• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
HOT TAKE ALERT

How does it compare to 12 wins at Ball State?

hokewelp_medium.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
But seriously, let's look at coaches in the MAC who have won 10+ games in the last decade:

• Brady Hoke
  • Butch Jones
  • Jerry Kill
  • Michael Haywood
  • Dave Doeren
  • Darrell Hazell
  • Frank Solich
  • Dave Clawson
  • Pete Lembo
  • Rod Carey
  • Dino Babers
  • Matt Campbell
  • PJ Fleck

Real bunch of coaching luminaries there!

NML

But seriously, let's look at coaches in the MAC who have won 10+ games in the last decade:

• Brady Hoke
  • Butch Jones
  • Jerry Kill
  • Michael Haywood
  • Dave Doeren
  • Darrell Hazell
  • Frank Solich
  • Dave Clawson
  • Pete Lembo
  • Rod Carey
  • Dino Babers
  • Matt Campbell
  • PJ Fleck

Real bunch of coaching luminaries there!

It’s almost like winning 10 games at a mid major isn’t really a telltale sign of being a great corch

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
But seriously, winning 10+ games in the Mountain West/WAC with a team not named BYU, TCU, Fresno State, or Boise State is much more impressive than doing it with any school in the MAC. The MAC is awesome, but it's awesome because there isn't much difference in talent between all of the teams. The Mountain West/WAC has a very established hierarchy, and teams like San Jose State are always shitty.

It's definitely a HOT TAKE for me to say I'd take MacIntyre over Miles, but having watched a decent amount of both of their teams, give me MacIntyre any day of the week. The many ways Miles found to squander talent were crazy. MacIntyre runs an interesting offense that actually uses his talent effectively. Put MacIntyre at LSU and he would at least equal Miles' record.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Les Miles at CU would basically be this year but even worse on offense. We probably would've lost to someone unimaginably terrible like CSU.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
https://seceverywhere.com/2017/10/05/ed-orgeron-still-thinks-they-lost-to-alabama-last-week/

All of Lousiana was shocked and disturbed following LSU’s defeat to Troy at home last week. However, there was one person who didn’t seem to bothered by it: head coach Ed Orgeron. That’s because Orgeron remains convinced that the red colored team from the state of Alabama that beat him was the Crimson Tide. Unfortunately, no one on the team has had the guts to tell him who they really were.
“We gave a great effort out there and I’m so proud of my guys, it’s just tough to compete with a team like that,” said Orgeron after the Troy game. “We tried our best, but when the other team so clearly has the better athletes and coaching staff, there’s only so much you can do.” The coach even told his players in the locker room post-game speech to expect to see that team again in the playoffs.
Why hasn’t anyone at LSU corrected Ed Orgeron yet? “We just feel that, at this point, the less he knows about what’s going on the better,” said athletic director Joe Alleva. “I told him that next week we’re going to Florida to play the Jaguars, and then we have a bye week to prepare for Golden State.”

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
But seriously, winning 10+ games in the Mountain West/WAC with a team not named BYU, TCU, Fresno State, or Boise State is much more impressive than doing it with any school in the MAC. The MAC is awesome, but it's awesome because there isn't much difference in talent between all of the teams. The Mountain West/WAC has a very established hierarchy, and teams like San Jose State are always shitty.

It's definitely a HOT TAKE for me to say I'd take MacIntyre over Miles, but having watched a decent amount of both of their teams, give me MacIntyre any day of the week. The many ways Miles found to squander talent were crazy. MacIntyre runs an interesting offense that actually uses his talent effectively. Put MacIntyre at LSU and he would at least equal Miles' record.
tenor.gif

Renegade

Charge on!
I'd be interested to see how MacIntyre does without Jim Leavitt. Leavitt's defense seems to be what got CU over the top.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'd be interested to see how MacIntyre does without Jim Leavitt. Leavitt's defense seems to be what got CU over the top.

Agreed. Losing him and a senior QB will be an interesting test for MacIntyre. Early returns aren't great, but even back to back bowls at CU is pretty good considering where that program's been.

bruin

Gary Patterson has a statue outside of TCU’s stadium. He didn’t even bother to give SC a interview.

UCLA job much different than USC. Wonder if he’d ever dip tho, considering he’s basically a living legend. @Bama

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Defense is not the issue, they're surrendering 5.3 YPP, definitely a drop off but still solid considering they've played two top 15 offenses thus far, and are 16th in PPG right now.

