• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2019 Prem / Farewell Stoke Threade - who ate all the pies?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Arsenal going to get their 3-0 loss to city out of the way in the first week! Hallelujah

NML

This offside trap by West Ham is sexy

It’s a shame Salah will never repeat his form from last year despite just entering his prime with the same coach, same tactics, and same (or better) teammates as last year

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
A defensive midfielder hurt in the 4th minute. This is arsenal!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It is really amazing that Emery did the Wenger thing and played Yaya Sanogo V9.0 instead of Lucas Torreira who started on a World Cup Quarter Finalist and has years of Serie A experience

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
By the looks of this at least Wenger threw some punches before going down... And they're only going to give him the players that they give him. Neville talking as if Emery's going to fix it in transfers, which is just not true as it's not his job.

NML

To be fair, Liverpool haven’t won a trophy that matters in twelve years, though I agree with his point that getting to the CL finals is more impressive than anything Spurs have done.

Why don’t Spurs spend more money? Just everything going towards the new stadium? Or is the wage bill killing them?

Have they not bought a single player? Wasn’t it Chelsea like four years back who won the league, brought in no one of note, and then got tenth or something? Always need something better coming in

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
To be fair, Liverpool haven’t won a trophy that matters in twelve years, though I agree with his point that getting to the CL finals is more impressive than anything Spurs have done.

Why don’t Spurs spend more money? Just everything going towards the new stadium? Or is the wage bill killing them?

Have they not bought a single player? Wasn’t it Chelsea like four years back who won the league, brought in no one of note, and then got tenth or something? Always need something better coming in

Other than another striker, who would they buy? Even then, no top class player is going to come in to be obvious second-fiddle to Kane.

NML

Well if they just want to be in the discussion for top four and be no real threat in Europe, I guess no one?

Super weird to just have a decent year and not try and get better. Y’all know they are pulling in like a billion dollars in TV money right?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Well if they just want to be in the discussion for top four and be no real threat in Europe, I guess no one?

Super weird to just have a decent year and not try and get better. Y’all know they are pulling in like a billion dollars in TV money right?

I just don't see a lot of guys in that lineup where there are realistic upgrades who could be bought or would come in just to be a rotation option. Spurs aren't going to pay a guy 200k squigglies per week to fill that role. Several of the backups were injured for a lot of last season and I'm sure they want to get some of the younger guys like Winks and Kyle Walker 2.0 more playing time, too. It either works, or it goes Spursy and @whiteyc_77 gets all aggro. We'll see which it is!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Other than another striker, who would they buy? Even then, no top class player is going to come in to be obvious second-fiddle to Kane.

Huh? Tottenham has a really solid team, but the only players they probably can't upgrade on are Kane and Trippier. Unless they truly think all of their players will take a 23 point step forward at the same time, they're going to be stuck in the top 4 and not doing much else of note.

Maybe the players are too expensive, but they seemed to be ready to spend 20+M squiggles on Jack Grealish. I really don't get it. Why not go for someone like Seri? Tottenham certainly have more spending power that Inter or Milan, but Tottenham's business doesn't hold a candle to those two.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
With stoke gone, give me the most boring team of Route 1 clods who will eek out 1-0 wins and countless 1-2 moral victories each week so I can post here

NML

I just don't see a lot of guys in that lineup where there are realistic upgrades who could be bought or would come in just to be a rotation option. Spurs aren't going to pay a guy 200k squigglies per week to fill that role. Several of the backups were injured for a lot of last season and I'm sure they want to get some of the younger guys like Winks and Kyle Walker 2.0 more playing time, too. It either works, or it goes Spursy and @whiteyc_77 gets all aggro. We'll see which it is!

They couldn’t use a Keita/Fred/Jorginho type as an upgrade to Dier? Or a younger striker who you don’t have to pay a huge salary to but that’s better than the corpse of Llorrente?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

If they couldn't upgrade then surely they would be winning something?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
They couldn’t use a Keita/Fred/Jorginho type as an upgrade to Dier? Or a younger striker who you don’t have to pay a huge salary to but that’s better than the corpse of Llorrente?

I think Dier is pretty good, and most clubs aren't going to rush out and try to replace an English star. And signing some Eredivisie top scorer or 19 year-old striker from Le Havre always works out...

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Manchester United

Mourinho would love this. 1-0 wins and close losses where he can throw a player (Pogba) under the bus in the post game interview.

NML

I think Dier is pretty good, and most clubs aren't going to rush out and try to replace an English star. And signing some Eredivisie top scorer or 19 year-old striker from Le Havre always works out...

This isn’t West Brom. Why do Spurs have to buy anything outside of the top ten 19 year old strikers?

Get Arp off Hamburg in the second division. Maxi Gómez? The Celtic Dembélé? They couldn’t beat out Inter for Lautaro Martínez?

Their whole team minus like three are all just “pretty good”