• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Amare is average as fuck without Nash imo.

No doubt Nash made him better (and vice versa), but I don't think that is fair or accurate.

1st year with the Knicks he averaged 25 pts and 10 rbs on 50% shooting.

zoltan

Amare was beast AF.

Definitely an top 5 PF in the league in his day.

Footwork, explosiveness, mid range jumper, decent defender. He had all the tools.

It's hard for big men to recover from knee surgery.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
f91625e93680aa3d331d020dd58c9a3663c8656dbd01e006a5bde48f73d205fa_1.jpg

Rando thoughts watching snippets of team USA warm up games:

Barnes and Dray can't shoot that international ball. Other than playing D and getting dunks/putbacks both seem fairly useless. Green seems to struggle a little with travelling/out of bounds calls in intl play too. Lowry doesn't look all that hot shooting either. Klay seems like he could figure out how to nail 3's with a medicine ball after a few minutes however.

Melo always looks better at intl play than he should.

DeAndre seems to just change the game when he comes in- a little less tonight vs an athletic Nigeria, but the euro/South American teams, after he spikes a rejection back into some guy's soul a couple times, teams stop coming into the paint and just start chucking fadeaway 3's, like a team full of poor man's Stephon Marbury's.

Derozan, Butler, Barnes, and Cousins will get about 99% of their makes at the rim. And is PG even going to play?

zoltan

Kyrie doesnt do shit ive noticed. Pure facilitation.

KD and Melo are wet af. Especially KD.

DJ is ridic.

Klay is just fuckin solid all around.

Everyone else seems like a average hooper with crazy athletic ability.

That Fiba ball is lighter and a different texture than the NBA one so idk.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
If that's true, awesome. I doubt it'll come to fruition but I enjoy the "fuck it, I'll put the team on my back and win this thing my own damn self" attitude. Looking forward to those Rhubarb-Warriors matchups

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I understand half the A-squad bailed, but could we not find anyone better than Harrison Barnes?
I thought he was tombout Matt Barnes but even Harrison isn't much better

IDK why they brought Harrison Barnes on team USA. I'd have gone Heyward, another shooter who'd likely figure out the FIBA ball/rule set and act as token white guy.

They are going to have some ugly games though considering they have to get 80% of their makes at the rim. Outside of putbacks, seems like only Klay, KD, and kinda Melo can score outside of the paint.

evil1

No doubt it has an effect. But the fact remains that Barnes has a slightly better shooting percentage (both 3pt and overall) than Hayward over their NBA careers and Barnes has been significantly better over the last two seasons. I don't see what support there is to say that Hayward is a better shooter (you know, other than he's white).

Additionally, two of Barnes's teammates (former teammates) are already on the team so it is reasonable to assume that those three players would have chemistry together on the US team.

Brick

I think mine is a pretty objective statement. even the more self aware Oklahoma boys on here gon Oklahoma. did you read the whereas statements? hoooooly shit.

I don't even dislike RUSS as he seems like a decent human being as far as I can see through a camera lens. don't care for his basketball skills tho. fans are just verrrrry creepy.

now BLAKE. that is a guy who should be universally disdained both because of the crazy oklatennabraska type fans and because he's actually a giant douche. wish we had forum archives cause I fuckin atodaso when he was trippin people at ou and yall were trippin. now you pretend to dislike him cause of klipppz. he's always been a huge douche.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
The fun part is I was born in Texas and my thoughts on Oklahoma vacillate between amusement and loathing. I'm a RUSS fan. If you think that's going to stop when he's playing for the errrrz in a few years then you'll be in for a shock. I also hate Blake Griffin, and always have (since he was at OCS and nobody outside central Oklahoma even knew who he was).

But you're right, Oklahomerism is a fascinating thing. That's what happens when you have a sports-crazed state that is nonetheless in a shitty market with no professional teams and oh-by-the-way happens to be the buckle on the Bible Belt and treats every good thing as if it's divinely inspired and every bad thing as if it's the spawn of Satan.

Being a contrarian and a dick (and a Texan), I grew up relishing every OU loss in everything. My tongue-in-cheek thudner fandom is modeled on my experiences growing up there.

But my RUSS fandom, that's all natural. Pure. Clean.