• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
True. I should have said that I get why people don't like Durant going to the Warriors but the malicious hatred for him is weird to me. For any athlete really.

I think I'm just getting old. I can't remember the last athlete I really hated. I think it was Jeremy Stevens on the Seahawks, I did not like that mf'er.
The vocal minority is really the ones you always hear about. They are the ones who live and breathe for the laundry they follow and when they react to something they disagree with they are the ones you hear about because youre going to get more page views and clicks on someone burning a jersey than you will two semi-normal people casually discussing that they are disappointed their favorite player is going to play somewhere else.

Most people slowly evolve into that sports fan that is not so fanatic that your day isn't crushed if your team loses. There might still be days that I get emotionally invested mid-game and am disappointed for 5 minutes after a loss or jump out of my chair in some big moment, but the days of being so invested that results consume my emotions for a day or two. But some people never lose that, and those are generally the ones you hear about.

evil1

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Ain't nobody watchin summer league bruh, they have these things called extended highlights that tell you how good a player's career will be.
And box scores, but this may only apply to college football teams.

evil1

I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to Nate Thurmond

Warriors legend, Hall of Famer Nate Thurmond dies

0321434001468697689_filepicker.jpg

AP_101182649577-XL.jpg

112f721767d075cac5956fe7ae50048b.jpg

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
LMAO, NBA nuts up and pulls the 2017 All-Star game out of Charlotte over HB2

Pat McCrory is the dumbest fuck on the planet. I can't believe that stupid law is the hill he decided to die on. RIP Cackalack.

MSUFanatic

So does this mean all home Charlotte games will be moved elsewhere? Not defending the law but seems a little mixed message. "Oh we'll pull that ASG that'll show 'em we mean business! But wait we played 41 games in Charlotte anyways that year."

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
So does this mean all home Charlotte games will be moved elsewhere? Not defending the law but seems a little mixed message. "Oh we'll pull that ASG that'll show 'em we mean business! But wait we played 41 games in Charlotte anyways that year."

This makes no sense. probsnly need silver making a unilateral decision in all star game vs a majority it more of owners to force another franchise to do something. Even if you need owners vote to move asg it's a lower hurdle to jump.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
This isn't about pulling the NBA out of NC for this law. It's about pulling an exhibition event that brings people and money from others states and whatever publicity the city received from hosting the event.

Reactions: Wuf

Tailback U

I actually think the Knicks are going to be pretty good. The east isn't that good and Porzingis is going to be pretty much unstoppable. Obviously, health is the biggest concern for them.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Just thought it would have been cool for Charlotte to get some national recognition. Obviously it doesn't matter at all to me, although it seems that you personally don't give a shit and you speak for yourself alone.

Wolfman21

Just thought it would have been cool for Charlotte to get some national recognition. Obviously it doesn't matter at all to me, although it seems that you personally don't give a shit and you speak for yourself alone.

i speak for lots of folks i know. The NBA all-star game came to charlotte in the early 90's. Is the city that much better off because of it? I'd venture to guess that over half of the people that live in charlotte today don't know that Charlotte has hosted an NBA allstar game before.

Changing laws because the NBA commish doesn't agree with them would be absolutely dumb as fuck and begins a slippery fucking slope. Fuck adam silver and his half ass care bullshit.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
The law should not be changed because of the All-star game, it should be changed because it's a stupid fucking law that isn't even really enforceable and a horrible allocation of priorities. McCrory is a shit head because he decided that this stupid fucking law is the hill he wanted to die on. We can get further into that topic but it's not NBA at that point.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
i speak for lots of folks i know. The NBA all-star game came to charlotte in the early 90's. Is the city that much better off because of it? I'd venture to guess that over half of the people that live in charlotte today don't know that Charlotte has hosted an NBA allstar game before.

Changing laws because the NBA commish doesn't agree with them would be absolutely dumb as fuck and begins a slippery fucking slope. Fuck adam silver and his half ass care bullshit.
Lol this sounds like the saying of a man who would stand outside a bathroom to police it.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I hope all businesses continue to do things like this. The threat of it is the only thing keeping Nashville safe from the religious fucks out in the rural areas.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Dion Waiters to MIA for 1 year, $2.9M is a ludicrously cheap contract.
Not an awful move... better off trying to raise value going into next year with the team that develops guys the best than take 3/30 or something somewhere else.

Another Riley fleece. I bet the difference between Waiters and Wade isn't huge this year.

Brick

will amar'e make the FUN hall of fame? @silverwheels

Amar'e Stoudemire, Who Was Fun As All Hell, Is Retiring
God, can you imagine how much fun it would have been to watch LeBron James and Amar’e Stoudemire run the pick-and-roll together? As someone who spent multiple seasons of NBA 2K10 destroying the rest of the league with a LeBron-Amar’e combo in Cleveland, I can tell you that it would have been a lot of goddamn fun. We’ll have to settle for the good times provided by Stoudemire’s actual career, which are plenty.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
will amar'e make the FUN hall of fame? @silverwheels

Amar'e Stoudemire, Who Was Fun As All Hell, Is Retiring
God, can you imagine how much fun it would have been to watch LeBron James and Amar’e Stoudemire run the pick-and-roll together? As someone who spent multiple seasons of NBA 2K10 destroying the rest of the league with a LeBron-Amar’e combo in Cleveland, I can tell you that it would have been a lot of goddamn fun. We’ll have to settle for the good times provided by Stoudemire’s actual career, which are plenty.

Nash-Stoudamire pick and roll was nasty as is.

What g'damn shame w/microfracture surgery. His 2nd year in the league (age 22) he averaged 29 pts, 10.7 rbs, 2 blks on 54% shooting in 15 playoff games.

The Nash-Matrix-Stoudamire Suns was must watch TV in the early to late 2000's.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stoudam01.html