• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

DanishDonut0

I understand he failed in finding any legit offer. But let's be real, the options to build anywhere are extremely limited. It's pretty obvious that no offer, except maybe a completely city funded stadium, would have made them stay. The ownership was leaving the city no matter what. I would've been all for tearing down candlestick and then rebuilding from there, but you would have to deal with a place to play in between times. And let's not even act like that would have been an option. The ownership hates that area and the people that inhabit it. I feel sorry that anyone who would pay money to enter that airport lobby of a stadium.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
Huh?

Willy Brown got a referendum passed and along with the constituency got a ball park built. There were are other spaces besides the Bayview to build a ballpark

dirt

Trolltalitarian
Ownership called Newsome's bluff or the team would still be in shitty Candlestick. They kept the team near SF and that is to their credit unlike Raiders ownership

Lightningwar

Administrator
Couldnt SF play in Berkeley or at the Cardinal stadium, or hell the raiders stadium until a new Candlestick was built? The Vikings are playing in the Gophers stadium for 2 years until their stadium is built.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
Plain and simple, Newsome didn't have enough vision/clout to get it done. Willy Brown didn't make excuses he erected shit everywhere

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Willy brown was an oft cited example in that power book I listened to.

bruin

so the Chiefs just gave Josh Mauga 8 mil. Nice player and all but wore down as the season went a long.

Best LB is coming off an Achilles.

Hermione-Granger-Hot-GIFS.gif

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Michael Oher signed by the Panthers today. Feel like he's gotta be better than Byron Bell at the very least.

R2D2

Don't understand it. Talented RB class this year, I'd pass on the aging Gore. They reportedly offered him somewhere between $5-$7m a year. Also, it looks like Byron Maxwell is a lock to Philly. Which is nice, but I believe they overpaid if the deal is correct. Front loaded too, so if he underperforms they can kick him to the curb faster which is nice.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Glad the Lions aren't paying Suh major league starting pitcher money.

R2D2

Andy Reid and Jeremy Maclin will re-unite as he plans on signing with the Chiefs. Dumb.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Eagles will have tough time replacing LeSean McCoy & Jeremy Maclin. The two combined for 2,792 total yards in 2014, 42% of Philly's offense.

jdlikewhoa

Eagles are going to be interesting to watch. In the last two seasons they've lost Maclin, Jackson, and Mccoy while replacing them with no one.

Redskins should address the secondary and OL but I fully expect them to do nothing.

C'mon Buffalo

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He needs to go somewhere with a great QB corch, otherwise he'll be cut. Depending on price it could be a great attempt at a long term QB for a team in need. If he doesn't get better he can be cut for almost free. Plz go to the eagles, id become a huge eagles fan with chip kaep and franklin deleno gore

bruin

Rodney Hudson to the Raiders. Getting 9 mil a year. No way KC was going to match that.

Ted Ginn going back to Carolina.