• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015-16 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Snorky's Shame

New thread for the upcoming season.

Champions' League teams for 2015. Bayern, Manchester United, Sevilla and Roma a possible group. So is PSV, Leverkusen, Olympiakos and Gent.

Copa Libertadores Semis:

River Plate (ARG) - Guarani (PAR)
Internacional (BRA) - UANL (MEX)

UANL cannot represent CONMEBOL in the FIFA World Club Cup.

CONCACAF Champions' League Groups:

Group A: W Connection (TRI), Saprissa (CRC), Santos (MEX)
Group B: Metapan (SLV), Herediano (CRC), UANL (MEX)
Group C: Verdes (BLZ), San Francisco (PAN), Queretaro (MEX)
Group D: Central (TRI), Comunicaciones (GUA), Los Angeles (USA)
Group E: Walter Feretti (NCA), Motagua (HON), America (MEX)
Group F: Vancouver (CAN), Olimpia (HON), Seattle (USA)
Group G: Santa Tecla (SLV), Municipal (GUA), Salt Lake (USA)
Group H: Montego Bay United (JAM), Arabe Unido (PAN), DC (USA)

Post transfer rumors here as well.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Montella out at Fiorentina, Shame, I like the way he runs his teams. Gervinho apparently leaving Roma for the middle east

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Montella out at Fiorentina, Shame, I like the way he runs his teams. Gervinho apparently leaving Roma for the middle east

I was reading the other day that Fiorentina didn't have a single Italian player in their 11 in the Europa League. That is really strange for Serie A.

Snorky's Shame

Dani Alves gets to figure out new and interesting ways to ride escalators in Barcelona for two more years with an option for a third.

Luis Enrique signs contract extension until 2017. Odds are 50/50 he actually sees the contract out.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Taarabt to Benfica on a Free. I think we'll see Milan Taarabt rather than QPR Taarabt, when he isn't petulant he's class

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Miranda and Kondogbia heading to Inter. Tevez leaving Juve. Serie A might be more than a one-horse race this year.

Snorky's Shame

Parma declared bankrupt. They are now officially a Serie D/amateur team. Mike Piazza allegedly backed out of a deal to buy the team.

Italy should just get rid of relegation from Serie B down and just get the best 38 teams and have an 18 team Serie A and a 20 team Serie B. No relegation from Serie B. This was the Dutch system for years.

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Parma declared bankrupt. They are now officially a Serie D/amateur team. Mike Piazza allegedly backed out of a deal to buy the team.

Italy should just get rid of relegation from Serie B down and just get the best 38 teams and have an 18 team Serie A and a 20 team Serie B. No relegation from Serie B. This was the Dutch system for years.

But then you miss out on clubs like Carpi, Frosinone, and Sassuolo. Are you secretly Claudio Lotito?

That said, the setup below Serie B is needlessly complex. That's the Italian way.

Snorky's Shame

Don't forget Pescara, who finished in seventh in Serie B but won the promotion playoff.

I loathe Lotito and Lazio but he's right. These smaller clubs can't even play in their own stadium because they don't meet Serie A standards. That's not a good look at all. Italy is dumb though for having a 6 team promotion playoff. You can finish 8th and still get promoted. I'm fine with regionalized third divisions. That should be the norm, very few countries should have a professional, national third division.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Don't forget Pescara, who finished in seventh in Serie B but won the promotion playoff.

I loathe Lotito and Lazio but he's right. These smaller clubs can't even play in their own stadium because they don't meet Serie A standards. That's not a good look at all. Italy is dumb though for having a 6 team promotion playoff. You can finish 8th and still get promoted. I'm fine with regionalized third divisions. That should be the norm, very few countries should have a professional, national third division.

I'm thinking the only two countries that can pull off a national, third division are :england:because how long they have had a national third division but there are always one or two who find a way to go belly up and Germany because the tight fiscal controls put on the teams.

Snorky's Shame

CIG9AHBXAAAjZo8.jpg

CIG_k5zXAAAQple.png

CIHWu3jUwAACUoO.jpg

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm not actually sure who at Marseille is left, seems like they are losing their entire team this summer.

Big news is apparently Sergio Ramos wants out. De Gea for Ramos swap incoming perhaps?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Aren't they still on BeIN?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
AC Milan are getting both Luiz Adriano from Shakthar and Carlos Bacca from Sevilla it seems. Both Milans spending cash this offseason

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Podolski a DONE DEAL to Gala. Montoya on loan to Inter. Marca is blowing up with rumors of Turan to Barca but I can't really believe it just yet

Snorky's Shame

Turan to Barcelona.

Not sure how he fits considering his best position doesn't exist at Barcelona. I guess he could play either wing or either CM spot.

Snorky's Shame

Remember how excited everyone was when FOX picked up the Bundesliga rights for the U.S.?

It was horribly misplaced.

No games on Fox or FS1, only FS2, Fox Soccer Plus and Fox Soccer 2go.

Screw you Fox.

goblue96

Remember how excited everyone was when FOX picked up the Bundesliga rights for the U.S.?

It was horribly misplaced.

No games on Fox or FS1, only FS2, Fox Soccer Plus and Fox Soccer 2go.

Screw you Fox.

Is FS2 getting upgraded to HD anytime soon? Probably not. Fuck you, FOX. Fuck you.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Copa Libertadores Final First Leg is on tomorrow. Tigres from Monterrey Mexico host this leg vs. River Plate. Tigres would be the first Mexican team to win it in the history of CL. They are pretty stacked with big names, including Andre Gignac and Ike Uche.

goblue96

Copa Libertadores Final First Leg is on tomorrow. Tigres from Monterrey Mexico host this leg vs. River Plate. Tigres would be the first Mexican team to win it in the history of CL. They are pretty stacked with big names, including Andre Gignac and Ike Uche.

Will it have shitty CONCACAF officiating?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
No, shitty CONMEBOL officiating combined with shitty CONCACAF field quality and combined CONCACAF/CONMEBOL fans being dumb.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Coming home early to watch Rapid Wien (my "stuff white people like" team) play Ajax in a CL qualifier. Here's hoping they don't get stomped.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I hope your scarf is ready to go

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Fuck yeah, they're back in it! 2-1. Beric is such a finisher, hopefully Rapid can hang on to him for another year.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Rapid just tied it up, 2-2. I thought they were fucked for sure after Stefan Schwab picked up a straight red for an awful two-footer.