• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

R2D2

I thought the Iggles would struggle to win 5 games, yet here they are at 3-0 and Wentz has already surpassed McNabb's legacy in Philly.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I thought the Iggles would struggle to win 5 games, yet here they are at 3-0 and Wentz has already surpassed McNabb's legacy in Philly.
So I see why people say iggles fans are so fickle. McNabb took them to 4 straight nfc championship games and a Super Bowl but Wentz is already being called the goat after 3 games?

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
does Reid still run the same system in KC that he did in Philly? srs question

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I thought McNabb was extremely overrated. I also thought the same of Chicken Parm. Self-loathing racist?

You probably never thought you and Rush Limbaugh would have one thing in common. :}

McNabb was a good QB. He was a darker, more talented and more productive version of Alex Smith (another Andy Reid protégé).

Took care of the ball, ran when needed for 1st downs and was the best offensive player on some very good Eagles teams.

Borderline HOF when you take a look at his stats. I don't think he belongs in the HOF, but he should be considered:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McNaDo00.htm

CJ_24

Something that may be of note (warning the following will be incredibly boring)--

Today the Court granted cert in the case Lee v. Tam. Essentially some dense rock band attempted to trademark their band name, "the slants." The Trademark Office told them to kick rocks because there is a provision of the relevant federal law that basically allows the USTO to deny a trademark that contains racial epithets ("[c]onsists of . . . matter which may disparage . . . persons, living or dead, institutions, beliefs, or national symbols, or bring them into contempt, or disrepute."). Naturally "the slants" filed a lawsuit claiming that this provision of federal law violates their First Amendment right to free speech.

Naturally you ask, why should we care? Why the hell is CJ posting this in the NFL thread? Have the Supreme Court briefs scrambled his brain? The answer is the Washington Redskins. If the Court upholds this provision, the Washington Redskins could lose the trademark of their logo (which, I believe is currently the subject of a lawsuit based on the same provision. And that suit is, I think, currently stayed in the Fourth Circuit). An outcome that upholds the law will basically force the 'skins to change the name of their footbaw team.

That's why you may care. That's why this is in the NFL thread. And it is probably true that the Supreme Court briefs have "warped my fragile little mind."

also, obligatory:

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
When McNabb runs toward the camera he looks like Vince McMahon

biDFHU0.gif

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
No this is great.

When I get home at 4 am wake up at noon the London game is in the 4th q. I like football the best when it is in the 4th q.