• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Royals CF has only played since junior year in HS. Does not respect the game enough to play it his whole life

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
tumblr_lttf1jRJyd1qinvno.gif
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! The sarcasm flew by you and @Bruce Wayne. True brothers, no doubt.

Gooksta

Seems Phillies are pushing this Hamels trade pretty hot.. what you hearing Phillies fans? I heard Soler, CJ Edwards and Baez was one rumor.. thats laughable. one I have heard that might be plausible is Baez, Alcantara, Edwin Jackson for Hamels..

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
One of the best moments in my life was my dog pissing on his daddy's statue while all the Cardinal fans stood around in horror.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
All fanbases have issues, STL seems to have a higher percentage of morans. There are some great knowledgeable baseball fans. A group welcomed me over for dinner, and really wanted to know more about the Cubs kids coming up. Bought rounds etc...

Last month I was down there, the family of 4 behind me was talking about the Cubs players. The little kid behind me asked him mom if all the Cubs were black? Simple question with all the race issues in St. Louis recently. The mom's answer, "well there is a Chinaman pitching, the guy right there (Soler) is from Cuba, I think the rest are Mexican." Good job ma, keep fucking that chicken.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I am Packfan on this. Most of my Cardinal friends are extremely knowledgeable. I just think it's the "best fans in baseball" mantra that unfortunately sets a high bar that your average and definitely below average intelligence/class fans betray on a startlingly regular basis.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
I think Deadspin has the article about White Flight Stadium and all the under table deals and how the residents were bent over without even knowing. I will search later.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Another one from the fire holy shit. Where these home runs were in the reg season...who knows. Just going to enjoy them. Let's kick Baltimores ass again in 13 plus hours.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
I think Deadspin has the article about White Flight Stadium and all the under table deals and how the residents were bent over without even knowing. I will search later.

I hit on the theme of karma a little bit this morning. A more direct example of it can be seen in Cobb County, Georgia in connection with the Braves moving up there in 2017.
Yesterday we saw that the county commissioner, Tim Lee, was cagey and defensive when asked about the details of the negotiations which ultimately led to the Braves moving north. Specifically, how he may have broken the law when he hired a lawyer to work on the deal that moved the team to Cobb County and that now he appears to be trying to avoid any questioning about it. Turns out it’s even more delicious than that.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Lee apparently hired this bond lawyer and then tried to keep it and anything else about the Braves negotiations out of the public record by using private email addresses rather than public ones. Then, I assume because he knew that hiring the bond lawyer like this was illegal, he proceeded as if the lawyer wasn’t really hired, made it clear he wasn’t going to pay the lawyer and was not at all prepared to have the lawyer officially and properly hired once the project became public. Indeed, his statements yesterday were adamant about how the lawyer was not paid, would not be paid and had no expectation of payment.
Except the lawyer, apparently, didn’t feel that way. According to the AJC, he most certainly wanted to be paid — or, at the very least, wanted and expected to get the work that spun out of the Braves stadium project — and when Commissioner Lee kept stonewalling him, the lawyer did something that was simply elegant: he sent an email to the commissioner. To his public email address. Providing a clear paper trail that, contrary to Lee’s denials, shows that he did illegally hire the lawyer and that he is a mendacious jackwagon. The lawyer, I am certain, knew what he was doing.
The big lesson here: public officials should never break the law and should never try to hide their official acts from public scrutiny.
The second biggest lesson: publicly-financed stadium deals are almost, by definition, invitations to corruption.
The more subtle, but more useful lesson: never, ever try to double-cross a lawyer.

Bdub

Who the fuck cares? You are constantly mocking Braves fans for this. Newsflash none of us even live in Georgia so why would we give a shit what Atlanta did or did not do to get their stadium?

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Actually it impacts me personally so I fucking care. Having a shitty office in Cobb County is my complaint.

It has little to do with the Braves, stadium financing intrigues me. United Center which was paid for privately compared to US Cellular Field which is still being paid off 20+ years later. More recently Soldier Field is going to cost Chicagoans almost a billion dollars, while Wrigley's remodel won't cost me a dime.

It has nothing to do with the Braves imo, the corruption and illegal activities in Cobb County will probably end up in jail time.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
@Packfan lemme change that. The Royals are the hottest shit right now. LoCain is great on fly balls. And Moose finally figured out how to hit a beisbol. 2 wins away...

Bdub

Extremely defensive and has no ties to the Barves. The no ties thing happens with a lot of teams, but it seems like their whole fan base is outside of Cobb County
Not extremely defensive. After the 10th time it just gets old. It's almost as bad as attendance smack.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
they really have been good. Dumbass Joe Buck seems to squeeze in 15 NFL mentions every broadcast, though

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Was hoping spike dirt would help the G's win. Looking like eventually it'll be the Royals out of the AL, which is cool