• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 MLB Thread (Little things that keep you up)

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Olt maybe. Villanueva... no. I think they could do better than either.

Castro would be nice, but has bust written all over him in SD.

Gooksta

I could see a deal Castro for Shields straight up. If it's cashner/Ross we would have to add an upper prospect.. not Baez/McKinney/Torres. But nearly anyone else

Gooksta

Olt maybe. Villanueva... no. I think they could do better than either.

Castro would be nice, but has bust written all over him in SD.
Villanueva has gold glove capabilities at 3rd. His offense has improved a lot this yr. Added some power too

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I could see a deal Castro for Shields straight up. If it's cashner/Ross we would have to add an upper prospect.. not Baez/McKinney/Torres. But nearly anyone else
I think the Padres would have to eat a nice portion of salary to get Castro for Shields but that deal makes sense.

doh

I guess the only way the Blue Jays could do the deal is if they unloaded Reyes... but if you're the Rockies wouldn't you rather get lesser prospects if you could unload the entire salary?

I'm guessing their thinking is let's get as much as possible for Tulo even if it means taking salary and then hope to trade Jose Reyes for even less salary? I guess?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Rockies better have gotten a decent prospect out of this deal. Some people are saying Hoffman (9th pick in 2014, would have been 1st if not for TJ surgery it sounds like), which would be great. I have no desire to watch Jose Reyes play SS, so hopefully they can flip him for something, too.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Apparently they did get Hoffman. Makes me feel a lot better. And Castro is only 20 and throws really hard. Maybe this deal will actually be a good one? With the Rockies track record, it's hard to be super hopeful. But it sounds like it's the best deal they could have gotten. Now hopefully they aren't done and do something with Reyes and/or CarGo.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Enjoy ur tanking

The good news is that a Rockies tank shouldn't be that long. I think you could put nearly anyone in Coors Field and have them be a league average hitter. If they can get an above average pitching staff together, they could easily contend.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
God damn wish houston would say fuck it and go after CarGo. It wouldn't make any sense but it would be fun as shit

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I feel the Tigers fire sale is imminent. I'm kind of hoping for a complete teardown/rebuild, but old man Ilitch has so much money and no reason not to spend it. With the Wings operating under a salary cap he probably has no incentive to pull back.

doh

I think it'll be interesting to see if anyone gives the Rockies anything for Reyes. To get anything good, I bet they'd have to eat a lot of his salary. But if they were to get prospects, this was a pretty genius trade.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think it'll be interesting to see if anyone gives the Rockies anything for Reyes. To get anything good, I bet they'd have to eat a lot of his salary. But if they were to get prospects, this was a pretty genius trade.

I think if they're dumping CarGo, too, they should be able to eat some of Reyes' salary. One good prospect in exchange for Reyes and some salary sounds pretty good to me. I'm sure there's a contender that would be okay with doing that. On the other hand, they could wait a year, hope Reyes stays healthy and gets a Coors bump, and then unload him for a decent haul.

Personally, if I'm the Rockies, I try to trade everybody but Arenado and Dickerson. Probably hang onto Lemahieu as well, but those are the only players I'd take off the table. I don't know what the market is for someone like Hundley, Blackmon, or Stubbs, but you have to feel like they could get a few decent prospects for them.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Listen to their announcers acting like assholes after their guy gets tossed for retaliating, lol. How many times has Brian McCann jerked off to that video so far today? I'm going with 4.

Fuck the D-Bags. This is exactly the nonsense that we need to get out of baseball. If I'm Yelich in that situation, I'm charging the mound. Remember, this is the organization that threw at Tulo in spring training in a similar situation. They should be fined, that pitcher should be suspended, and their manager should also be suspended. Do we have to wait until someone gets hurt before MLB does something about it?

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Not a lot, and that was just a guess. This was recent though

Three unheralded prospects have quietly pitched well. Nick Pivetta, a 6-foot-5 right-hander from Canada and a fourth-round pick in the 2013 draft, has a 2.38 ERA through 79 1/3 innings with Class A Potomac. Rated the No. 10 prospect in the system by Baseball America, the 22-year-old isn’t flashy. He throws his fastball in the low-90s but commands it to both sides of the plate well, and his new curveball has improved. Pivetta, with catching prospect Spencer Kieboom, were named Carolina League Mid-Season All-Stars.

Austin Voth, just behind Pivetta in Baseball America’s ratings, has a 3.69 ERA through 15 games at Class AA Harrisburg. The 2013 fifth-rounder advanced quickly last season, jumping from Hagerstown to Potomac to Harrisburg, where he struggled. The 23-year-old right-hander, who relies on a low-90s fastball, command and a change-up and curveball, has struck out 78 in 83 innings this season. He was named an Eastern League All-Star with pitcher Paul Demny and catching prospect Pedro Severino, who is hitting .250 and playing strong defense.