• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

John Middleton is a quiet billionaire who made his money selling:

cigar_family.jpg.aspx

He cashed out in 2007 when his company was bought by Altria for $2.9 billion.

http://articles.philly.com/2007-11-02/news/25225874_1_cigar-sales-cigar-market-cigar-industry

My mom worked there for 15 to 20 years because it the only company in the area which let people smoke at their desks.

Last edited:

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I think the cardinals are stealing signs. Someone should look at their average with runners on 2nd

Plotty

Tath Meacher
My gracious, one frigging game from the Championship series. Big game james toes the hill Sunday in KC. To even buy a ticket it's at least 250 plus for standing room only. So pumped right now. We may have had some low lights but right now we are playing our best ball.

Wolfman21

day of damn good baseball from the looks of it. Three games decided by one run that was scored in the 7th inning or later with the other game going extra innings.

Also, who would have bet that Adam Wainwright and Clayton Kershaw would both have ERA's in the double digits after their first start?

As far as the Angels/KC series...Trout/Pujols/Hamilton are 1-25 in the series. They would lose to the Astros twice in a row with that kind of production from their big 3

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Posey was clearly out. Foot bounced and ramos tagged him

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Giants entire lineup is guys hitting way below 300. The fact that they are this good is fucking obnoxious.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Can someone explain why we have umps calling balls and strikes? If you say tradition, I will shame you.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This ump is a jackass. The strike zone expands 6 inches when you get 2 strikes.

Now, I will say, both those argued calls for Cabrera were true blue strikes basically down the fucking middle, lol. If you are trying to win a game in walk-off fashion and bitching about rib high fastballs down the middle, you're really grasping.

But still. Constantly changing zone.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Stammen lived on my floor freshman year. He's made a hell of a career for hisself.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Most of the Giants roster look like subway employees. Hey Brandon Belt, 12" bmt please

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Hats off to KC; they earned it. Their players looked way more into it from the beginning, and the Angels' high priced stars mostly all disappointed.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
@TrojanMan Good series, we are just undoubtedly playing out of our ass right now. I only saw this team once during the season, around early and mid August. At some point I fear the regular Royals will show up. But right now, I'm going to sit back and enjoy this.

Orioles, we're coming for you.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
KC might ride the wave all the way. The playoffs are short and momentum matters. That's why a fair number of wild card teams go all the way -- they had to play (and win) right to the end to even get in. Meanwhile, the Angels put it in cruise control the last 8 or 10 games, and couldn't turn it back on when it mattered.

I'm disappointed obviously, but a KC-Baltimore ALCS is kind of cool; much preferable to a Boston-NY, Detroit-Texas, or any of the other usual suspects we've had lately.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I actually prefer KC-Baltimore than anything else. But I cannot abide by the Giants getting any further, even ignoring a casual allegiance to the Nats. Their entire roster look like grocery store employees.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The Giants' Costco shopping cart attendants scored 1 more run in each of the 3 wins.