Offense is complete dogshit for how good they were supposed to be. 90th in YPP (though that's only actually a small drop from last year) and 97th in PPG. Montez has been horrible.

Leavitt is amazing, doe. He has Oregon in the top 15 for yards per play right now and 61st in scoring defense. Up from 113th and 126th last year.

Renegade

Charge on!
Bunch of chatter in the press, mostly from Dan Wolken, that Charlie Strong is taking any P5 offer that comes his way. Apparently decided he had it real good at Louisville and wouldn't mind going back if Petrino gets hired somewhere. But at any rate, he apparently hates dealing with the G5 label.

Craig7835

You're kidding yourself if you think he'll change the offense. He was under pressure at LSU to do that for the past 6 years after the BCSNCG debacle, and he didn't change a damn thing. Les would suck at UCLA. He is unjustly elevated by that BCS title game team that lost AT HOME the last week of the regular season and was ranked #7 going into the conference championship game weekend. Then they beat mighty Todd Boeckman and tOSU. UCLA gets talent, but not nearly the same type of monsters he got at LSU.

Trying to get Les Miles to change the offense is like trying to get a junkie to shit a chicken..THAT wasn't happening. Cam Cameron had been talking about "opening up the playbook" for like what years? We still saw the same thing(run,run,PA Pass then run,run,run) The last time LSU had a consistent passing offense was when Zach Mettenburg was the QB & Les HATED the fact they had became a pass first team. Also name off the top of your head how many coordinators have told that lie about opening up the playbook? I can name two & Cameron is one of them & Ken Roper, the Gamecocks OC has been saying the same thing

Craig7835

Gary Patterson has a statue outside of TCU’s stadium. He didn’t even bother to give SC a interview.

UCLA job much different than USC. Wonder if he’d ever dip tho, considering he’s basically a living legend. @Bama

I believe Gary doesn't do interviews much, it's rare as hell if he does

Bama

Will never happen...he effectively has a lifetime deal at TCU. And he has a clear path to the CFP.

From what I heard he did consider going somewhere after 2008 when TCU was still in the MWC and was playing in the old stadium.

He didn't even consider going to UT. Won't consider going to Cali.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Andersen turned Utah State into a decent program, though he did cash in on one big season. He inherited shit from Mike Riley, and they need to just give him time to right the boat. Nothing going to be gained there by firing coaches every 3 years at a bottom-tier job in that conference.

This would be an insane move to me. I don't know why any school with their lack of resources would give a coach anything less than a chance to get all of his players in there, so at least 4 years. Especially when Andersen had a huge turnaround at Utah State in year 4. I wonder if Beau Baldwin will be a Pac-12 head coach soon, though.

wrongTrump.gif

Andersen is a fraud

Brick

Regardless of what you think of him, this is a really stupid move at this point in the season.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
He waived his buyout, so he done fucked up

Why the heck would anyone do that?

Unless he was offered some huge signing bonus elsewhere if he walked away immediately.

Either way, they looked awful. USC stumbled, bumbled, and generally looked like shit last Saturday, and they still managed an easy 38-10 win. Had USC played even C+ football, it would have been a 52-0 annihilation. Oregon State just looked as bad and incompetent a college team as I've seen in a while.

Brick

Canzano is such an asshole: "After Saturday's 38-10 loss at USC, I walked past Andersen outside the visiting locker room at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. I said to him, "You need a quarterback." He shot back, "We need a lot of things."

@kella

Renegade

Charge on!
So Andersen back to Utah as DC or something? No idea what their assistant coach lineup looks like. So far as lesser HC jobs, he might well be a decent candidate for UTEP. I doubt there's going to be much interest in that, and he did somehow get Utah State to a great year. Doesn't seem like there's going to be any MWC firings. If he wants a HC job, might have to look FCS.

bruin

Thought it’d be Rich Rod or Graham first to chunk the deuces in the PAC-12 this season.

Unless it’s Mike Riley or Dennis Erickson, it’s tough to win in Corvallis it looks like.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Not that it really matters much in the grand scheme. The end of the story will be the same regardless, but Quinten Dormady has quit the Vols lol. Just further exemplifies the shit show that Botch Jones is running up there.