las Vegas bowl or the Sun bowl.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I thought you watched da games doe. USC always back babby is basically the standard media coverage of USC. That’s, like, their whole schtick.

I’m not going to go back and quantify positive usc media coverage for you in an excel spreadsheet or anything but I did make a quick “usc is back” google search and found this dec 2011 article in like 10 seconds lol

USC Football: No. 5 AP Ranking Signifies Trojans Are All the Way Back