• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

NML

Man this shit with Fisher is lighting my TL up

Wow

Give us the story. Whoever said Fisher was a cuck is right doe. There’s a reason he’s not around here anymore

So basically 15 teams are more or less in and it’s down to that Nuggs/TWolves game?

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Apparently when he first started at that site he freelances for (not sure if he's full time or whatever), a couple other more well known pelicans bloggers tried helping him out.

Well he allegedly took one guys post on a message board, wrote an article and is accused of plagiarizing it. When the dude confronted him asking why he didn't at least give credit to the place where he got the information, allegedly fish played dumb and acted like he didn't do it and said something to the effect of the information was similar but not a direct rip off or something like that.

I've followed both of them for quite some time and I started to notice that whenever fish would post something, the other dude would sub tweet in reference to his post.i just didn't realize he was talking about fish because the dude tends to take issue with national people who try and make these hot takes about the pelicans without doing their due diligence.

He didn't say this but this is an example. Everyone (national outlets) gave the pelicans shit for cutting Casspi last year even he got hurt to open up a roster spot, but no one is saying anything about Golden State who just cut Casspi to make room for Cook because Casspi is hurt.

I just think this whole thing is crazy

Wolfman21

I'm going to assume this is about RUSS needing 34 rebounds in his last two games to average a triple double for the second consecutive season.

18 boards tonight. I'm going to go ahead and predict 16 vs. Memphis.

How many of those were/will be off of missed free throws? Lol

Reel

Community Liaison
LEGGO

Haven’t followed the last few months closely but here’s my predictions

East
Celtics
Cavs
Wizards
Raptors
Bucks
Hornets
Heat
76ers

West
Warriors
Houston
Spurs
OKC
TWolves
Blazers
Clippers
Pelicans

Cavs in 7 over C’s
GS in 5 over Rockets

GS sweeps

Leonard gets MVP
Tatum for ROY

this was actually pretty close...damn near verbatim

no one saw all the horrific injuries happening this year, so no flack for the Kwahi prediction. I still think Harden has the year he has even with a healthy Kwahi tho

Even if Ben Simmons wasnt classified as a rookie, Donovan Mitchell clearly outplayed Tatum, but Tatum did have a great rookie campaign, but again, i think the guess based on the info at the time was a good one

Good job sir

Reactions: NML

Reel

Community Liaison
This is the year the pels win the jrue trade

I was right!!! HA

but Philly, in an unconventional way, ended up "winning" this trade too

while they didnt get anything from Noel, they didnt allow themselves to be hamstrung by his ineffectiveness and let him walk

but JRUE tho?!?!?

LAWD!!! He had hisself damn near a career year i think. He should def get some nba all defense nods.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wait a dude shooting 55% from 3 in a non small ballers professional league (albeit the G League) couldn't get a call up over the rest of the bums the llllllakers trotted out?

hahahaha

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Oh I know it just makes all those "no we aren't tanking" claims all the more ridiculous

NML

I don’t think they were tanking, since they don’t have a first round pick. They just aren’t any good, at all

Reel

Community Liaison
Wait a dude shooting 55% from 3 in a non small ballers professional league (albeit the G League) couldn't get a call up over the rest of the bums the llllllakers trotted out?

hahahaha

What's interesting is that he was with their g league affiliate for 6 years.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
You ain't seen a picture of me lately breh. You imagining me?

Brick

Just tuned into the Pelicans on the local station for the first time this season. Do they really call them the PELS every single fucking time? I couldn't take it.