• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-2022: Bowl Season Edition Thread

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
This Iowa qb is trash. I don’t understand how you overthrow a guy wide open by 20 yards. It wasn’t even close lol. I promise you I could have made that throw at 45 years of age hungover and drunk with a pizza slider in my
right hand.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Bryce Young is from Pasadena
Both QB’s in the Rose Bowl today are from Ventura and Rancho Cucomonga.
Corral went to the prestigious Long Beach Poly.

Teams have raided So Cal with USC and UCLA being so down. 20 years ago Clemson or Bama weren’t even stepping foot on Mater Dei’s campus. Unless a random recruit from like De La Salle going to Tennessee @Southpaw or Ken Yon Rambo goin to Ohio State.

So Cal schools gotta step up and keep those CROOTS home..

Young was a SC commit until he saw SC's coaching staff up close. SC CROOTING him was a big reason they never even offered DJ Uiagalelei. (Yes, he's been ass at Klimpson, but to not even offer a 5-star dude in your own backyard seems crazy).

SC and UCLA over the past 10 years (and 25 for Juicy) have basically turned themselves into Cal/Stanford academically, and athletically the trend has followed. Had SC not stumbled on Pete Carroll, they'd likely be in the same boat, with maybe getting a small handful of players drafted in the late rounds, and every handful of years putting together a respectable 8-4 season, but that's about it.

There's no reason SC and Juicy shouldn't be Top 15 programs every year if they keep the bulk of SoCal talent at home, but when those schools have basically made themselves into All-Asian academic nerd schools whose studeny bodies largely don't care about sports, let alone footbaw - it ain't hard to see why the talent wants to go where "They jus' care more."

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Seems like the vast majority of teams not in the playoff end up missing a good chunk of their roster for bowl games. Nothing new anymore.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It would be nice if they fixed the season/offseason schedule. What is the practical reason that the off-season can’t start after the championship game is played?

bruin

SC and UCLA over the past 10 years (and 25 for Juicy) have basically turned themselves into Cal/Stanford academically, and athletically the trend has followed. Had SC not stumbled on Pete Carroll, they'd likely be in the same boat, with maybe getting a small handful of players drafted in the late rounds, and every handful of years putting together a respectable 8-4 season, but that's about it.

Spot on. Honestly, since Pete Dalis left in the late 90’s UCLA has been pretty much content on being a Olympics sport school like Stanford.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
These teams are both choking simultaneously. Gonna cause some kinda football singularity

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Brick and co. just don't want to fall into the mong discussion about CROOTIN because most people who talk about it are complete morons, even if the discussion itself is valid. The top level of the SEC is dominant because their blue chip ratio is higher than everyone else's and, like kella said, as long as they don't have a total tard for a corch they'll be in the playoff and probably winning it all. Hell, LSU did have a total tard for a corch and still won the whole thing.

Hey, I have a name