• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 MLB Thread (Little things that keep you up)

Wolfman21

Love the new home run derby format. However, keeping the pitcher's from throwing pitches until the tv cameras stop following the homerun/fly out in a timed format is an absolute joke.

Wolfman21

They don't seem to be waiting though.

But they are. There's an umpire standing just off to the side holding his hand up telling the pitcher's to wait. Pujols had 5 seconds after he hit his last pitch and was ready in the box and never saw another pitch. There's been a couple times where they haven't waited, but for the most part they have

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Love the new home run derby format. However, keeping the pitcher's from throwing pitches until the tv cameras stop following the homerun/fly out in a timed format is an absolute joke.

They can;t throw the pitch til the ball hits the ground.

And another great performance by a Rutgers alum. That's 2 in 7 days.

Bucksin04

Only caught part of it but imagine that's a safety issue. With that many kids in the outfield, you can't have guys hitting a sky high fly ball and everyone focusing on that, throw another pitch while that fly ball is in the air, and have the batter smoke a line drive into a group of kids when everyone's looking up rather than towards the plate.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Home Run Derby sucks. Dunk contest sucks.

It was cool when I was a kid and the stars actually competed, but fuck if I want to watch guys like Javale McGee and Todd Frazier do stuff.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Only caught part of it but imagine that's a safety issue. With that many kids in the outfield, you can't have guys hitting a sky high fly ball and everyone focusing on that, throw another pitch while that fly ball is in the air, and have the batter smoke a line drive into a group of kids when everyone's looking up rather than towards the plate.
This is the most baller-ass dodgeball and water balloon fight strategy of all time. Of all time.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Phillies call up pitcher A Nola to make his major league debut on Tuesday against Tampa Bay.

Nola was a standout all three years at LSU before going 7th overall to the Phillies in June. Nola is an interesting pitcher to evaluate because his size (6’1/185) and slot (low 3/4) both aren’t typical for first rounders, with only a handful of starters in the big leagues throwing from that low of a slot. Nola flashed three plus pitches (90-94, hitting 96 mph with arm side life), at least above average command and a rubber arm with no injury history to go with numerous big game performances. Understandably, in the longest season of his life (Nola didn’t throw last summer), the stuff Nathaniel saw isn’t quite as sharp, but Nola still has a chance to be in the Phillies’ rotation in 2015 with #2/3 starter upside if he can successfully neutralize left-handed hitters.
Fastball: 60/60, Curveball: 55/60, Changeup: 55/60, Command: 50/55

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I was tall, but smaller pitchers with power have always fascinated me. Love to break down the mechanics and see how they do it.

osick87

Community Liaison
Marcus Stroman is fun to watch. He's recovering pretty well this year and may be back this season.

Brick

Dat nationals park text and logo behind the plate. Did someone randomly create that template in Microsoft word and submit it to win a contest or something? It looks so terrible. @kella

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Dat nationals park text and logo behind the plate. Did someone randomly create that template in Microsoft word and submit it to win a contest or something? It looks so terrible. @kella
What do you expect from the club who stole their logo from walgrrens.

Renegade

Charge on!
Nick Markakis finally hits his first homerun of the season

Yeah, all these Braves fans bitching because he's not jacking homers. Sure, you'd expect him to hit a few by now, but he's ultimately a 10-15 HR type guy...I think of him as a lesser Mark Grace playing RF. If he finishes with 7-8, I think that's within the realm of expectations.

Wolfman21

Yeah, all these Braves fans bitching because he's not jacking homers. Sure, you'd expect him to hit a few by now, but he's ultimately a 10-15 HR type guy...I think of him as a lesser Mark Grace playing RF. If he finishes with 7-8, I think that's within the realm of expectations.

As long as he hits around .290 with a .350+ OBP and hits doubles while playing gold glove RF, i'm fine with it.

Gooksta

It's 2-1 reds. Cubs outfielder Chris Coghlan hits what is ruled a triple. Reds Manager comes out to argue the play and wants it reviewed. It gets ruled a homerun. Tie game

Lmfao

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
CKe9ZNAVEAAMMgn.jpg:large