• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015-16 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Snorky's Shame

Remember how excited everyone was when FOX picked up the Bundesliga rights for the U.S.?

It was horribly misplaced.

No games on Fox or FS1, only FS2, Fox Soccer Plus and Fox Soccer 2go.

Screw you Fox.

Well it turns out Bundesliga fans spoke up and got more games on FS1.

Season opener on Fox's YouTube channel streamed for free. Bayern v Hamburg for those interested.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
2-0 Rapid! Rec league defending from Ajax and then a deflection off the shot. Rapid up 4-2 on aggregate and both teams have two away goals.

Ajax has honestly looked better, but walking back to the circle after that last goal their players looked like deer in headlights. @goblue96

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
2-0 Rapid! Rec league defending from Ajax and then a deflection off the shot. Rapid up 4-2 on aggregate and both teams have two away goals.

Ajax has honestly looked better, but walking back to the circle after that last goal their players looked like deer in headlights. @goblue96

Ajax gonna Ajax in Europe.

So got damn predictable. Game is in Amsterdam too.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
x51Zbc0.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
27" 2560 resolution on the left? I got dat

How are you streaming this?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
27" 2560 resolution on the left? I got dat

How are you streaming this?

Watching on the ÖRF website and using Hola to get around the geographic block.

Ajax tied it up after fouling the keeper and then Rapid answered right away. Oh my fuck. 3-2 Rapid, 5-4 on aggregate and leads on away goals.

goblue96

How low can the Dutch coefficient go? I remember when they were a top six league.

They need a good year in Europe this season. 13.1 points drop off their coefficient for the 16-17 calculation. The way things are going, The Dutch will be lucky to get half of that 13.1 total.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Well that was a fun game to watch- lots of goals, lots of shitty defending, haha.

I've mentioned these Austrian TV commercials in the Anything thread before, but this was just on for a discount furniture store:

hbEIwRC.png

Yes, that's a girl in panties and a cut-off t-shirt watching two people fuck, hahaha. You won't see that in a Furniture Row commercial, @Irishman

Back to the game- Ajax has some good players but don't play together at all. Is De Boer just not that great of a manager? Both teams need to desperately produce a defender or two. Rapid has produced a few really nice young attackers (Louis Schaub and Philip Schobesberger especially) and have bought well in Austria and Eastern Europe. Robert Beric is a great finisher and probably ends up in Germany soon. Rapid beat Red Bull over the weekend as well.

Oh yeah- Ajax almost tied the game up with a few minutes to go off a corner, thanks to Yaya Sanogo totally whiffing on a header which lead to the ball deflecting off the Rapid defender behind him and almost going in (lol). He also was the guy who fouled the keeper on the last Ajax goal.

goblue96

DeBoer won four straight Eredivisies from 2011 to 2014. That '14 team was probably the best Ajax had in a long time. Then, the big clubs came in and poached out the good talent. Now, Ajax is rebuilding but the Eredivisie is so bad that they can be rebuilding and still finish second.

But even with those good teams, Ajax would get the shit kicked out of them in Europe. DeBoer has 65% win percentage in the Eredivisie. In Europe, it drops to 30%.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
DeBoer won four straight Eredivisies from 2011 to 2014. That '14 team was probably the best Ajax had in a long time. Then, the big clubs came in and poached out the good talent. Now, Ajax is rebuilding but the Eredivisie is so bad that they can be rebuilding and still finish second.

But even with those good teams, Ajax would get the shit kicked out of them in Europe. DeBoer has 65% win percentage in the Eredivisie. In Europe, it drops to 30%.

How much of that run comes down to talent alone, though. I din't get to see much Ajax, but when I do it usually isn't good unless they are playing Man City. These games against Rapid- there is obvious talent in the squad, but like I said, no collective effort. There was a 30 minute stretch where all they did was hoof it upfield and hope to win a throw. Against an Austrian team that hasn't been relevant continentally in 30 years (aside from that time I took them to the Champions League semi's in Football Manager).

goblue96

How much of that run comes down to talent alone, though. I din't get to see much Ajax, but when I do it usually isn't good unless they are playing Man City. These games against Rapid- there is obvious talent in the squad, but like I said, no collective effort. There was a 30 minute stretch where all they did was hoof it upfield and hope to win a throw. Against an Austrian team that hasn't been relevant continentally in 30 years (aside from that time I took them to the Champions League semi's in Football Manager).

They, very rarely, have to play from behind in league play that don't know how to play when it happens in the CL and EL so it just becomes "Route 1" tactics. It's fucking frustrating because it's going on for multiple seasons.

Snorky's Shame

Lol Salzburg, still Malmö's bitch.

Fenerbahce and Panathinaikos also eliminated from the UCL.

Pots for Friday's draw

Champions seeded: APOEL, Basel, BATE, Celtic, Dinamo Zagreb

Champions unseeded: Astana, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Malmö, Partizan, Skenderbreu

League seeded: Leverkusen, Manchester United, Shakhtar, Sporting, Valencia

League unseeded: Brugge, CSKA Moscow, Lazio, Monaco, Rapid

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Lol Salzburg, still Malmö's bitch.

Fenerbahce and Panathinaikos also eliminated from the UCL.

Pots for Friday's draw

Champions seeded: APOEL, Basel, BATE, Celtic, Dinamo Zagreb

Champions unseeded: Astana, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Malmö, Partizan, Skenderbreu

League seeded: Leverkusen, Manchester United, Shakhtar, Sporting, Valencia

League unseeded: Brugge, CSKA Moscow, Lazio, Monaco, Rapid

The unseeded league teams seem to be worse than usual. ManU probably wants to avoid Monaco and that's it, right? I guess CSKA could be tough.

Snorky's Shame

The unseeded league teams seem to be worse than usual. ManU probably wants to avoid Monaco and that's it, right? I guess CSKA could be tough.

I'd rank them Monaco, CSKA Moscow, Lazio, Brugge, Rapid

I think Lazio is better than CSKA but they'll still be in preseason form when the tie is played because Serie A doesn't start for another two weeks.

Brugge actually won the Belgian regular season but lost to Gent in the playoffs.

Champions unseeded looks crappy as well.

Snorky's Shame

League route

Lazio v Leverkusen
Manchester United v Brugge
Sporting v CSKA Moscow
Rapid v Shakhtar
Valencia v Monaco

Champions route

Astana v APOEL
Skenderbeu v Dinamo Zagreb
Basel v Maccabi Tel Aviv
BATE v Partizan
Celtic v Malmo

Lazio-Leverkusen and Valencia-Monaco. Two good teams are going to end up in the Europa League.

Snorky's Shame

Lille-Paris about to start on beIn.

European Predictions:

England: Chelsea
France: Paris
Germany: Bayern
Italy: Juventus
Spain: Barcelona

Champions League: Bayern
Europa League: Valencia

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Sporting win the Supercup 1-0 over Benfica. Bad offseason for Lisbon but they did pick up a neat trio of Taarabt, Mehdi-Carcela, and Mitroglu.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Does Taarabt speak 15 languages or does every team he goes to just hate him? That's gotta be 5 or 6 countries by now.

Snorky's Shame

UEFA Super Cup today between Barcelona and Sevilla.

Wouldn't shock me to see Barcelona lose one of the Super Cups. Three games in seven days plus two league games in four days is a lot this early in the season.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Is that the team managed by Ernie Stewart?

Snorky's Shame

Congrats to Athletic.

UCL playoffs start today. Lazio-Leverkusen and Sporting-CSKA are the best games of the day. Of course FS1 shows Manchester United-Brugge.