• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016 NFL Draft

zoltan

Lol i feel like QBs are never a sure thing making the jump from college to pros.

Except Mariota cuz hes that guy. And Andrew Luck.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I used to think OL were pretty safe bets jumping from college to the pros. But then the Vikings drafted Matt Kalil
It really is a crap shoot for the most part.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I used to think OL were pretty safe bets jumping from college to the pros. But then the Vikings drafted Matt Kalil
It really is a crap shoot for the most part.
The Trent Williams comment earlier made me go look at the last few drafts. A lot of "meh" first round linemen the past few years.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I don't understand how Kalil completely forgot how to football. He wasn't that bad his rookie year and then got significantly worse.

R2D2

Hue Jackson is probably the best hire they have had in years, too bad he will be gone after back-to-back 4-12 seasons because the front office is garbage.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Pretty good deal. I wish they didn't drop all the way to 15 but maybe they can get back up there since they have 3 second round picks all from 33-45.

NML

Wow..The team that got the world for RG3 decides to be just as stupid.

Cant wait for the Rams to go 3-13 behind the dream team of Keenum and Wentz and gives up the #1 pick to Tennessee next year.

Rams went from 1-2 to 1-6 and 1-2 the next season... not nearly as good of a haul of Tennessee.

Rams defense is already legit, any serviceable QB and they are a borderline playoff team. That pick is almost definitely outside of the top 10.

Now I have no idea about this crop of QBs so I can't say it was a good deal, but it's not comparable to the RG3 deal.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
If Wentz (and I'm just assuming it's him over baby hands) turns into a stud, ok, this deal worked. It's spendy, but you need a legit QB to have any shot.

If he doesn't pan out -- i.e. isn't a huge upgrade over Keenum -- then this could hurt them for years. They need other help too, and while QB is the most important spot by far, they need a WR, some secondary help, etc. They better nail their late round picks and get some solid depth.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

They are gonna be a run first team I think. Todd Gurley, Tre "Dont call me Free" Mason, and even Tavon Austin as the Reggie Bush/Sproles speed/receiving back. They have LT shored up with Greg Robinson. They are kinda thin at WR, and they let Cook and Laurinaitis walk leaving some holes at ILB and TE. I dont know if they are a playoff team with a rookie QB. Arizona and Seattle will win the NFC West and take a NFC Wild Card. So it's gonna be tough sledding because they will be fighting for the last wildcard spot with loser of Vikings/Packers and many other borderline NFC playoff teams like the Skeeens, Cowboys, Falcons, and of course the Saints.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Fisher has been to the playoffs 6 out of 21 seasons. Odds are they won't be a playoff team this year. We as Titans fans are very aware of this.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
IsMLRXX.gif

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Goff IMO was the best QB in college footbaw. Wentz had bigger hands I guess, so he is now considered a better NFL QB prototype.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I honestly had no idea who Wentz was until I started reading up on the NFL draft prospects after the Superbowl. I didn't catch too many North Dakota St8 gms despite having multiple TVs playing troglodyte ESPN college gameday and the like 24/7 in the Madden Lair.

R2D2

Wouldn't be surprised if the Rams selected Sam Bradford #1 overall out of Oklahoma. Great arm, terrific accuracy, and won plenty of games with the Sooners.

:trollface:

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Rams went from 1-2 to 1-6 and 1-2 the next season... not nearly as good of a haul of Tennessee.

Rams defense is already legit, any serviceable QB and they are a borderline playoff team. That pick is almost definitely outside of the top 10.

Now I have no idea about this crop of QBs so I can't say it was a good deal, but it's not comparable to the RG3 deal.
Whos this serviceable QB? They had Foles and Keenum and werent a borderline playoff team last year. They arent breaking through that division. Youre not going to get any better either throwing in any rookie QB from this class.

That D is very good up front, but they are losing multiple pieces from it so theres going to be alot of questions on the back end.

Tennessee gets a Top 10 pick out of it next year.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Real winner of this trade is Goff or Wentz, they won't have to go to Cleveland now

Any chance the Rams do something dumb and take Ramsey instead?

Lightningwar

Administrator
Yup Wentz going to the Rams is a lot better than being stuck in Cleveland Steamer.

Wentz is a gamble but he has the prototypical NFL QB body type and played in a Pro-Style system at NDSU.

That secures Ramsey will not be a #1 overall pick.

What a time for me as both of my college teams may produce the #1 overall picks in back to back years.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Wouldn't be surprised if the Rams selected Sam Bradford #1 overall out of Oklahoma. Great arm, terrific accuracy, and won plenty of games with the Sooners.

:trollface:

It's a shame they let him stand back there and get killed. I bet he and David Carr can tell some great stories for the next 10 years or so, until they forget them.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Well shit. Is Wentz supposed to be the second coming of Andrew Luck? If he were, then this makes sense. If not, Rams can look forward to several 3, 4, and 5 win seasons, and will move to Las Vegas in the next decade.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Well shit. Is Wentz supposed to be the second coming of Andrew Luck? If he were, then this makes sense. If not, Rams can look forward to several 3, 4, and 5 win seasons, and will move to Las Vegas in the next decade.

This is certainly an all-in move for Goff/Wentz. I'd feel a lot better about if either guy was projected to be anything like Luck.

The question is are Snead and Fisher really confident in the roster they have (other than a QB), AND really confident in whichever of Goff or Wentz they're looking at?

or.....

Is this a stall tactic? Make a splash, roll the dice, and if the team goes 6-10 with a rookie QB, maybe you've bought yourself another year in charge.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
who is wentz?

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th}Height{/th}
{td}6 ft 5 in (1.96 m){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th}Weight{/th}
{td}235 lb (107 kg){/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
oh, i get it. enjoy ur bust!

But big hands doe......

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
All the talk of big hands/bitch hands got me remembering this guy:

http://uproxx.com/ksk/better-know-a-former-backup-qb-jim-druckenmiller/

Amusingly enough, if you google “Jim Druckenmiller,” the first suggestion is “hand size.” Yes, apparently Jim Druckenmiller had huge hands, and that was supposed to make him a good NFL quarterback. Of course, Kevin Kolb had pretty big hands, too, and we all know how that worked out. I’m guessing that if you’re a reasonably good QB, having huge hands does give you something of an advantage, but it probably can’t help you if you suck.

Jim Druckenmiller’s Ultimate Legacy:Making sure Marcus Vick isn’t the most disappointing QB to come out of Virginia Tech.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Watching Daunte Cullpepper and his 102 career fumbles to go with his 106 career interceptions. There might be something about small hands. 2002 was lolworthy and remember it vividly. 23 interceptions and 23 fumbles.

R2D2

QBs acquired via trades into the top-5 since 1990:

RG3
Sanchize
Mike Vick
Ryan Leaf
Kerry Collins
Jeff George

:thumbsup: