• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I'm really curious if Oregon State will pull the trigger on Andersen this year if they go 1-11 like I think they will. This was supposed to be the year they were contending for a bowl and instead they're 1-3, have been torched by every FBS team they've played, and snuck by a FCS team at home.

Problem is the COACHING MARKET sucks unless you're willing to take a risk. The most sure thing is Chip Kelly and who knows if he wants to go back to college. The best G5 guys have very little experience and not great records.

Renegade

Charge on!
I'm really curious if Oregon State will pull the trigger on Andersen this year if they go 1-11 like I think they will. This was supposed to be the year they were contending for a bowl and instead they're 1-3, have been torched by every FBS team they've played, and snuck by a FCS team at home.

Problem is the COACHING MARKET sucks unless you're willing to take a risk. The most sure thing is Chip Kelly and who knows if he wants to go back to college. The best G5 guys have very little experience and not great records.

Andersen turned Utah State into a decent program, though he did cash in on one big season. He inherited shit from Mike Riley, and they need to just give him time to right the boat. Nothing going to be gained there by firing coaches every 3 years at a bottom-tier job in that conference.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Stoops to Tennessee
giphy.gif

Craig7835

Gus Malzahn is on it for sure. New offensive coordinator,new QB, (allegedly) new offense & yet we still see the same shit from Auburn 2015 & 2016

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Unless he has a great QB for that offense, he sucks. Cam Newton and Nick what's his name are the only ones who ever have made it go.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Shawn Eichorst Nebraska AD fired.

Mike Riley on nuclear hot lava level

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think Sharkfucker is more than lukewarm. With that credit card fraud stuff and the team looking like shit so far, I think he's on a short leash.

They could always go back to Mike Riley...

Brick

This would be an insane move to me. I don't know why any school with their lack of resources would give a coach anything less than a chance to get all of his players in there, so at least 4 years. Especially when Andersen had a huge turnaround at Utah State in year 4. I wonder if Beau Baldwin will be a Pac-12 head coach soon, though.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, and his entire career is basically formed off of that one year.

Oregon State was in way better shape than Wazzu when Leach took over and he took them to a bowl their second season with GING @Brick

Brick

Oregon State was in way better shape than Wazzu when Leach took over and he took them to a bowl their second season with GING @Brick
They were 6-6 and ended up 6-7. Then they went 3-9 for the second time in Leach's third season (probably about where OSU will end up this year), and were 7-20 in Pac-12 play. It's a hard job, and they did show a lot of promise last year. They look bad and will look bad against USC and Washington the next two weeks, but they have a shot at rallying against weaker opponents in the second half of the season just like they did last year.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They were 6-6 and ended up 6-7. Then they went 3-9 for the second time in Leach's third season (probably about where OSU will end up this year), and were 7-20 in Pac-12 play. It's a hard job, and they did show a lot of promise last year. They look bad and will look bad against USC and Washington the next two weeks, but they have a shot at rallying against weaker opponents in the second half of the season just like they did last year.

I know it's a tough job, but I don't see anyone on that schedule they have a shot at beating with the exception of maybe the AZ schools.

Bdub

OSU could maybe beat ASU. No way they beat UA though. Dickrod isn't that bad yet.

R2D2

Andersen turned Utah State into a decent program, though he did cash in on one big season. He inherited shit from Mike Riley, and they need to just give him time to right the boat. Nothing going to be gained there by firing coaches every 3 years at a bottom-tier job in that conference.

I still don't understand why he left Wisconsin for Oregon State. Was it something to do with the AD or?

Chip Kelly to Nebraska/UCLA would be fun.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I still don't understand why he left Wisconsin for Oregon State. Was it something to do with the AD or?

He couldn't get some guys he wanted to into Wisconsin because of academic standards and he didn't want to run Wiscy's offense.

Bdub

I don't think he ever explained why he left. Hopefully he will get fired at Oregon St and Utah can hire him as their DC again.

