• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 MLB Thread (Little things that keep you up)

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
5-1 homestand for the Phils.

philly_ill_t-shirt3.jpg

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Really disappointed Houston gave up Nottingham. Dude can flat out hit.

But I hated the Gattis trade at the time and everyone traded in it has been shit.

ebarws6

stAy
Not blown away by the Kazmir trade but the return seems about right for a 2 month rental. I really hope Billy goes after some AAA guys that can contribute next year when he deals Zobrist/Clippard.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Not blown away by the Kazmir trade but the return seems about right for a 2 month rental. I really hope Billy goes after some AAA guys that can contribute next year when he deals Zobrist/Clippard.
Disagree.... Nottingham has a .941 OPS in his age 20 year (with him turning 20 on OD). For a catcher, that's incredible. Maybe he has to move to 1B or somewhere else, but to get a prospect of that caliber for two months of an injury-prone pitcher significantly helped by o.co is pretty good.

ebarws6

stAy
Disagree.... Nottingham has a .941 OPS in his age 20 year (with him turning 20 on OD). For a catcher, that's incredible. Maybe he has to move to 1B or somewhere else, but to get a prospect of that caliber for two months of an injury-prone pitcher significantly helped by o.co is pretty good.

It's just a question of if 1) He can keep hitting like this as he moves up the ranks, and 2) If he sticks at catcher. From what I've read he has a pretty good arm so that's a plus but his receiving and blocking could use some work. Luckily these things are much easier to develop than hitting at the level he is. Even if he doesn't stick at catcher he could maybe move, as you said, to a corner infield position à la Donaldson.

After the trade deadline I might have to drive up to Stockton to take a look at some of the guys the A's acquire, just gotta hope I don't get mugged/shot lol

doh

It's just a question of if 1) He can keep hitting like this as he moves up the ranks, and 2) If he sticks at catcher. From what I've read he has a pretty good arm so that's a plus but his receiving and blocking could use some work. Luckily these things are much easier to develop than hitting at the level he is. Even if he doesn't stick at catcher he could maybe move, as you said, to a corner infield position à la Donaldson.

After the trade deadline I might have to drive up to Stockton to take a look at some of the guys the A's acquire, just gotta hope I don't get mugged/shot lol
I heard the park is nice but I've never wanted to drive out there to see a game.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Nah..i will pass. I will stick with real live hot stove. And besides...the Hamels to Texas rumor is too good to sneak in as well..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Padres trying to move big names / contracts. Less patient than me in OOTP.

I actually liked their offseason compared to other recent HUGE OFFSEASON, but again this strategy doesn't work.

Funny how fast they give up on it.

That Wil Myers trade is looking so bad, The RZO fleecing.

doh

I actually liked their offseason compared to other recent HUGE OFFSEASON, but again this strategy doesn't work.

Which one?

The Royals-Rays one was WORST TRADE EVARRR for Royals then WOW ACTUALLY IT'S GOOD for the Royals to currently LET'S SEE HOW MIKE MONTGOMERY IS...

doh

The SD - TB - WAS one. Rizzo fleeced.
Oh yeah. That's an insane fleece.

I hope the Giants go for Chapman. Maybe an ace to pair with Bumgarner too.

I think they have enough hitting once Aoki is all the way back. The one position they probably need the most help is CF but I don't think they'll bench Pagan despite. the face he's been awful. Maybe a better utility IF could help too. Unfortunately, they "have nothing" in the system according to "experts" per usual.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

I think a lot of this is just rumor.

doh

I think they'll try hard to trade Kimbrel/Shields. They're both owed a lot of money, they're still tradable and both are entering dangerous times for injuries/effectiveness.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think Kennedy, Upton and possibly Kimbrel or Shields could be dealt. We will see I guess. I don't love the idea of pulling the plug on everyone.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Pagan will somehow hit 375 in the playoffs like always

Gooksta

How are those two a type?
Fringy Close to major league types. I have a lot of interest in Ross personally.

Padres/Cubs trade rumors picking up. Starlin Castro's name is prominent. I would have guess Cashner/Ross/Shields are what the Cubs would be after

Last edited: