• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NFL: ALL HAIL THE ACID SHARKS

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That Joe Montainya da bess. With defensive rules the way they are, it was harder back then to QB. Plus they didn't have the rules where they couldn't be touched. That'll sway me to Montainya but to act like Brady isn't arguable is good.

My buddy hates Thomas and will never give him his due because of spy gate. We've had long discussions about the best QB and Thomas is 2 or 1b, IMO.

Bucksin04

Went to bed. Woke up. Yup, still the worst play call in the history of football. And for anyone that's saying recency bias, what other call is even in the discussion?

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
0G6lxV.png

Dear Pro Football Hall of Fame:

Mr. Brady wants in. You know what to do. Good night, good night to all.

Signed,

The Hachiko.

Bucksin04

Lost in all of this is the timeout Seattle burned after an incomplete pass on that final drive. Really should have had two timeouts at the end instead of one which would have allowed for at least two Lynch runs from the 1 yard line.

jdlikewhoa

Lost in all of this is the timeout Seattle burned after an incomplete pass on that final drive. Really should have had two timeouts at the end instead of one which would have allowed for at least two Lynch runs from the 1 yard line.

I'm not sure why that's even at issue. With 1 timeout on the 1 yard line, you probably have time to run 3 plays

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Three times with that pic in this thread now.

Is nationwide saying you should have life insurance on your kids? Maybe to cover funeral expenses or if it's a child star who is supporting you, but other than that no.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
New England not calling a time out with 40 seconds left probably threw Seattle off. They had to be thinking they would try to conserve clock there and because they didn't maybe Seattle got baited into throwing there.

Bucksin04

I'm not sure why that's even at issue. With 1 timeout on the 1 yard line, you probably have time to run 3 plays

1 timeout means that you're probably unable to run on 2nd AND 3rd down. With 1 TO, you can run it on 2nd. If you don't get the TD, you'd have to call TO with 15(?) seconds left. You can't risk running it again on 3rd and getting stopped, then having to clear out the pile at the goal line, get set, get the play called, and get it off in the span of 10 seconds.

With 2 TOs, you have the option of running or passing on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down which is obviously harder to game plan against defensively.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think we need some moar HOTTAKES, who thinks they should have run? Is Brady's legacy threatened by the controversy? Who is better between Montainya and Unitas? Does Marshawn Lynch like the media?

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
1 timeout means that you're probably unable to run on 2nd AND 3rd down. With 1 TO, you can run it on 2nd. If you don't get the TD, you'd have to call TO with 15(?) seconds left. You can't risk running it again on 3rd and getting stopped, then having to clear out the pile at the goal line, get set, get the play called, and get it off in the span of 10 seconds.

With 2 TOs, you have the option of running or passing on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down which is obviously harder to game plan against defensively.

It's debatable. There was 26 seconds on the clock so let's say you run it and get stopped. If you call a timeout immediately you should have around 19-21 seconds left on the clock. On the sideline you pick 2 plays that have the same personnel that enable you to run the ball 2 more times if you want. IMO I think there is time to run the ball 3 more times. Odds are it won't get to a 4th down as Lynch would have punched it in on 2nd or 3rd down.

osick87

Community Liaison
I know y'all liked the acid sharks and shit, but seriously, wtf was up with Katy Perry showing no cleavage at all? The fire suit and then that trash bag baggy suit were turrible.

Apparently her very Jesus loving father was in the audience.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Brick has been a prophet about these mong NFL coaches. 1 timeout left and marshawn fucking Lynch as your running back on the 1 yd line and you come out in the shotgun.
Lol who needs a fb, although the read option woulda worked better than that

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
Clearly the football gods aliens saw that bobble catch and intervened for the final play.

"I just had a vision that I was going to make a big play and it came true," Butler said. "I'm just blessed. I can't explain it right now. It's crazy."