Craig7835

Word in Lincoln is that Nebraska wants to go after Scott Frost to be the coach & they want the University of Nebraska-Omaha's AD(I forgot his name)for the same position. I'm buying on the AD spot but I'm selling on Frost

Craig7835

I have a cousin that lives in Madison(he's a season ticket holder) & he told me that it was an Barry Alvarez issue. Apparently he didn't like what he was seeing along with the fact that they both had some misunderstandings. Alvarez is one of those Dan Gilbert type AD's: he doesn't want to let folks do their job let alone give a person any credit

Lightningwar

Administrator
Word in Lincoln is that Nebraska wants to go after Scott Frost to be the coach & they want the University of Nebraska-Omaha's AD(I forgot his name)for the same position. I'm buying on the AD spot but I'm selling on Frost

Is this the same AD that dropped football for UNO?

Craig7835

Trev Fucking Alberts?

Yep Trev Alberts along with these other guys:

Ed Stewart:Big 12 assistant commissioner for football & student services
Chris Del Conte: TCU's director of intercollegiate athletics
Kevin White: Duke's AD
Jim Phillips : Northwestern University's director of intercollegiate athletics & recreation

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Trev Alberts can join Tanner Lee and play in traffic. The fuck stick killed a national power wrestling program and a good football program because he wanted UNO to go Division 1.

Now the college is drowning in debt, and he's proud because he orchestrated the building of an arena on campus. And he sure as shit not finding ways to bring in revenue.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Rob's FSU

As Trev gets older he keeps finding new ways to become worse at his job. It's a magnificent spectacle.

Craig7835

Well after reading what Trev Alberts has done,I don't think Nebraska would want that headache. Maybe they want him because "he used to play for him & he knows how to run a program" Hell Nebraska will probably be better off with Texas' former AD Steve Patterson

Craig7835

Can we add Matt Rhule to the list? This dude came to Baylor & quickly has slipped back into mediocrity. He's knows with that personnel they ARE NOT fit for that ball control offense he wants to run. Yeah it worked at Temple, but Baylor? HELL NO

BTW Butch Jones' seat has reached Carolina Reaper level

Brick

Tennessee should be a very attractive job for a good coach. UT is lucky the SEC East is terrible and there for the taking. It is a quick turnaround job. Best case scenario, they get someone like Dan Mullen or Chip Kelly.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
No fan base puts more into their program for so little in return the last 10+ years. They bring in more money than any football program in the SEC and more than any program not named Texas.

Brick

The Dooley hire really killed them. The guy was 17-20 overall and 12-12 in the WAC. His last name was literally the only reason why he would be involved in any major college coaching search. Those Dooley teams were embarrassing.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Tennessee should be a very attractive job for a good coach. UT is lucky the SEC East is terrible and there for the taking. It is a quick turnaround job. Best case scenario, they get someone like Dan Mullen or Chip Kelly.

I feel like it depends on what other schools come open. Florida, Daddy A&M, and UCLA are all in better recruiting areas. All of those schools can throw money at a coach.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The Dooley hire really killed them. The guy was 17-20 overall and 12-12 in the WAC. His last name was literally the only reason why he would be involved in any major college coaching search. Those Dooley teams were embarrassing.
Guess who lost to a Dooley Tennessee team 45-23 doe....Butch Jones.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I feel like it depends on what other schools come open. Florida, Daddy A&M, and UCLA are all in better recruiting areas. All of those schools can throw money at a coach.
I don't think Florida will be open, aTm maybe, but neither of them will be open before Tennessee. The Vols could do it right now if they wanted to. Just dump a truck full of money and get the jump on them. UCLA is a basketball school and always has been. Not worried about them.

Brick

True, however: McElwain isn't going anywhere, at least this year. They have a cupcake schedule remaining and shouldn't go any worse than 9-3 in the regular season. aTm would be a better job if it were in the SEC East. UCLA competes directly with USC and doesn't have the fan support or history of Tennessee.