• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 Premier League

Chase

Sounds like QPR. He's only worth 1.2 billion. Not dat reel oil money. Bankrupt within 5 years if they plan on spending that much.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well, if he spreads it out over 3 years, it's not that bad of an idea. The BPL tv money is more than enough to cover $60mm per in investments.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
There's a good chance they do, just because it's hard to see which teams will play worse than a championship side. WBA is probably going down, but everyone else looks like they're going to improve. CP isn't going anywhere anytime soon, Swansea will have Michu back for a full season, Sunderland can't get much worse than they were, etc. Think it'll be Burnley + WBA + One of Leicester/QPR/Derby going down next year just because of that.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Aston Villa and West Ham are strong contenders to go down. If Southampton gets raided completely, they'd be a candidate, too. I wouldn't put it past Newcastle to get relegated either. The PL was so shitty past the top 7 that really I think almost any of those teams could go down (except Crystal Palace ... Pulis will keep them up).

Chase

Well, if he spreads it out over 3 years, it's not that bad of an idea. The BPL tv money is more than enough to cover $60mm per in investments.

BPL TV money will probably mean more inflated prices within the league.

Man City spent $127 million ($50 million on Robinho/Jo :laughing:) in 2008 and finished in 10th place. They're better off just buying Southampton's entire youth system.

Renegade

Charge on!
Need some playoffs up in this bitch.

1. Manchester City vs 8. Southampton
2. Liverpool vs. 7. Man U.
3. Chelsea vs. 6. Tottenham
4. Arsenal vs. 5. Everton

Who doesn't want to see this?

chibob

Aston Villa and West Ham are strong contenders to go down. If Southampton gets raided completely, they'd be a candidate, too. I wouldn't put it past Newcastle to get relegated either. The PL was so shitty past the top 7 that really I think almost any of those teams could go down (except Crystal Palace ... Pulis will keep them up).

Newcastle relegated? I really dont see that happening. They werent even that bad against Liverpool.

And same with Southampton, even if they lose certain players theyll bolster themselves with new players and young players coming through. One thing Southampton does is produce talent.

West Ham and Aston Villa could be candidates but all depends on their managers and how they react to the problems they faced this year.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Newcastle relegated? I really dont see that happening. They werent even that bad against Liverpool.

And same with Southampton, even if they lose certain players theyll bolster themselves with new players and young players coming through. One thing Southampton does is produce talent.

West Ham and Aston Villa could be candidates but all depends on their managers and how they react to the problems they faced this year.

I also doubt that either go down, but I was just making the point about how bad the bottom 12 of the league were. Newcastle picked up 15 points after January 1st. Obviously it doesn't work like this, but if you take that over the course of the whole season, they'd be relegated.

Renegade

Charge on!
Everyone.

No, we must export American ideals onto this. Plus it angers the Brits to talk about it. The legit reason against it is the prolonging of the schedule and the interference with other events. But don't tell me that the audience for that wouldn't be a magnitude larger.

Shakabreaux

The premier league already rivals the NFL in terms of global popularity. Not to mention we all talk about it far more than we do the MLS or any other European league. I'd say it is fine just the way it is.

The season or campaign lasts 9 months already, and opens up just in time for summer, which is perfect. No traditional playoff means EVERY game matters, and makes each game that much more interesting. You want Playoff drama? Oh hai FA Cup, Capital One Cup, Europa League and UCL.

/dikembe mutombo

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Liverpool to break out, next season, their traditional road....yellows?!?!

10294389_10152543544352573_7064843592260552639_n.jpg

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
The premier league already rivals the NFL in terms of global popularity. Not to mention we all talk about it far more than we do the MLS or any other European league. I'd say it is fine just the way it is.

The season or campaign lasts 9 months already, and opens up just in time for summer, which is perfect. No traditional playoff means EVERY game matters, and makes each game that much more interesting. You want Playoff drama? Oh hai FA Cup, Capital One Cup, Europa League and UCL.

/dikembe mutombo
You mean the drama of which hired mercenaries bought by oil money billionaires will beat the other hired mercenaries bought by oil money billionaires?

Or the drama of which backups will hoist TEH CAPITAL ONE CUP!

Shakabreaux

So you don't like either? The entire team is made up of blood money mercenaries and backups. At least in soccer, you get to see the whole bench play, albeit different competitions.

If you want to make the premier league more like American sports, it should start and end with half naked cheerleaders and fireworks (read explosions).

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So you don't like either? The entire team is made up of blood money mercenaries and backups. At least in soccer, you get to see the whole bench play, albeit different competitions.

If you want to make the premier league more like American sports, it should start and end with half naked cheerleaders and fireworks (read explosions).

I'd rather watch them, HIYYOOOOOO

Chase

Liverpool to break out, next season, their traditional road....yellows?!?!

Those are awesome and Warrior makes a pretty shitty kit. The Manchester United Chevy kit will be big with dew drinkers and truck drivers.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni

tumblr_m9ubjkS6JM1rbw6bto1_400.gif

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Those are awesome and Warrior makes a pretty shitty kit. The Manchester United Chevy kit will be big with dew drinkers and truck drivers.

It's more a commentary on going with yellow as the road kit color. It's an improvement on this past year's white "Space Invader" kit.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah the late 80s/early 90s theme with this past season's away/third kits was awful. That yellow one is nice, though.

Renegade

Charge on!
What is the facility fee and what's the different tiering of it? Also, any idea how much the clubs made off of their own resources (tix, merchandise, etc.)?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
But wait, there's more:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27484318

He's been going back and forth on twitter, first it was a joke, then it's serious. The kicker is that there's literally a video of him being wished a happy birthday on City's website.

If he really wants to leave, I'm cool with it. Grab an extra 30mm in Euros and make a big 55mm play for Pogba.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
First it was a joke, then serious. Yaya is like a reverse Utopian

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I generally don't love collars either. I think I'm just excited that they went back to yellow with blue.

That being said, I still love this shirt --
10359.jpg

from like 5 years ago. Sometimes the collar just "works" for me.

**EDIT: Growing up, I had the same coach for several seasons in a row. He was a Swedish guy, so he'd always get us yellow and blue uniforms. I just sort of stuck with me. I always like that color scheme for a soccer team.

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
In all honesty, I would have been happy with anything other than the plain black and white away and 3rd's from last season, because I much preferred the outrageous orange and fluorescent yellows from years past. But this yellow one is awesome as well.

Renegade

Charge on!
Stoke signed Phil Bardsley from Sunderland. Geoff Cameron's future as the starting RB looks in doubt, but there's been talk about him moving to defensive midfield, so he may not be out of the starting lineup just yet.